Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I got regular purified bindings on our first kill of immerseus and heroic on our first heroic kill
    Luck's just luck
    Same here. I also got the Garrosh trinket on our 3rd kill. So been very lucky with trinkets.
    Feet have been a totally different story. Ran with flexi ones for months, until about 3 weeks ago, when both the Protectors and Galakras feet dropped. I was the only cloth wearer in the raid at the time, so landed up with both.
    That's RNG for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the same luck with a necklace this round. I've pretty much given up on MoP and am left with a LFR neck (lol) and norm/heroic gear otherwise. Oh well. RNG!

Deleted
    One of my friends is rocking a warlock with a realm-first heroic guild. He got his first loot since november today.
    Blizzard's RNG is wank.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVanir View Post
    One of my friends is rocking a warlock with a realm-first heroic guild. He got his first loot since november today.
    Blizzard's RNG is wank.
    Which is why they are busy working on it. I hope they do fix it and things become less RNG. Though you still need some RNG, at the moment it's over the top.

I had the LFR PBoI version, then 2 weeks later I coined the flex version, then another two weeks later I coined the normal version.
    Sorry mac.

then again.. KTT never drops above flex for me

my quote fail, redundant post ended up redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I got heroic Purified Bindings of Immerseus the first time I showed up in a raid and my second trinket is normal thunderforged Breath of the Hydra
    At least you got that.

I went through the entirety of Heroic ToT unable to replace my normal BotH, was so annoying.

I've had better luck this tier but I haven't won an item since early November. I got up to #1 geared mage in the world and have been steadily dropping since, can't seem to break 580 I just need a few more HWF'd items.

Odd, typically casters get geared the quickest.

Oo take that back. Melee usually get geared the quickest since you only run with as little as possible! Our ret was like BiS after like 3 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Odd, typically casters get geared the quickest.

Oo take that back. Melee usually get geared the quickest since you only run with as little as possible! Our ret was like BiS after like 3 weeks.
    and my warrior alt is still running around with weapons 10-20 ilvls lower than his avg ilvl >_>

RNG is RNG i guess :O

I'm sure this was mentioned already (or you are already trying) but Ordos has some nice neck pieces.
    Last edited by slime; 2014-03-12 at 03:41 PM.

Unfortunately, this is the nature of random loot

Hopefully next week is better

I raided every week since October (2012) to May (2013) and I didn't even see a single bow/gun/crossbow drop from raid, that's when I stopped playing my hunter forever

10+ Year Old Account
    ~4.5 full clears, have my cloak, still using a ToT LFR MH.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I pray that the WoD roll changes Blizzard is making, include something along the lines;

If you coin the same boss every week with no drop, after 10 weeks of doing so you will be presented with a loot window and have the opportunity to select one item from that bosses loot table.

I am all for RNG but it needs to have a limit, aka a reasonable time sink. I personally believe 10 weeks, but Blizzard can set the number at what they have their time sink number at.

Edit - intended too add; I killed and coined Normal Immerseus for 5 months before finally coining the trinket. Our guild has only ever seen one drop.
    Last edited by gallamann; 2014-03-12 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I pray that the WoD roll changes Blizzard is making, include something along the lines;

If you coin the same boss every week with no drop, after 10 weeks of doing so you will be presented with a loot window and have the opportunity to select one item from that bosses loot table.

I am all for RNG but it needs to have a limit, aka a reasonable time sink. I personally believe 10 weeks, but Blizzard can set the number at what they have their time sink number at.
    I doubt they will ever let that happen. They'll probably just keep the coin system in place as it seems to work "ok."

I only wish that after coining an item, that item be taken off your loot table for 2-3 lockouts (for coins). My monk now has 6 of the same OH from Protectors from coins lockout after lockout. Another change would be that if you win an item in Flex/LFR, the same item can not be coined, should you choose to coin the boss in addition. I received a ring on my monk from Immerseus in flex and coined the same item immediately after.

Yeah loot is completely random in ToT I got nothing and had a 517 loshan on our H lei shen kill and then after all that time I coined a HTF offhand killed ra den the same week and coined HTF nadagast's exsanguinator which was a weapon that could drop from any boss lol like said above when it rains it pours

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    I only wish that after coining an item, that item be taken off your loot table for 2-3 lockouts (for coins). My monk now has 6 of the same OH from Protectors from coins lockout after lockout. Another change would be that if you win an item in Flex/LFR, the same item can not be coined, should you choose to coin the boss in addition. I received a ring on my monk from Immerseus in flex and coined the same item immediately after.
    There's rumbling that they're mitigating "Duplicate drops" from coins, and other tweaks, due to removing VP.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    There's rumbling that they're mitigating "Duplicate drops" from coins, and other tweaks, due to removing VP.
    This would be pretty awesome if it's true. No more coining the immerseus cloak 4 times in a row!

Deleted
    FYI: Ordos also drops a caster neck with hit/mastery, iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    This would be pretty awesome if it's true. No more coining the immerseus cloak 4 times in a row!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Bonus-XP-in-D3

• Valor Points were previously used to offset bad luck in getting raid drops, but the bonus roll system now fills that role.
    • The bonus roll system might get a little bit smarter, with less of a chance to get duplicate loot

We dragged a mage through SoO 10 normal the other day - his first raid (and only cloth user beside our priest that needed nothing anymore).. He ended nearly fully equipped with 4 warforged items...
    His 2nd run - 2 more WF items, some even more drops.. After 2 raids fully equipped with 4pc bonus, WF weapon and WF trinket on top of it....

On the other hand our best warrior, one of best raiders I've ever met - still didn't get his Thok trinket, even though he's on this fight each week.. >.>'
    We have alts that won it on their bonus rolls...

SO yea.. RNG is RNG.. >.<'

Some have incredible luck, some don't..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!