Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give it a 7.5. Loved the monk class, the whole pandaland thing was decent enough, love the Klaxxi and Mogu, not a huge fan of pandas as a playable race, but i'm not a fan of goblins or gnomes either. Love battle pets. PVP, dungeons, and raids were all the same as any other expansion, so that's a wash there. Overall I wasn't overly impressed but I wasn't disappointed either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the guys who are giving it a low score are now burnt out from SoO. It's been out for 7 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Imagine *if* Blizzard had used these Pan'dyr instead. First of all, they would've come out of nowhere, opposed to the Pandaren whom we'd at least seen in TFT. Secondly, people would've gone apeshit over how lame and rehased or recycled or whatever, they would've been due to them being basically fuzzy Vrykuls, a race we had crawling all over a previous expansion.

Not to mention, the last time Blizzard tried to add some multi-culture to the Pandaren (being in Warcraft 3 TFT) where they had the Brewmaster wear samurai armor, China got pissed - same scenario again with the Pan'dyr most likely, since we'd have viking-pandas instead.
    They wouldn't have come out of nowhere, pandaren were always considered the April fool's joke of WC3, no one took them seriously (and many still don't) until they were hardcoded into WoW, so they too sort of came out of nowhere - and even if they did come out of nowhere, who cares, pandaria was in mists all these years no? No one knew what was actually going on in there.

Secondly, people went apeshit already over pandaren and how uninspired they were. Pandyr would have been no different, and actually probably a lot less negative reaction inducing. The reveal video for mists of pandaria on Youtube had more thousands of thumbs down than thumbs up, I've never seen such negative reaction for a WoW reveal before - ever.

Who cares if CHINA gets pissed? Is this expansion oriented at CHINA? Does CHINA have monopoly over how pandas are represented in video games? Russia is represented as the great evil of the world in practically every COD game, you don't see them starting WW3 over it. A mix of Japanese and Chinese culture would have been welcome, hell, anything to make it feel less copy paste directly from China.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I wonder if the guys who are giving it a low score are now burnt out from SoO. It's been out for 7 months now.
    No, I hated it from the second I met up with taranzu and he opened his dumb mouth. It was actually a nice introductory experience up until that moment.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    They wouldn't have come out of nowhere, pandaren were always considered the April fool's joke of WC3, no one took them seriously (and many still don't) until they were hardcoded into WoW, so they too sort of came out of nowhere - and even if they did come out of nowhere, who cares, pandaria was in mists all these years no? No one knew what was actually going on in there.

Secondly, people went apeshit already over pandaren and how uninspired they were. Pandyr would have been no different, and actually probably a lot less negative reaction inducing. The reveal video for mists of pandaria on Youtube had more thousands of thumbs down than thumbs up, I've never seen such negative reaction for a WoW reveal before - ever.

Who cares if CHINA gets pissed? Is this expansion oriented at CHINA? Does CHINA have monopoly over how pandas are represented in video games? Russia is represented as the great evil of the world in practically every COD game, you don't see them starting WW3 over it. A mix of Japanese and Chinese culture would have been welcome, hell, anything to make it feel less copy paste directly from China.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I hated it from the second I met up with taranzu and he opened his dumb mouth. It was actually a nice introductory experience up until that moment.
    We'd seen Pandaren in the games, we found Chen's keg in Vanilla. We'd heard about Pandaria. In the (now non-cannon) tabletop WoW RPG the Pandaren were a playable race with a lot of established lore, they even had footholds in Stonetalon. Oh and they were inteded to be the Alliance TBC race... Oh and negative comments on youtube? Oh noes! If youtube comments actually meant something, then Psy would most likely be president of the world and Justin Bieber would be his vice-president, and we'd all sacrifice cheeseburgers to kittens on a daily basis...

Oh and every international firm cares about China - because it's freaking China...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hmmm...

It it kept the steam it had as of 5.1, I'd say 10/10. But 5.3's Battlefield Barrens and lack of other content combined with the hellhole that is the Timeless Isle, which sounded like it was going to be great but just turned into a Maple Story grind for collectors, both knocked the score down to...8/10.

I still love the overall story, the way the new continent wash fleshed out, how everything fit together to tell the story effectively. I just don't like how they completely stopped making daily quests and went with 'fun' content that was basically a mass daily quest with no regular reward, pacing or incentive to keep at it past the 500th kill. LFR being in since the beginning of the expansion was also great, as I got to see the story as a whole (bar Ra'den) and scenarios are very promising storytelling tools.

So 8/10 for me.

Deleted
    I give it a solid 8/10 for the amount of fun I had. I give Cataclysm the same score, for the same reason.

Wotlk only get's a 7 and both TBC and Vanilla gets a 5 each. I didn't have much fun back then.

9 is nearly perfect and 10 is utopic, on my scale. So an 8 is really, really good.

We'd seen Pandaren in the games, we found Chen's keg in Vanilla. We'd heard about Pandaria. In the (now non-cannon) tabletop WoW RPG the Pandaren were a playable race with a lot of established lore, they even had footholds in Stonetalon. Oh and they were inteded to be the Alliance TBC race... Oh and negative comments on youtube? Oh noes! If youtube comments actually meant something, then Psy would most likely be president of the world and Justin Bieber would be his vice-president, and we'd all sacrifice cheeseburgers to kittens on a daily basis...

Oh and every international firm cares about China - because it's freaking China...
    We'd seen pandaren in one part of the game released past the game itself as DLC. We'd found chen's keg as an Easter Egg, the same way we found a Hydralisk in a Warcraft 3 mission. Does that mean we're soon going to fight the Zerg in WoW? Bring on the Battlecruisers and Carriers too baby.

I don't know where you heard about pandaria, and I don't consider tabletop games as extensions of the lore, unless that lore is already established in games, previously.

I never said negative comments, I said thumbs down. Those are representative of the amount of people who received the expansion negatively, which was what you were talking about: negative reception. It's not about you going sarcastic with your "oh noes" statement, it's about representative statistics taken from one input location, in this case Youtube's rating system.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    We'd seen pandaren in one part of the game released past the game itself as DLC. We'd found chen's keg as an Easter Egg, the same way we found a Hydralisk in a Warcraft 3 mission. Does that mean we're soon going to fight the Zerg in WoW? Bring on the Battlecruisers and Carriers too baby.

I don't know where you heard about pandaria, and I don't consider tabletop games as extensions of the lore, unless that lore is already established in games, previously.

I never said negative comments, I said thumbs down. Those are representative of the amount of people who received the expansion negatively, which was what you were talking about: negative reception. It's not about you going sarcastic with your "oh noes" statement, it's about representative statistics taken from one input location, in this case Youtube's rating system.
    Chen's keg was more than an Easter Egg, as it had a quest to it as well, it even involved an apprentice of Chen's. The tabletop games were canon lore, until half-way through Wotlk were Blizzard decided that it wasn't anymore, and the "I don't consider..." is a worthless and pointless argument, because your opinion doesn't matter one bit when there's facts involved. And again youtube doesn't matter any bit, and whether it's tumbs down or negative comments, they represent the same.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say 8, I give TBC a 10, because it was my starting expac, and I loved it, but Mop is second, and the W-PvP has been amazing, and the amount of things to do, and things out in the world you can interact with it brilliant^^

MoP 4/10 --- has felt about the same the entire xpack to me
    Cata 5/10 --- started off very strong but had a pretty bad ending
    Wrath 7/10 --- really enjoyed it but had a few weaknesses
    Vanilla 8/10 --- loved the leveling and being introduced to raids (and the newness)
    TBC 10/10 --- my favorite by far

Chen's keg was more than an Easter Egg, as it had a quest to it as well, it even involved an apprentice of Chen's. The tabletop games were canon lore, until half-way through Wotlk were Blizzard decided that it wasn't anymore, and the "I don't consider..." is a worthless and pointless argument, because your opinion doesn't matter one bit when there's facts involved. And again youtube doesn't matter any bit, and whether it's tumbs down or negative comments, they represent the same.
    Exactly, they represent people who received pandaria negatively. Thanks for finally agreeing, it only too you like 4 replies.

8/10

I don't raid anymore, only lfr and maybe flex but it kept me a hell of a lot more immersed than previous expansions did

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, they represent people who received pandaria negatively. Thanks for finally agreeing, it only too you like 4 replies.
    They represent a lot of things really. They represent people who don't like the game, who didn't like the cinematic, who clicked the button just because they could and a billion other reasons. Unless you possess the ability to know exactly why each person clicked the downvote button, you have no argument. And again, it doesn't matter how many people downvotes it, Blizzard still made the game, thank fuck, because they wanted to and because that was their plan.

6.5/10

Fairly solid, better than Cata, but not great.

Vanilla - 9/10
    TBC - 8/10
    WotLK - 10/10
    Cata - 6/10
    MoP - 3/10

In regards to MoP I didn't like the lore, new central race, music or the art style. The first tier of raids were incredibly bland. I never progressed any further (beyond the occasional free 7 day trial to see the new content in LFR, which should never have been introduced in the first place in my opinion, but that's a story for another day).

This was the moment I quit playing altogether during Tier 14.

(For context, I was not in the actual raid at the time, I was watching the live stream of the guild I was a part of (albeit very briefly). After this "event" I pretty much couldn't tolerate anything more from MoP. I unsubbed shortly after.)

WoD looks promising. Hopefully good content and less rage.
    Last edited by Rodpad; 2014-03-06 at 01:41 PM.

First expansion to make me quit before the last (meaningful) raid was released.
    So pretty bad. Hated the theme and pandas.
    If you meet God, tell him to leave me alone.

Pretty much 1/10. Worst expansion ever. Not a signle good change.

Deleted
    7/10.
    Much better than Cata, as good as wrath and bad compared to TBC and Vanilla. Still enjoyed it a lot (the lore, the quests, the music), I have high hopes for WOD.

2/10... Cata was a clear 1/10 that made me stop raiding.. Mop however put the nail in the coffin and made me unsub completely! Worst shit ever, useless crappy kungfupanda-kids-inspired expansion... wouldn't even be ok with it as a contentpatch!

Gone with the shit, time to celebrate the comeback of WOW!!