What do we know about Ashran?

Blizzard has failed miserably in their attempts of fostering world PvP before - especially when engaging it directly. Though, I'm a sucker for world PvP and it's a selling point of any MMO for me. I'm very curious about what blizzard has planned for Ashran but few details have been released.

Here's what I know, fill me in on anything I missed.

- Will play like old school AV. This means players will have mini objectives to go off and do like collecting scraps, wolves, blood, etc. The goal here is likely to split players up from the big zerg and have them scatter around the zone a bit while still contributing to the greater good of the battle.

- Each "battle" will last up to 2 days but will continue indefinitely.

- siege weapons will be included and it looks like there will be some new ones

- ???

That's about it I guess? I think they said there'll be rewards to keep players there for a long time, instead of people leaving when they got full gear etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I am excited about a non-stop battle zone... a place to be will in queue for random/rated BGs. I tried some PvP campaigns in the ESO beta this past weekend and was a lot of fun with siege engines. Hoping what they come up with in WoD will stick

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiMax7 View Post
    I am excited about a non-stop battle zone... a place to be will in queue for random/rated BGs. I tried some PvP campaigns in the ESO beta this past weekend and was a lot of fun with siege engines. Hoping what they come up with in WoD will stick
    The PvP zone in ESO is fantastic. A lot of really amazing ideas used in it and I have my doubts that Ashran will match it let alone be better. ESO is kind of mediocre with everything else so i'm hoping WoW can do the world pvp zone as good as they have