Disabled Gamer? Deadmines Mobility Guide

The Deadmines is a midsize instance. It took my group about 15 minutes to complete it. There are a few things to watch for during the instance itself. Burnt places on the ground (one at beginning & many on the dock) indicate an area where canons are being fired. Avoid standing on these and time running across between cannon shots. Another general note is about trash. Some trash will cause the drunk effect onscreen. It only lasts a few seconds.

Deadmines has a few higher mobility demanding bosses but most mechanics can be handled if you move early and often. It isn’t overly long and has no jumps although the ship does have multiple ramps winding back and forth to top deck. If you’re hand or arms are easily fatigued by stairs ingame, be prepared. They are contained to one specific area.

Specific Boss notes available at http://abilitypowered.com/blog/?p=153 for anyone with hearing impairments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I couldn't watch that video for more then 12 seconds

Also, this is the reason why we have LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this - always truly appreciated.

Deleted
    played once with a deaf guy, was always fun and interesting, had to think abit diffrent tho, but worked out nicely, a good player aswell.

just keep it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Any constructive feedback, instead of your 12 year old antics?

Then it wasn't for you move along thx.

Why even post?

Seriously, LFR is there because disabled people can't do any better?

...seriously....?

You should grow up a little bit.

If you don't have something constructive to say why come here spewing typical childish nonsense?

On topic, I like what the OP is doing and it's for a great cause. Keep up the awesome work! I used to raid back in LK with a deaf healer who couldn't hear vent/any of the DBM alerts, but was a great healer nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not childish, it's treating people the same. You guys are giving him special treatment where none is necessary. I may be harsh at times but I'm not going to act any different because someone has a disability. Also, most of the time they don't want to be treat different. Have you thought about that? Besides that, no one needs a guide for DM come on.

If some random 12 year old would post this you guys would treat him like shit so at least be consistent guys. Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dumape View Post
    Some trash will cause the drunk effect onscreen. It only lasts a few seconds.
    That effect can be turned off permanently. This thread describes how to do it, however it may not be up to date.

Wow, you can pick on a disabled person, you must be so cool.

It's not childish, it's treating people the same. You guys are giving him special treatment where none is necessary. I may be harsh at times but I'm not going to act any different because someone has a disability. Also, most of the time they don't want to be treat different. Have you thought about that? Besides that, no one needs a guide for DM come on.

If some random 12 year old would post this you guys would treat him like shit so at least be consistent guys. Thanks.
    Treating "them" the same, isn't laughing at their speech.

How'd you know no one needs a guide? It's specifically aimed at disabled gamers, who may be playing with other disabled players, what if a disabled tank can't understand written tactics well, like in the journal? But learns great from a visual video and so on.

You've just got to remember there is 7 million people on this game, there is every kind of person you can imagine.

....You're just a really shallow person. The amount of wrong in your post is astounding.

Props to the disabled community supporting each other.

Empathic side: Nice video, keep up the good work.

Actual feedback: You should not really be commentating and stuff. Your disability greatly decreases your ability to commentate. The idea is nice, but if I did not know about your disability I would just write that video off as a really bad playthrough of DM with horrible commentary.

I have to admit, something like this would never have even crossed my mind. Big respect from me for putting this out there, keep it up.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/gu...ildmate-steer/

edit: Also, thank you for putting this together - I was browsing the channel and I really love that it has "Can I play...?" videos. Amazing!
    Last edited by Baladash; 2014-03-05 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you work hard at being scum or does it just come naturally? I'm actually sickened that your post was the first comment.

To the OP; good job, it's always awesome to have the community reach out to other like this. My only issue with you is that your are Alliance filth! (I kid, I kid)

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/01/12/gu...ildmate-steer/

edit: Also, thank you for putting this together - I was browsing the channel and I really love that it has "Can I play...?" videos. Amazing!
    Wow that article is absolutely amazing! Thanks for posting that Baladash!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm trying to get all dungeons covered and start raid bosses next expansion since most people are already finished with this one. I know doing low level dungeons seems silly to some. I've played since BC and even I skip certain dungeons because of mechanics. Knowing how ugly the community can be in LFD or LFR, imagine having a troll in group & trying to explain why it's taking you 5x longer to make BFD jumps. It's no fun. If you know what's coming before it happens, it makes things manageable. I know there's tons of dungeon run videos but none really flag things that I struggle with by playing mouse only, like jumps, stairs, how big the dungeon is so I wouldn't have a fatigue issue, or retargeting heavy fights... like Ripsnarl. Hopefully it'll get more people with movement issues confident enough to try out LFD & enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Empathic side: Nice video, keep up the good work.

Actual feedback: You should not really be commentating and stuff. Your disability greatly decreases your ability to commentate. The idea is nice, but if I did not know about your disability I would just write that video off as a really bad playthrough of DM with horrible commentary.
    Oh you don't have to tell me I have problems commentating. Weak muscles make my voice higher pitched, lower lung capacity make me short breathed quickly, and I get tongue tangled sometimes. (Fun Fact: Spinal Muscular Atrophy makes the bottom of my tongue involuntarily move like I've been exposed to Aliens lol) The thing is if I avoided things my "disability greatly decreases your ability" to do, I'd never get up every morning much less game. I label every post/video very clearly on who my intended audience is. If people can't read "Disabled Gamer?", "Guides for Disabled Gamers", "Sometimes when you have mobility concerns leveling a toon in dungeons can be intimidating.", or don't pay attention to the gnome in the wheelchair chair OR blue wheelchair wheel icon... well there's not much else I can do for them. I'll just have to take my chances on it being wrote off. I love Warcraft and I know what I went through when I was new. If people want to troll my voice, it's ok. I'd rather make the video, give a new or nervous player tips to help them have a better experience, and be the one getting trolled than sit back, do nothing & let someone run something they'll struggle with & them be trolled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo, I wanna say this is really awesome. Keep up the good work! Representation for everyone. ^^ I know someone who could benefit from this, so I'm gonna send your channel link to her.

By the way, I had no trouble understanding you at all. Your voice is fine.