10+ Year Old Account

Need help with a guild members dps.

Hi there, I would have posted this in the "fix my dps thread" but as I'm posting for a guildy I don't feel like it belongs there.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...w#type=summary There is our logs for last sundays raid night.
    Also here is her armory.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pidra/advanced

We don't think her dps is bad but we feel like it can be a lot better. My guild leader and I also noticed that a fight with a good amount of movement her dps shoots down substantially but we do not know how to fix this. Any help would be welcomed and very much appreciated thanks a lot.

57% uptime on Iron Juggernaut in flex mode is bad but easy to fix by tracking it/making a WeakAura to warn when it's not up on the target.

On your Iron Juggernaut she could've used Kill Command a good 55 times, she used it 38 times. She could've done at least 5 more Kill Commands unless she got knocked out of range of the boss a lot (which is bad as that's pretty easy to avoid).

To sum up: Not using her main cooldown abilities enough, instead spending too much focus firing Arcane Shots. Cooldown usage (BW) could be more consistent.. Get a legendary cloak ASAP as not having it is a cockblock.

Hunter DPS shouldn't decrease from movement unless it's out of boss range.

Deleted
    Azortharion mentioned the most important stuff.
    Kill Command highest Priority, Arcane only if enough focus and everything else on Cooldown.

On the issue of movement: If she's a clicker and additionally moves with the mouse it would explain quite well, why her DPS is dropping significantly.

I encountered this several times in different situations, but often enough switching to keybindings AND keyboard movement increased the DPS of the player significantly.

And for IJ specifically: Deterrence prevents the knockback, combined with a cancelaura-macro she can stay where she is to increase uptime. But that may be too advanced right now. Getting the shot priority right and focus management should get the most attention

on most fights it just seems he's afk sporadically. Many instances where his pet auto is his only damage for many seconds. It's probably not him going afk but having poor focus management. I feel he is waiting for his focus to regen manually instead of using cobra shot. Basically he should be pressing some kind of button every global cooldown and it doesn't seem like he's doing this.

He's also was not hitcapped for that raid and gemming stamina in legs?

Also his focus fire uptime is very bad
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-03-06 at 09:07 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't normally play BM, but I know that the opener is very important, so there is a chance they are probably screwing that up. I'm looking at Juggernaut because it is the closest thing to a patchwerk fight.

• Serpent Sting uptime is horrible. 57%. There is no reason it should be under 95%.
    • Jug was a 6:41 fight. They used Kill Command (number one priority) 38 times when it could have been used ~66 times.
    • Glaive Toss doesn't have as high of a priority as Kill Command but they used it 16 times when it could have been used ~26 times.
    • Focus Fire uptime is pretty low. When it procs (5 stacks) you want to use it UNLESS you are using/about to use Bestial Wrath. Use Focus Fire after Bestial Wrath expires.
    • No potion or flask, but it's Flex so somewhat understandable.

From logs that is about all I can tell. She needs to work on her opener I'm sure. She has Ticking Ebon Detonator which is a big key in BM burst.

5Sec timer > 1 sec before pull use potion and pre-cast Glaive Toss (it has a travel time so it's fine to precast it) > Serpent Sting > Bestial Wrath > Kill Command > Stampede + Rapid Fire + Racial (if you have a Racial) > Arcane Shot spam > Kill Command before Bestial Wrath wears out.

You want to open with Glaive Toss because it hits the target twice so you have a really high chance to have everything proc just from Glaive Toss.

Technically every time you have Bestial Wrath off cooldown, you want to use it when you are near full focus so you don't have to Cobra Shot during its duration. So every time you use Bestial Wrath you want to use Kill Command and then Arcane Shot spam and then use Kill Command right as Bestial Wrath is about to end.

This isn't 100% accurate because I play SV and not BM, but it should at least help.

EDIT:

I saw the post above saying she could have used Kill Command 55 times. I'm not sure where that math is coming from to be completely honest.

6mins and 41 second fight.
    6 * 60 = 360
    360 + 41 = 401
    401 / 6 = 66.8333

The 6 comes from the 6 second cooldown on Kill Command. If I'm wrong then shoot me, but nonetheless, Kill Command uptime was low.
    Last edited by Xionyus; 2014-03-07 at 01:53 AM. Reason: MATHS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xionyus View Post
    This isn't 100% accurate because I play SV and not BM, but it should at least help.

EDIT:

I saw the post above saying she could have used Kill Command 55 times. I'm not sure where that math is coming from to be completely honest.

6mins and 41 second fight.
    6 * 60 = 360
    360 + 41 = 401
    401 / 6 = 66.8333

The 6 comes from the 6 second cooldown on Kill Command. If I'm wrong then shoot me, but nonetheless, Kill Command uptime was low.
    It's quite accurate

To your calculation: you are right, it has a 6 second cooldown, but 66 uses of KC are the mathematical maximum. If she hits at about 60, it will increase her dps quite a lot.

Hitting 66 is quite difficult, due to lag, Cobra Shot Delay (Cobra Shot-Cast in most cases is longer than the GCD, so you'll have some downtime) or something else.
    But getting KC usage to 90-95% of the calculated maximum is quite good.

Yeah, I was approximating because I don't expect the player to suddenly do it perfectly every time, I know how to do simple math ty.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Yeah, I was approximating because I don't expect the player to suddenly do it perfectly every time, I know how to do simple math ty.
    I wasn't trying to be rude. I was trying to help just as much as you were.

Deleted
    Why exactly is he reforging off of mastery and into crit as BM? Mastery is insane as a BM hunter and gives amazing burst and aoe.

Last edited by mmocaf4ebebc87; 2014-03-08 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Why exactly is he reforging off of mastery and into crit as BM? Mastery is insane as a BM hunter and gives amazing burst and aoe.

what on earth is this...?

Deleted

Stop pulling random numbers out of your ass.
    What exactly is that graph showing ? 1 agi = 15 what ? Sure as hell isent DPS.

This is truly a scientific work of art thank you so much for contributing.

Damn, mastery gives more cookies an hour than haste? I never knew. I should get more mastery for more cookies, as I assume that is what the graph represents. Cookies per hour.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Hi there, I would have posted this in the "fix my dps thread" but as I'm posting for a guildy I don't feel like it belongs there.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...w#type=summary There is our logs for last sundays raid night.
    Also here is her armory.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pidra/advanced

We don't think her dps is bad but we feel like it can be a lot better. My guild leader and I also noticed that a fight with a good amount of movement her dps shoots down substantially but we do not know how to fix this. Any help would be welcomed and very much appreciated thanks a lot.
    Here is my advice, and it involves zero math or theorycrafting:

1. Are you killing bosses?
    2. Do you like this person?

Unless the answer is no to both, stop worrying about it and have fun.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Deleted
    BRB going to gem pure mastery.