10+ Year Old Account

How can Monks Heal ?!

From the WC3 perspective : Monks can't heal. So i need to ask you : How can monks heal their allies ?! And if they didnt use healing spells in WC3 i would like Blizzard to implement Demon Hunter class with an healing spec based on Dark/Fire/Fel healing abilities.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

This isn't WC3?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    From the WC3 perspective : Monks can't heal. So i need to ask you : How can monks heal their allies ?! And if they didnt use healing spells in WC3 i would like Blizzard to implement Demon Hunter class with an healing spec based on Dark/Fire/Fel healing abilities.
    There were only Brewmasters, ergo specialized monks, in Warcraft 3. Oh and Warcraft 3 was 11 years ago, stuff changes. And wut, a Demon hunter that heals through fire and fel? Uhm..... Nope.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

When you're speaking of Monks in WC3 I'm going to assume you're talking about Brewmasters.
    Brewmasters are just one aspect the Monk class we have in WoW, Mistweavers are the healers, while Brewmasters are tanks.
    Brewmasters and Mistweavers aren't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There were only Brewmasters, ergo specialized monks, in Warcraft 3. Oh and Warcraft 3 was 11 years ago, stuff changes. And wut, a Demon hunter that heals through fire and fel? Uhm..... Nope.
    Why nope.. It is not against lore and concept. DH uses Dark Magic .. Dark Magic can be used to heal. Still i dont know how the heck can the monks heal !!
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

Deleted
    Have you been drinking? You shouldn't drink and internet, young man.

Long story short, as Venziir said, the Monks in WC3 were specialized Brewmasters.

monks are a physical-spiritual class, and spiritual power tends to be regenerative.

dark power tends to be destructive though, so it's unlikely we'll ever see a dark healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    monks are a physical-spiritual class, and spiritual power tends to be regenerative.

dark power tends to be destructive though, so it's unlikely we'll ever see a dark healer.
    They do not tend to be destructive : They are 65% Destructive and 35% healing !! Example : Dark Regeneration--> Warlocks' ability !!
    Demon Hunter Class Idea

Deleted
    They do not tend to be destructive : They are 65% Destructive and 35% healing !! Example : Dark Regeneration--> Warlocks' ability !!
    You know, he has a point. I mean, he's obviously trying too hard to get a rise, but he still has a point.

I think you're forgetting that this is WoW, a fantasy video game. Where logic is non existent. Where you can swim in lava and shoot ice from your fingers. Does it really matter that much, sir?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of both logic and time. In WC3, there were no monks. There were Pandaren brewmasters. The concept of the monk came later and includes mistweavers and windwalkers as well as brewmasters.

I like your other thread, too. The one where you have a fundamental misunderstanding of lore regarding the Scourge. That was funny.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    I think you're forgetting that this is WoW, a fantasy video game. Where logic is non existent. Where you can swim in lava and shoot ice from your fingers. Does it really matter that much, sir?
    Don't forget a bipedal, talking cow swimming in a full chain mail suit, heavy shield on your back, while shooting lightning from your palms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not really. 35% is not only an arbitrary percentage that he made up to make himself look right (I would guesstimate more around 5%.), but Dark Regeneration is a cooldown which only heals the Warlock, and has no flavor text to explain what exactly they're doing. Back in the day, Warlocks had an ability Soul Harvest, which quite literally was the Warlock absorbing souls from thin air to generate soul shards and regain health. That is Dark Magic, but it is not healing magic. It's empowerment of the Warlock that is translated into a heal via gameplay.

Without knowing exactly what Dark Regeneration is, saying it's healing magic is reaching quite a bit.
    The numbers part of it was me saying he was trying to get a rise. But what I'm saying is, there's obviously some regenerative features of shadow/fel magic that Warlocks tap into. They have quite a LOT of healing spells after all.

I aint saying there's enough to build a whole healing subset of magic around it, but there's some. So, he has a point, albeit a very small point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But notice that it all involves healing the WARLOCK, or his DEMONS. Drain Life, siphons someone else's life force to empower your own. Healthstone, created from the soul of a dead enemy, empowers the user when eaten. Soul Harvest, absorbs the souls in the air to empower the warlock. Health Funnel, sacrifices the Warlocks own health to heal his demons.

Dark Magic has a very specific subset of healing. Healing, that isn't really healing at all. It's EMPOWERMENT. The only healing they have involves sacrificing themselves to heal their demons. Dark Regeneration is the outlier here, but that also could be viewed as empowerment.
    Yeah, you make a good point. None of these spells are really used as healing towards others and I cannot think of any sort of example where it does happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks can heal via the expansive Monk archetype, which includes healing via Chi or Chakra. You see this in numerous RPG games and media.

The idea of a Demon Hunter or a Warlock healing anything other than themselves or their minions is absurd. That simply doesn't fit their archetype, and the idea of a Demon Hunter healing a group is pretty silly.

The OP in his frenzy seems to have forgotten the other issue:
    If Breath of Fire and Drunken Haze had been given to Warriors and Storm, Wind and Fire had been given to Rogues, and then Mists of Pandaria was never released, there'd be a parallel between Demon Hunters and Monks. For now he's arguing for some amalgamation of fan-ideas taken from other threads and draped in the name "Demon Hunter."

Could we have a healy Warlock? Yes, it'd be a Warlock spec. Could we have a Demon Hunter class? Yes, but they likely wouldn't call it Demon Hunter or base it off Illidan. We'd likely end up with a redesign closer to the Diablo 3 class as we only have one bow class in game and hunting Demons doesn't require you become one or in any way absorb fel energy.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

But this isn't Warcraft 3.

Monks heal using chi-infused mist. Fel magic is a different can of worms. It's inherently corruptive and sacrificial, basically magical radiation. Warlocks use the stuff to heal themselves because they are able to take precautions and are willing to take the risks associated with it. Would anybody else consent to being pumped full of fel magic for any reason? Probably not. Not that it couldn't be done, but it'd be ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pssst. The best part about lore is that it is not stuck in stone. That said, there were only brewmasters in wc3. Also, the champions in warcraft 3 were not the basis for classes in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    In WC2 there were no monks! How can there be monks in WC3!?!?!

Games evolve.