Page 1 of 50
... LastLast
    Deleted

Silver proving grounds medal in specific role to que for random HC warlords dungeon

blue source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...d-for-lfd-lfr/

To at least get everyone on the same page in terms of information, since a summary of a translated version of a translation of a few sentences in a single interview may not be the best foundation for a 24-page discussion, here's an overview of our current thinking:

We will have Normal and Heroic versions of our max-level dungeons. (Note that we did not have Normal level 90 dungeons in Mists.)
    There will be no special requirement other than basic level/ilvl requirements on queuing for Normal dungeons or LFR.
    Level-up quest gear will get you into Normal dungeons/scenarios, and Normal dungeon/scenario gear will get you into LFR.
    Heroic dungeons will be more challenging than the Normal version (not brutally difficult, mind you -- just somewhat more demanding).
    You will need a Silver Proving Grounds medal in a given role in order to queue for random matchmaking for a Heroic Warlords dungeon. If you form a premade group, you can zone in regardless and no such requirement applies.

In the past, challenging content and random matchmaking have often not gone so well together. Relying on item level does nothing to prevent a random group from getting, for example, a tank who may literally have never tanked before. Everyone has to learn somewhere, but we'd rather not have that learning come at other players' expense. One option would be to require a full premade group to do Heroic Dungeons, as we do with Heroic Scenarios, but that would present a very high barrier to entry (finding 4 other people with rigid role requirements is much harder than finding 2 other people with no role requirements). This solution represents a compromise in order to allow the content to see a broader reach via matchmaking, while minimizing frustration.

And yes, we realize that by formally using Proving Grounds as a qualification, it will be incumbent upon us to further refine their balance and mechanics. We'll be updating them for Warlords, and we're confident that we can make them a fair test of baseline ability within a given role.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fucking love it. Couldn't be happier. I am fucking super excited about how they are handling the new heroics. Please Blizzard, don't fuck this up for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    4/5 of the the thread already complaning. The WoW forums are literally the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    AWESOME 10/char
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I don't really have an opinion one way or another. It's not hard to get silver if you actually go and try for it, and that at least shows that people tried for something then. Though, it doesn't guarantee that those people will be good or that they'll pay attention in the end either. It does feel like a step in the right direction, I guess?
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    blue source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...d-for-lfd-lfr/

You will need a Silver Proving Grounds medal in a given role in order to queue for random matchmaking for a Heroic Warlords dungeon. If you form a premade group, you can zone in regardless and no such requirement applies.
    I'm curious if silvers being account wide will count, or if they're going to force people to go do brainless bronze/silver modes on all their alts?

Seems rather tedious if you have to bother to do it on every character; I did all of them and started endless on my main, but it was just too boring to bother doing it on any of my alts. : /

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    4/5 of the the thread already complaning. The WoW forums are literally the worst.
    Really hate that Proving grounds are now going to be mandatory. The queues for the LFD will now be hours as there will be even less tanks and healers who will be able to even queue up.
    Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosridge View Post
    Really hate that Proving grounds are now going to be mandatory. The queues for the LFD will now be hours as there will be even less tanks and healers who will be able to even queue up.
    You're assuming too much. And if the prize to getting a bit better suited group for a semi challengeing dungeon is more time, so be it. Dont exaggerate, even less when it comes to Looking for dungeons, the most used feature in game. If it was for LFR, maybe.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-02-22 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    i dont mind that, but i see it getting changed after a few patches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosridge View Post
    If your tank/healer can't manage silver, do you even want to group with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

I like this.

Homophobia is so gay.

could help i guess.

i'd rather they stopped trying to fix LFD though and give us additional (premade only) difficulty instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ponth View Post
    If your tank/healer can't manage silver, do you even want to group with them?

That's not the issue. Instead of the queue being open to anyone of a certain level, or even an Ilevel, now we need to wait for people to finish proving grounds before they could even queue. I know plenty of elite level raiders that never cared to do proving grounds.

They did state they will be balancing/changing PG for Warlords.

I am a decent tank, so I don't really mind either way. My queues are usually instant.

It takes 10 minutes to do silver. Its a mindset thing. Also, its probably account wide.

Regardless, we don't have enough info. Blizzard has strongly hinted that there is some equivelant of heroic dungeons for gearing purposes that they haven't told us about yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    That's not the issue. Instead of the queue being open to anyone of a certain level, or even an Ilevel, now we need to wait for people to finish proving grounds before they could even queue. I know plenty of elite level raiders that never cared to do proving grounds.
    Truth be told, some of those elite level Raiders, also get incredibly frustraded when they group with people that have literally no idea of how to play thier class, and that causes them to A) rage at them B) Stop trying to do dungeons because thier frustraded from getting incompetent players.(This occured a lot during Cata's release) I know this might sound extreamly elitist. But I'm just trying to say that the same people that you're referecing, are the ones that would benefit, aswell as the group as a whole. It would redicate a smaller chance of failure, which in the end, those Elite players would feel comfortable in returning for a Random matchmakeing Dungeon.

Goes into the right direction. Some sort of entry barrier is needed if you are being let loose on other players, direly so. However I don't think getting "only" Silver PG is enough in the long run. I mean, come on that takes like 10 minutes or what and 95% of all players will one-shot it. Nothing learned in the process. I'm not saying Endless but Gold should be the standard to have a somewhat effective gate, at least if PG stays as underwhelming as it is today. Silver is more like, you downed the first two bosses of a raid and get benched for the rest. Anyone can do better.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Goes into the right direction. Some sort of entry barrier is needed if you are being let loose on other players, direly so. However I don't think getting "only" Silver PG is enough in the long run. I mean, come on that takes like 10 minutes or what and 95% of all players will one-shot it. Nothing learned in the process. I'm not saying Endless but Gold should be the standard to have a somewhat effective gate, at least if PG stays as underwhelming as it is today. Silver is more like, you downed the first two bosses of a raid and get benched for the rest. Anyone can do better.
    I imagine they will introduce more ''get out of this right now or you die'' and ''look theres a cleave animation move or you get hit hard'' sorts of mechanics. PG silver today doesn't have many of those.

Btw, note that LFR doesn't apply. (As translation seemed to imply).

This would seem to be an indication heroic dungeons will have similar rewards to LFR and that LFR will have its difficulty nerfed heavily.

Forget proving grounds why not just give a questionnaire to everybody who wants to do 5 mans with questions like

1. Do you nerdrage over every fucking little problem
    2. Will you afk through the whole instance
    3. Will you just ignore everything people are shouting you at
    4. Do you suffer from tunnel vision
    5. Does standing in fire give you a buff or make you die?
    5. Does pet growl make you do more dps?
    6. Is PVP gear ok for PVE?

getting scrubs to pew pew a few stationary dummies aint gonna do shit like in proving grounds