Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being a good dps player mostly means doing good dps. If you are in a top 100 guild anyone can use their BoP's or HoS' properly. I also feel that you're greatly devaluating the importance of DPS on progression. One single bop isn't going to drop your Rank By 50 and same with everything else. If you and your raid is alive you are using enough personals. Sure some of the ranks are cheesed but PR rankings are definitely a pretty good measure of understanding and knowing how to play your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    Being a good dps player mostly means doing good dps. If you are in a top 100 guild anyone can use their BoP's or HoS' properly. I also feel that you're greatly devaluating the importance of DPS on progression. One single bop isn't going to drop your Rank By 50 and same with everything else. If you and your raid is alive you are using enough personals. Sure some of the ranks are cheesed but PR rankings are definitely a pretty good measure of understanding and knowing how to play your class.
    I think using divine storm on targets that don't actually matter is the most important talent you need to rank. If you play with the sole intention of making killing the boss as easy and guaranteed as possible, you will never rank in the top 50 of any fight minus IJ and maybe malk
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    during progress a good raider is trying to maximize every aspect of his gameplay (maximize survivability , utility , dps) . Some times you cant maximize them all so you focus on whats more important for a specific fight / tactic / assigment ect ect.

During farm most ranks are done by focusing only on the DPS aspect of every fight, that usually means ignoring tactics or using zerg tactics and methods .

Not all retri paladins in all guilds can do that . You can get easy ranks because your guild just zergs bosses and some times because its failing( ppl failing on Lei shen HC geting adds to AOE for example , or low raid aoe dps on bosses like spoils ) . Some fights also have very big RNG factors , especially those with aoe bursts and our new 4set .

For me there are very few fights in every tier that can be considered to have the less zerg / pad opportunity (and low rng factor) giving the chance to most retri paladins a fair oportunity to compete in ranks with everyone. For SoO that fight for me is Iron juggernaut , from the 1st kill till now i always try to stick on the top50 of this fight and were able to get good ranks BUT even at that fight the kill time and how banners / tricks you have in the raid can really boost your rank . With 1 banner , no tricks and 5+min kills sometimes i cant expect to ever get rank1 or something but being consistently high on a fight with low zerg/pad opportunity and low rng factor at least it means i know how to smash my keybinds right.

Ranks dont give the whole picture especially during progress where some raiders may chose to focus on tact and some may chose to pad meter or some may be very lucky during the first weeks and get wf weapons/trinkents/4sets very fast BUT if someone is good raider and good dpser he will eventually get some good ranks during the tier. The better the raid team and tactics help you to achieve that the better your chances of toping ranks if you are good at maximizing dps.
    Last edited by mmoc3130c3df2a; 2014-03-26 at 09:59 PM.