Page 1 of 2
LastLast

end of festerblight?

Regarding Berserking and Blood Fury, also remember that we’re reducing the amount of cooldown stacking in the game, and more importantly, removing DoT snapshotting. That is effectively a significant nerf to Berserking and Blood Fury, since you'll no longer be able to extend their benefit long past their intended duration. We expect that these changes will bring Trolls and Orcs in line with other races (but not underpowered, either).

Regarding Touch of Elune, we're making all secondary stats useful to everyone (aside from Spirit for non-healers and Bonus Armor for non-tanks), and more closely balancing their value. As others have pointed out, there are no more haste breakpoints, so this doesn’t imply any gear changes should be made based on time of day.

Additionally, we do still want there to be some difference and choice between the racial abilities, which does mean that players who want to min/max to that degree may still find more value in another race. We don’t feel the difference, even in a worst case scenario, is going to be large enough that someone who wants to play a Night Elf should feel like they're making the wrong choice, but players who are only interested in what they feel are the best racials for their class or spec will have other race options available.

am i reading this correctly, earlier he stated festerblight may return in WoD, how can it if DoT will no longer snapshot

Deleted
    perhaps somthing to do with necrotic plague stacks

Yea, I have the feeling that FS and Necrotic Plague will interact in such a way that Festerblight will be strong enough to be a competitive playstyle.

Subjective evidence means nothing at this point, just wait till we actually get info from real testing

I believe it was festerblight from the standpoint that our diseases would be a more important part of our rotation, not so much that we specifically game our procs to put them up for as strong as possible for as long as possible.

Its festerblight if your definition was "A way of playing unholy that focuses more on diseases".

Very early after Blizzcon a developer said on twitter that Necrotic Plague could be based around a festerblight playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    am i reading this correctly, earlier he stated festerblight may return in WoD, how can it if DoT will no longer snapshot
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...71865985978370

So, yeah, no more snapshotting.
    But still, some dots keep a relevant gameplay (like the Combustion/Ignite example), so something may be found for Festerblight too.

Will Necrotic Plague have a cap or something? Because if it hasn't and in the fight are always enemies for it to stack it could theoretically stack forever, resulting in ultra low damage at the beginning but OP shit at the end of the fight...
    Would feel so shitty if they do this O_o
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Deleted
    Enough complaining and Festerblight might survive. DoT snapshotting will mostly go away, but they may keep some DoTs to have a static value. Combustion isn't the same type of DoT since it can't be non-snapshot without changing how it works entirely, but it's still something to bring up in arguments I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Will Necrotic Plague have a cap or something? Because if it hasn't and in the fight are always enemies for it to stack it could theoretically stack forever, resulting in ultra low damage at the beginning but OP shit at the end of the fight...
    Would feel so shitty if they do this O_o
    Blizzard will _always_ cap everything.
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2014-03-04 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Blizzard will _always_ cap everything.
    k, true

Still sounds like a shitty playstyle to me, hopefully they don't do something like this, actually I hope they don't make Necrotic Plague THIS important :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    k, true

Still sounds like a shitty playstyle to me, hopefully they don't do something like this, actually I hope they don't make Necrotic Plague THIS important :/
    Would be fine with necrotic plague being a big deal for unholy if it added some sort of interesting interaction like DoTs do for warlocks, but not if it is just another DoT to manage that doesn't do anything else for the spec. And I certainly hope it isn't mandatory for frost.

I had to Google what the hell festerblight was. As someone who's played a DK since the beginning of wrath, I feel a little ashamed.

But now that I know what it is (And I remember actually doing this in game, though without knowing it had a name for it,) this is another reason I am against the removal of DoT snapshotting.

Though I may be biased because I main a warlock.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Would be fine with necrotic plague being a big deal for unholy if it added some sort of interesting interaction like DoTs do for warlocks, but not if it is just another DoT to manage that doesn't do anything else for the spec. And I certainly hope it isn't mandatory for frost.
    Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Festerblight was phased out months and months ago.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I thought Festerblight was phased out months and months ago.
    Festerblight refers to the playstyle Unholy commonly used in T15 wherein you applied your diseases during your opener in the first 20 seconds with 10 stacks of Feather and as many Primordius' stacks as possible and kept them up for the remainder of the encounter.

The only fight this tier where Festerblight is advised is on Sha of Pride if you get the first Gift of the Titans and are able to apply your diseases with everything up. All other encounters warrant reapplying diseases every 2 minutes which coincidentally also lines up perfectly with your double trinket proc (assuming Thok's and Galakras'). Festerblight can thusly not be used to describe the current Unholy playstyle.

OT: Nothing's set in stone yet, but Festering Strike is hinted to interact with Necrotic Plague in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Festering Strike is hinted to interact with Necrotic Plague in some way.
    This is interesting. If it adds stacks to it or something it may be fun to keep those stacks up instead of reapllying them. Give WoD!

Deleted
    Festerblight refers to the playstyle Unholy commonly used in T15 wherein you applied your diseases during your opener in the first 20 seconds with 10 stacks of Feather and as many Primordius' stacks as possible and kept them up for the remainder of the encounter.

The only fight this tier where Festerblight is advised is on Sha of Pride if you get the first Gift of the Titans and are able to apply your diseases with everything up. All other encounters warrant reapplying diseases every 2 minutes which coincidentally also lines up perfectly with your double trinket proc (assuming Thok's and Galakras'). Festerblight can thusly not be used to describe the current Unholy playstyle.

OT: Nothing's set in stone yet, but Festering Strike is hinted to interact with Necrotic Plague in some way.
    As much as that's true I have found myself ending up spamming FeS instead of 2x SS in high haste situations or when I get proc streaks and end up with far too many runes to have the globals to use them. It still has it's place as getting resource capped is still a dps loss compared to just spamming FeS/DC for 5-10 secs when you need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Festerblight refers to the playstyle Unholy commonly used in...
    I'm entirely aware of what it is. And according to the people who theorycrafted it, and the Festerblight thread, it was phased out months ago, with snapshotting changed months ago.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Considering that isn't the only fight it's useful on it's not as dead as you put it out to say. Even stated above, sometimes we just get unlucky and have more resources then we can handle and need to dump some FS to stay in a smooth rotation, slight loss then to keep a smoother damage output later.

I mean on Malk even with CD's lining up perfect I apply my dot with everything popped at the start and then festering until the first transition. From then I just spam SS as I have the dots on long enough to last until we kill the boss (easily lasts into the second transition).

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Considering that isn't the only fight it's useful on it's not as dead as you put it out to say. Even stated above, sometimes we just get unlucky and have more resources then we can handle and need to dump some FS to stay in a smooth rotation, slight loss then to keep a smoother damage output later.

I mean on Malk even with CD's lining up perfect I apply my dot with everything popped at the start and then festering until the first transition. From then I just spam SS as I have the dots on long enough to last until we kill the boss (easily lasts into the second transition).
    Sounds like a product of RC winning you the lottery over and over; that inconsistency is why I don't use it. I hardly ever need to FeS outside the first ~minute for the sole purpose of dumping resources even at ~6.5k haste.