Deleted

Any ideas for a "project" (achievement oriented?) to keep entertained before WoD

I've not bothered with achievements much but in the slow period between expansions, I am looking around for a "project" to keep me entertained. Achievements might provide a nice hook or external motivation/reward for that. Has anyone got any suggestions or experiences they would like to share?

For example, I recently tried pet battles and found them very engaging - I used them to level an alt and then win the Celestial Tournament. One option would be to do more of that. (I still have 3 character slots below L30 on my server). I always find leveling fun.

Otherwise, the obvious "big" achievements to me are loremaster and battlemaster, which sound too unchallenging and too challenging respectively (in terms of skill, not time), but could be quite satisfying to get.

I'm more of a pve player than pvp, so may be some heroics/old raid meta achievements?

Any suggestions or recommendations?

I know some people have focused on getting very high achievement scores, so I'd be interested to hear what they found most (or least!) fun.

Thanks for any advice!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is really achievment related but how about getting cloud serpent riding on all toons? Takes about 1-2 days per toon if you have purchased the rep booster thing on one toon already, and if you get lucky you can find a good amount of eggs if nobody else is around.

Could also try hunting rare items on the timeless isle. for the "gonna need a bigger bag" achievement.

Hunt rares all around pandaria for toys and stuff

Try out brawlers guild

I've yet to complete loremaster so I think you just gave ME a project thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeefman View Post
    Try out brawlers guild
    I forgot about that - yes, that's a good one. The thing that attracts me to it and battlemaster is that it would be really challenging for me. A lot of achievements seem time consuming but could make one yawn, if they don't have some challenge.

I need to transmog my alts. That might be another project - not challenging, but rather interesting with all the choice out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about to start doing CM's on at least 2 or 3 of my alts. Def need it for my Paladin and warrior, might do it on my Shaman and/or Warlock too. That'll take a nice chunk of time depending on your group of friends willing to run with your or how fast you find good groups.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Can look into doing the MoP meta achievements if you haven't completed them.

I always have fun with the "Glory of..." dungeon achievements. You could probably solo all the wotlk ones, do the cata ones with a buddy or two or even do the Pandaria ones with a group. They're not too challenging, but there are a lot of them and they have some good variety and at the end of the day you get a mount.

And if you're into Pet battles and doing old raids do the Raiding with Leashes achievement. Could be fun.

Deleted
    I currently work on the reputation achievements.

Did the MoP ones first (well, they went along doing daily stuff – including shaohao) while doing the Cataclysms in heroic MoP dungeons – except for well… the hyjal avengers ofc.

The WotLK ones were mainly easy because you can buy rep for justice and grind the rep of the 4 faction specific by running dungeons. While doing those I managed to get my Dungeon Achievements.

Currently working on the BC ones. Each rep takes about a week to maximize if you don’t want to spend all day grinding trash. However I didn’t want to do all at the same time, cause it keeps me busy doing only 1-2 per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link your armoury and I'll make some suggestions.

Also, there is a sticky for such things:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...evement-Thread!

Challenge mode 9 golds, Brawlers guild rank 10, Gold Endless 30.

There is three pretty big ones to get if you haven't already right off the bat.

Other than that for PvE, hmm...

Shado-Master Meta
    Stormbreaker Meta (Storms end? Can't remember which is the right name)
    Glory of XXX - See if you can get them all
    60 Exalted reps
    200 Mounts

I'd list more but thats enough for months right there, especially the mounts and rep.

Loremaster takes a few days but is very easy now, depending on howmuch you already have done.

Some of the pet achievements, which I'm doing now, are a huge timesink, they could be a good challenge.

Deleted
    Archaeology, try to get all the 20 collector ones + Seeker of Knowledge, etc. Should be enough of a grind ^^