Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic Dark Shaman - 0 healers with Haromm

I recently read a strategy for Heroic Dark Shaman which involves sending 2 tanks up the hill with Haromm, while the other 8 players stay down with Kardriss, effectively leaving the Haromm tanks to self-heal the fight. The OP of the forum post where I read this was running with a Guardian Druid and Blood DK (the same as us), however, I am slightly concerned about my ability to survive the entire fight (I'm the Blood DK).

Essentially, I play Frost for every fight except for this, and therefore I am in about 60% DPS gear (1 tank trinket, Blood 2 set, some mastery-heavy pieces).
    On that note, I am looking for any Blood DKs who have attempted this that can share their experiences with it. My iLevel is ~570, but my mastery as blood is not extremely high (around 12-13k unbuffed) due to having a lot of DPS gear. I am reasonably experienced in being self-sufficient as a Blood DK, as I solo a lot of older content when I'm bored.

Therefore, if anyone has any suggestions as to talent/glyph choices which seemed to work well, it would be greatly appreciated.

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure whether to post here or in DK forums.)

Did you find out how geared and experienced those tanks were before attempting to find out if it is feasible for your raid?

For progression, it is still better to send a healer up for safety.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Can't see this being a great idea, at high stacks Haromm smashes into the tanks.

Well I don't know, I wouldn't want to tank it.

It would be easier just to solo heal each part of the fight. That is, one up top and one on the bottom. We've been doing that since week 1.

Unless you intend to completely solo heal the fight with no healer up top, your strategy does not seem worthwhile. And even then, it's needlessly risky for more than just a goof.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthinkofaname View Post
    I recently read a strategy for Heroic Dark Shaman which involves sending 2 tanks up the hill with Haromm, while the other 8 players stay down with Kardriss, effectively leaving the Haromm tanks to self-heal the fight. The OP of the forum post where I read this was running with a Guardian Druid and Blood DK (the same as us), however, I am slightly concerned about my ability to survive the entire fight (I'm the Blood DK).

Essentially, I play Frost for every fight except for this, and therefore I am in about 60% DPS gear (1 tank trinket, Blood 2 set, some mastery-heavy pieces).
    On that note, I am looking for any Blood DKs who have attempted this that can share their experiences with it. My iLevel is ~570, but my mastery as blood is not extremely high (around 12-13k unbuffed) due to having a lot of DPS gear. I am reasonably experienced in being self-sufficient as a Blood DK, as I solo a lot of older content when I'm bored.

Therefore, if anyone has any suggestions as to talent/glyph choices which seemed to work well, it would be greatly appreciated.

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure whether to post here or in DK forums.)
    I was tanking this 2 weeks ago and both healers up top died at 28%. The other tank and myself (both paladins) tanked it from 28% to 0 while sustaining eachother. We had most cooldowns up because this is a farm fight for us and CDs are just used for oh shit moments here (major cds) and we are both 572ilvl so we had those things going for us. Seeing we both stayed alive through the hardest part of the encounter like this I'm sure with the right tank setup and proper CD use it would be doable from 100-0. Not sure how blood DK would do as I don't play one at a (relatively) high level so make sure you come back and let us know how it goes if you try it.

EDIT: If this is progression content for you having 0 healers up top isn't going to do you, or your raid, any favours and I'd suggest not doing it. If you've been doing this forever and are looking up ways to spice up farm clears stuff like this can be incredibly fun.

I did forget to mention that we have done this encounter previously, however due to recent roster changes our old method of doing the fight is no longer feasible.
    The players from the thread I read were, from memory, approximately 571/572 iLevel.

RIP
    Cantthinkofaname
    Died 2014

"Always in our hearts,
    Was a bit of a dreamer.
    Tried to tank Haromm,
    Without any healers."
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-04 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    RIP
    Cantthinkofaname
    Died 2014

"Always in our hearts,
    Was a bit of a dreamer.
    Tried to tank Haromm,
    Without any healers."
    i love you.

Seriously though, I see no issues with you being able to do it if you manage stacks and CDs properly for stacks. Assuming 10man, 3 tanks, 2 healers, 5 DPS.
    2 Tanks at Haromms just swapping when stacks reset and healing themselves up to full/maintaining a full shield/rage bar between tanking, rolling CDs whilst tanking.

That being said though, try it with your gear, you'll find out pretty quickly if you can do it or not.
    Last edited by Oxyra; 2014-03-04 at 11:44 AM.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Not a great idea though definitely possible. Guardian is my off spec and surviving that would be pretty easy tbh. I need a cooldown or a good amount of rage/active mitigation ready for when I taunt, and afterwards 250k vengeance will sustain me. The 3 classes that would be able to do this "easily" are probably Druid > Paladin > Death Knight.

