Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Have you ever intentionally caused a group member to die as a healer ?

This druid was being extremely obnoxious during Vale LFR, with namecalling and complaining when our tank rightfully complained about the DPS (we wiped on Sha, even, around 20%, because people were not DPSing hard enough). So during Sha trash, I dispelled him with 5 stacks on him. Never were the words "[druid name] has died" so pleasing.

You might say that I was a shitty healer for intentionally killing another group member, but after he insulted me in Turkish (something about a smelly dude), I felt like I had to do it. and it was only trash, so it doesn't really matter in the end. We wiped once on Sha because of DPS, and during the second attempt (and the first as well), I lifegripped some players so Gift gives the DPS buff, enabling the kill, so I feel like i contributed to the kill.

remember kids, don't insult your healer!

Have you killed other players intentionally as a healer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never in a group of players I knew.

I don't recall every doing it in a PuG, although I will admit that I am not above that if someone was acting really horrible.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot cause death as a healer. You only can not prevent it. And yes I did it but mostly in pugs. But sometimes it comes to that in a raid - where you have to choose who to save because you have time/mana for just one.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I have, and they deserved it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Many times, especially with LFD/R "dungeon hero" tanks who think they can pick up the entire raid/dungeon and bitch and moan about everything the group is doing 'wrong' according to them.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Yeah, I'll sometimes let someone die if I've asked them, for example, to stop pulling instead of the tank, or if they seem to simply refuse to not stand in the bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You cannot cause death as a healer. You only can not prevent it. And yes I did it but mostly in pugs. But sometimes it comes to that in a raid - where you have to choose who to save because you have time/mana for just one.
    I lifegripped (symbiosis ftw) a dude into bad shit, he died. That said, this was LFR on Durumu and the guy was afk, still, murdered him though

Deleted
    Yes. During both solo play (or whatever you'd call LFD's and such) and coordinated group play. The latter one was always just for a laugh as far as I remember.

You might not have been "right" to do as you did, but I won't condemn you for that either. If he really did deserve it... whatever. He won't learn, but at least you got a tad of fun out of it without causing much trouble to your entire raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I lifegripped (symbiosis ftw) a dude into bad shit, he died. That said, this was LFR on Durumu and the guy was afk, still, murdered him though
    That has nothing to do with your healing role, and the guy was afk, and died not because of you.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Confession bear time.

I was in LFR with ~10 guildies. We were solo tanking and a few "healers" that queued in with us were actually DPS because 1 good healer (which we had covered) can easily solo LFR. Some shaman was being a dick and complaining about everything and telling people to kick us. Mind you, we didn't wipe and bosses were dying really fast. I don't think anyone even died. He just had a stick up his ass for no reason.

So, we killed him 5+ times by MDing mobs to him and Life Gripping him right in front of it. He was still complaining throughout all of it, but the group was on our side. We were trying to get him to leave, but eventually he just stayed dead and quiet for the rest of the run.

Good times.

Sha of Pride trash would beg to differ.

(*See that guy with like 7 stacks of the debuff.* *Dispell* *Watch him implode as all 7 stacks detonate at once killing him and everyone around him*)

Deleted
    only guildies

He gave an example of how a heale a cause death in his opening post. Good try!
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

It was a common occurrence when I raided as a Holy Priest during Vanilla and TBC. The guild I raided with had a healer chat channel and if a DPS or Tank was pissing us off we would let them die a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Sha of Pride trash would beg to differ.

(*See that guy with like 7 stacks of the debuff.* *Dispell* *Watch him implode as all 7 stacks detonate at once killing him and everyone around him*)
    One dispel - 7 debuffs in one go? Please. They are not stacking - they are individual debuffs. You didn't need to do anything - they would've exploded anyway.
    What happened most certainly is this: You dispelled one debuff and then another debuff ran out and boom two explosions at the same time and then the third - and dead. But as I said you could've just stop healing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    He gave an example of how a heale a cause death in his opening post. Good try!
    No, he took credit for the kill he didn't do.

Deleted
    Yes I have. Sometimes people need to understand why they die and a live demonstration is the best way.

I have not once let someone die out of sheer spite though, or because someone was being a jerk. I can handle jerks. But when people don't realize not to stand in the fire, or things like that, I have to make an example.

One dispel - 7 debuffs in one go? Please. They are not stacking - they are individual debuffs. You didn't need to do anything - they would've exploded anyway.
    What happened most certainly is this: You dispelled one debuff and then another debuff ran out and boom two explosions at the same time and then the third - and dead. But as I said you could've just stop healing them.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he took credit for the kill he didn't do.
    Someone seems to have a bug up his butt.

The debuffs from Sha of Pride trash typically explode at various times. The interval of a second or two between detonations allows healers to heal the target through the damage. Dispelling the debuffs does in fact remove ALL of the debuffs even though they do not stack- I know, I regularly request dispels from my healers when I have 5 or more debuffs so I can pop Deterrence and get cleared, and they all go off at once if you do this- which results in more damage at one time than can be survived.

His actions directly led to a death. I'd say that the credit is his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we not argue about the semantics of what it means to cause someone's death as a healer?

Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Can't tell if trolling.

Dispels have removed all debuffed since a CD was put on it. Dispelling 7 at once is an instagib. You can also Mass Dispel the raid and kill everyone at once. Or use an immunity to clear your debuffs and kill everyone near you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have done it a couple of time but only with friends and with a priest is even easier

Get damaged a lot (stand in the fire or something) then select your victim use Void Shift, he/she will be almost dead, you could wait until he/she take damage and die or just use Leap of Faith into the fire and watch them BURN!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA