Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only think I really really want is a non-lethal ksp. If I have to delay a CD, I would rather it be for a high damage phase or a trinket ICD, not because using it will potentially kill me.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Combo points on the rogue.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2014-03-10 at 05:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    1. Combo points on the rogue.
    After have playing the Monk, I really cant get into Rogue again - keep in mind it was my main since vanilla.

However, I do miss stealth. Alot :/

From an assassination player PoV:

Combo points on the rogue or redirect without CD as it has been mentioned.

Getting rid of Vendetta and implement a more interesting CD. Since they want to remove CDs --> less passive damage and increase the damage of our abilities.

Better energy regeneration, we need a real way to improve that with a CD or something else. Why do the monk have energizing brew and we don't have anything anymore? (I want my thistle tea back!)

(Honestly I really feel like Blizzard created the monk based on the suggestions made by the rogue community)
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Deleted
    Energy that was more stabile and not tied to haste would be great! actually, give the monk energy system to rogues where our primary point builder uses energy, and the rest only uses the combatpoints we had build...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been interested in rolling a pve rogue for WoD. But from this thread sounds really depressing to be a pve rogue :/

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I've been interested in rolling a pve rogue for WoD. But from this thread sounds really depressing to be a pve rogue :/
    Not depressing as such, just stale. Imagine if they revamped all player models but, say, humans. Humans would probably feel crumby when looking at how nice every other race looks, even though you'd still function perfectly well.

Rogues work, and they work well, from a "energy based damage dealer" stand point, but I think a lot of rogues feel they fall short in the fun department; they don't feel very much like a stealthy assassin.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    0. remove SnD from from Mutilate and Sub

there, everything fixed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post

(Honestly I really feel like Blizzard created the monk based on the suggestions made by the rogue community)
    They absolutely did. Honestly, the whole reason I can't get into my windwalker (my attempted main for this xpac after maining a Rogue for 8 years) is because I keep looking for my Stealth button when I'm playing it. Rather than feeling like a new, amazing class, it feels the way I had imagined at least one of the rogue specs feeling. The fluency, the control, the proper mix between active and proc based rotation/priority.

We're sort of in a pinch now where there's really not a whole hell of a lot of quality of life changes they can give us without making the rest of the community think we're "copying monks" of all things.

I love my rogue but I'd really like at least one of our specs to break away from the "1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,3" play style.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I want something they probably can't give - a final nail in the coffin to make me stop bouncing between my Monk and Rogue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    They absolutely did. Honestly, the whole reason I can't get into my windwalker (my attempted main for this xpac after maining a Rogue for 8 years) is because I keep looking for my Stealth button when I'm playing it. Rather than feeling like a new, amazing class, it feels the way I had imagined at least one of the rogue specs feeling. The fluency, the control, the proper mix between active and proc based rotation/priority.

We're sort of in a pinch now where there's really not a whole hell of a lot of quality of life changes they can give us without making the rest of the community think we're "copying monks" of all things.

I love my rogue but I'd really like at least one of our specs to break away from the "1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,3" play style.
    I for one don't give a shit what the community thinks about the changes. Improve the gameplay for the people playing the class, not for community opinion.

Just about every thing that made a rogue a rogue is now doable by some other class and probly better. As far as redirect goes i think the concept was awesome but the actual game play of it sucks bad. How many times do i have a full 5 plus combo points on say He only to have him and my combo points poof , there are no combo points to redirect. Imagine how bad locks would complain if every time they swapped targets they had to rebuild shards. And yes monks stole all the rogue mechanics we have bin saying we want for a long time. Lets give rogues a few useful tools even if they are just copies of other classes ability. Just one concept is the lock rocks, let rogues drop a cauldron of life giving elixir that works just the same as lock rocks, my ten man is always short a lock and the loss of those simple health stones is huge hit on our raid. There are a few more simple things they could do to make rogues playable again i just do not see them doing them or even seeming to care.

1) Remove snd, make dmg mitigation more passive and make dd more active (i'm for a total removal of a stupid mechanic like auto-attack but that will never happen since it would be a game breaking change)
    2) Give stealth a reason to exist in pve
    3) 10 years of wow and CP still on target? bi**h plz...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2014-03-11 at 01:41 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Lightbulb Revision of the Rogue Mop Talent Tree by Mos

http://wowtalentcreator.com/display.php?tree_id=6

Thoughts? Someone should post this on the rogue forums for me on the official blizzard battle.net US website. I cannot myself because I am not currently subscribed to wow. If someone does thanks a bunch and make sure to say its by Moslin!

My goals as stated on a comment I made below my tree on that website were to remove talents I thought were NOT FUN or were not working at all meaning they were lackluster and no one chose them.