If you stack Mastery > Haste > whatever dodge or smthing
    then you should be able to do it. I'm theorizing here, as my own DK is far from geared enough. There is always magic damage for AMS and you can have full stacks of Blood Tap ready for when you taunt.

I wouldn't do it for progress though. It's way more difficult than just sending 5 people up there or having one healer learn how to use his cooldowns.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-03-04 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Not a great idea though definitely possible. Guardian is my off spec and surviving that would be pretty easy tbh. I need a cooldown or a good amount of rage/active mitigation ready for when I taunt, and afterwards 250k vengeance will sustain me. The 3 classes that would be able to do this "easily" are probably Druid > Paladin > Death Knight.

If you stack Mastery > Haste > whatever dodge or smthing
    then you should be able to do it. I'm theorizing here, as my own DK is far from geared enough. There is always magic damage for AMS and you can have full stacks of Blood Tap ready for when you taunt.

I wouldn't do it for progress though. It's way more difficult that just sending 5 people up there or having one healer learn how to use his cooldowns.
    Dark Shamans isn't exactly difficult in the first place to be done normally, especially on 10man.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantthinkofaname View Post

2 at Kardriss and 8 at Haromm makes this fight the easiest heroic fight in all of SoO (yes, even easier than Galakras), by far. Having people standing by Kardriss just means you have a very weak tank that doesn't even know how to kite.
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2014-03-04 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont get it to be honest - Are your DPS not up to par? Otherwise why overcomplicate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    2 at Kardriss and 8 at Haromm makes this fight the easiest heroic fight in all of SoO (yes, even easier than Galakras), by far. Having people standing by Kardriss just means you have a very weak tank that doesn't even know how to kite.
    Think you got the names mixed up lad.

Haromm: Male Shaman with Ashen Wall
    Kardriss: Female Shaman with Foul Geyser

Although, now I wanna do a 8 on Haromm 2 on Kardriss. Putting Kardris inside garrosh room with 1 heal and 1 aoe tank who can solo the oozes. And everyone else outside dodging Iron Pillars like mad. The Toxic Mist will be horrendous though inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I'm curious, unless that was trolling, Haromm is the only one in the fight capable of killing people, why would putting more people at him (hence increase the chance someone will mess up - i.e: DoT + toxic line combo, or bad tomb positioning) make the fight easier?

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    I dont get it to be honest - Are your DPS not up to par? Otherwise why overcomplicate it?

Ha, doing the fight the normal way over-complicates it. This strat simplifies it to no extent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Think you got the names mixed up lad.

Haromm: Male Shaman with Ashen Wall
    Kardriss: Female Shaman with Foul Geyser

Although, now I wanna do a 8 on Haromm 2 on Kardriss. Putting Kardris inside garrosh room with 1 heal and 1 aoe tank who can solo the oozes. And everyone else outside dodging Iron Pillars like mad. The Toxic Mist will be horrendous though inside.
    Take Haromm and all DPS up top of the hill where they basically get to patchwork it, and one tank and one healer just kite Kadris and the oozes all around. You don't even need to kill the oozes.

It's a very simple HC fight if you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by vadya View Post
    Take Haromm and all DPS up top of the hill where they basically get to patchwork it, and one tank and one healer just kite Kadris and the oozes all around. You don't even need to kill the oozes.

It's a very simple HC fight if you do this.
    As said, it became harder than dividing the raid evenly, or even 2 Haromm 8 Kardris. Everything Kardris does - ground void zones x 2, the oozes and iron debuff - generally only require brute forcing without much decision making or fast reaction - are not an issue since they won't one-shot you (well, meteor can, but that is if you stand in it for 10s), while Haromm's Iron Tomb and / or Toxic debuff + toxic stream combo can kill people if someone mess up (moving wrong direction, or slow reaction). I wouldn't say putting everyone on Haromm would make it a patchwerk fight, or even make it easier than the other options.

Kardris is already so easy and classes like warlocks get a single target dps increase from the adds. Can't see 8 at the top being a good idea..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Ha, doing the fight the normal way over-complicates it. This strat simplifies it to no extent.
    No not that, why would you go with 0 healers w. Haromm I dont really see the point, is enrage shouldnt be an issue?
    Last edited by PhillieB; 2014-03-04 at 10:37 PM.

without a full tank set i wouldn't try it.... my 2c