View Poll Results: Which Hunter race would you choose?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • Blood Elf

6 8.33%
  • Draenei

9 12.50%
  • Dwarf

9 12.50%
  • Goblin

0 0%
  • Human

6 8.33%
  • Night Elf

8 11.11%
  • Orc

12 16.67%
  • Pandaren

4 5.56%
  • Tauren

6 8.33%
  • Troll

6 8.33%
  • Worgen

5 6.94%
  • Undead

1 1.39%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question A new great Faction Change?

As we all now know; there has been a major change to the racial traits for both factions. Some have gained, some have lost. Even though there might still be a few more changes to balance the racial abilities I would not be surprised if many top guilds made the change to go from the Horde to the new and improved Alliance, as they have gained so much from their new racial abilities. For example, 5% increased Energy and rage pool is a huge deal.

The point being: Which race would be the best for us Hunters? Will we see a Majority of Human, Dwarf or Dranei Hunters or will Orcs and Trolls still dominate the top?

10+ Year Old Account
    If there were a mass migration which I think would just be very silly and also leave me surprised, that these people are willing to pay to have stats that won't make a huge overall difference to their dps or whatever, it's just to give each race an interesting trait and that your choice of "wanting" to play X race, isn't affected because Y's trait is that more "EPICCCC".

I think dwarves seem to have a pretty cool trait though, 2% increased crit damage/healing sounds quite nice, though with humans im a little skeptical to hear what the changes to Every Man for Himself will involve. I'll be sad if we lose our trinket :'(

the +stats is static value not %. I love the dmg reduction of dwarves along with the dispel but I feel the crit dmg is a bit too weak. currently not sure what I'll play.

Deleted
    I picked Trolls, because I really like Trolls.

I don't think the racials will matter so much to the point where I would debilitate myself by choosing to play Troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I picked Trolls, because I really like Trolls.

I don't think the racials will matter so much to the point where I would debilitate myself by choosing to play Troll.
    This i think is what they are aiming to achieve, the only thing that will ever affect me from playing one race is if another looks more cool, this is why im eager to see what all the new models look like so that i can plan what my instant level 90 shall be

I think its sad that people avoid playing a certain race because another races' trait has an edge over their preferred choice. Play what you want to, not because a few statistics show another race has an advantage :/

its kinda cute you think these are finished 100% going to live racials. let them finish the Expansion first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    its kinda cute you think these are finished 100% going to live racials. let them finish the Expansion first.
    Did you not read the first person's post at all?

"Even though there might still be a few more changes to balance the racial abilities"

I'd be surprised if the top guilds switched to Alliance. No matter how you cut it, CD-based racials which you can stack during a burn phase will always be better than passive % of something else. Sure, there may not be haste breakpoints any more, but Berserking during a critical burn phase will still give your DoTs more ticks, and thus more damage, when you need it.

The crit damage boost racial is interesting but without seeing WoD numbers in action I don't know what to make of it. It starts to look nice when your crit rate becomes, like, 1 in 3.

We just don't have enough information really. Like, the Draenei racial of "Have more AGI" sounds great because raw AGI has always been so strong for us. Who knows how good or...not good secondary stats will be for us in WoD with all the rebalancing.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I like that they're adding something to the races that needs it. It seems quite balanced, so i'll probably continue to play a pandaren in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to race change purely for min/maxing, I'd probably go with Draenei. The pure Agility will most likely be the best, in most scenarios. Also with Aspect of the Hawk AP buff being the go-to buff area for Hunters, those buffs will essentially buff the racial also.

The real oddity in my eyes is the "Night Elves run 2% faster" because alone that's pretty negligible and we're already the most mobile class in the game. On the flip side, depending on how accessible +movement speed on gear ends up being that could be a lot of fun. I would love to have, like, +30% movement speed at all times. That will almost assuredly never happen but man that would be hilariously fun.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

You know what would be awesome? If you could roll any race you wanted for either faction. Then what would be the most common hunter race?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    If I were to race change purely for min/maxing, I'd probably go with Draenei. The pure Agility will most likely be the best, in most scenarios. Also with Aspect of the Hawk AP buff being the go-to buff area for Hunters, those buffs will essentially buff the racial also.
    Don't count on Aspects being around.

If they are they'll probably be passive or baked in.

Or dropped completely and something else buffed to make up for it.

I like how people are freaking out over 2% movement speed.. 2% movement speed is literally nothing, seriously, stop thinking of it as a racial benefit of any sort.

If all other classes run 100 meters, NE's will run 102 meters in same time. And since nearly all movement is max 10 yards(Blizz likes to use yards instead of meters, but for ref. it is ~9.1 meters) that we have to do in raids, the difference in 10 yard is so little that you can count it on reaction time and it won't determine if you die or survive from being too slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. All the bad PvPers followed the good ones to alliance now horde wins most the BGs. I hope it stays that way. I will continue to play female orc like I always have.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    If the racials stay where their at, in (wip) mode, I'm leaning toward either draeni or tauren..... seriously hope blizz does something with orcs.....give them the free trinket blizz!

BTW @airwaves- Do u play the shock goddess spec for the mechnomancer in BL2?

Quote Originally Posted by urgebear View Post
    For example, 5% increased Energy and rage pool is a huge deal.
    Because having 5 extra energy to spend on an 8 minute fight is a MASSIVE increase right? As for the actual question there is no point speculating it because no one knows how stats will be balanced/weighted in the new expansion.

Deleted
    i pick tauren because i like tauren