I want Tiers with better choices and far more survivability options due to how frail rogues are and have traditionally been throughout wow history.

I dumped talents I thought were too strong now such as Elusiveness and Prey on the weak. I made adjustments to existing talents like shadow step and left a few talents Unchanged like 2 on the first tier and marked for death.

I rolled deadly throw an shuriken into one spell but it no longer would generate auto attacking.

Man that website is addicting. I love theory crafting and playing around with talents. I was absolutely in love with the Pre cata talents and I changed my talents almost every day trying to get the build just right for me. I made a lot of my own decisions even though I knew 1 or too cookie cutters were optimal.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-03-12 at 06:31 AM.

Lightbulb Internal Bleeding-How to make it a good talent

Have internal bleeding be a talent that finally does different things for each of the 3 rogue specs.

1. For Subtlety, Internal Bleeding's bleed following a successful kidney shot applies the sanguinary veins damage bonus.

2. For Assassination, Internal bleeding's bleed following a successful kidney shot can trigger venomous wounds.

3. For Combat, Internal Bleeding's Bleed following a successful kidney shot also increases attack power of the rogue by a small percent or increases Combat's mastery chance for Main gauche attacks that grant energy.

Just my 2 cents on the new talent Internal Bleeding, maybe its just a placeholder talent but right now it does not sound very exciting whatsoever.

Don't make an excessive number of threads. Please use existing threads where applicable. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-03-12 at 10:01 AM.

I remember when a rogue attack used to deal damage and its purpose was not really just to add a combo point. Make our attacks have a meaning again. Most of our instant attacks are a mild tickle that only serve to build a finisher that will boost our auto attacks.

Rework the level 30 and level 75 talents. Pretty much all of them are useless in PVE. Make Anticipation baseline.
    Remove positional requirements and weapon requirement from certain attacks and make all specs viable regardless of weapon choices. (yes, I want to play Sub or Mutilate with swords.)

The combo point system is highly outdated and anyone that has played a paladin or monk and tried rogue know the pains of the current system
    Last edited by truevalon; 2014-03-13 at 08:40 AM.

Lightbulb took a stab at coming up with good lv 100 talents for Rogues

http://wowtalentcreator.com/display.php?tree_id=10

Swift steel 1.5 min CD increases attack speed by 100 percent, you hit additional targets during this time ( 10 seconds) and also increases attack power by X amount.

Spread Pressure(working title) Your Fan of Knives spreads rupture, garrote all bleeds to multiple targets. GREAT FOR MUT OR SUB ROGUES

and finally Imitate. You make a shadow clone of your enemy target that only you can see and it copies his actions for 5 seconds. Offensive spells are directed towards your target and if he casts healing or defensive spells they appear on the rogue player who summoned the shadow clone. 2 minute cooldown.

infracted: thread spam
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-03-14 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 are shit. I'm sorry.

The first is basically reverse Bladeflurry. And boring I might add.
    The second one is completely useless for Combat and doesn't make any sense since Crimson Tempest gives Sanguinary Veins and Rupture spreading is one of the few challenging things to keep track of as a Rogue.
    The last one doesn't work at all with bosses.

No offense, but those are actually worse than the current Level 100 Rogue talents. Speedsteel is literally nothing but the original Blade Flurry with an AP increase added on.

well pardon me all over the place but as it stands shadow clone is overpowered. Cloned double shadow dance anyone? and venom zest isnt that interesting at all. Then theres a crap AOE finisher move. None of those talents interest me from a pvp standpoint.

also crimson tempest doesnt spread anything. it applies its own craptastic bleed. If it spread rupture id have it on my bar for AOE venomous wounds in a pvp setting. That ability is off my bars its a craptastic bleed aoe thingy for raids and most likely will be removed soon.

I want Combo Points on Rogue
    removal of Anticipation and instead bake it in, or fix combo point scaling so that i can just do a 3-4point finisher anyway.
    removal of SnD and make it baseline instead, i have no idea why this is even a thing, this skill is far to important to maintain but it's not very newbie friendly or a very engaging skill either
    removal of Haste scaling for energy, i really really hate how massive the change from "bad gear" to "good gear", to little haste and a rogue plays VERY BORING, too much haste and it's a spamfast thanks to the button smashing to even keep up with all the regeneration.

Anticipation, Redirect and Energy on Gear are Bandage stuff, should all go away.

I hate my Rogue so much just because of how bad Haste makes it play and how combo points work, it's simply no fun which made me re-roll another class as main after so many years of rolling rogues.

Eitherway as long as Combo Points are not on myself (seriously, this is a massive annoyance, it sucked years ago and it still sucks) and Haste scales so awkwardly i will certainly not bother making my Rogue a main again, these two things simply interact way to much in negative ways, there isn't even a damn pro use for combo points on target.