Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    4/10.

I believe I am uniquely qualified to give a ranking, since I have been playing this game for quite a long time, have dabbled in all aspects of the game, and have all 11 classes to level 90.

This expansion for the most part was garbage. Here's a breakdown

Talents/classes - 2/10 The talent system revamp screwed up way more than it fixed. I think most people don't quite realize what a cluster-F blizzard made with the talent system. There was only 1 class that was left mostly alone, and that was rogue, and rogue is the one class where you don't see a crapstorm of whining on the class forums based on class mechanics.

Leveling 1.45/10 - The leveling was okay-ish, the first time through. I'd give leveling alone maybe a 6/10. Some cute moments, nice rewards, nice XP gains doing quests in dungeons, things like that. Where it gets knocked down is the no flying thing. Completely, absolutely, and totally unacceptable, such that leveling 10 more times through is a 1/10, so if we average [(1 x 10) + 6]/110 = 16/110 = .145 x 10/10 = 1.45/10. So 1.45/10 for leveling. Yeah, it was that awful. Compared to cata, where you could breeze by and really choose where you go, and had more dungeon options, or wrath, where you had 3 of the absolute best quest chains the game has ever seen (wrathgate, mathias lerner, bridenbrad, not to mention thorim and sholazar's lore).

Story - 2/10. Garrosh is the worst character in the history of the game. Very little in the pandaria story made you give a crap about any of it. The opening scene on both sides of horde and alliance were fantastic, so I give some credit there, but everything out of the starting area was just one log slog through the mud.

pvp - 4/10. Decent. Button bloat and class systems really screwed up pvp in mop though, on top of the fact that gear differentials also really screwed up mop

art/graphics/style - 8/10. Let's face it, pandaria is kind of pretty, as were many of the dungeons and whatnot. Some of the tier sets left much to be desired though.

world pve (max level) - -9 billion/10. Blizzard said "Me mortar, you players are herbs, i grind you to dust." If blizz wants to know why they lost 2+ million subs, there you go blizz. Keep on not giving flying, keep on giving people poor incentives to do crappy rep grinds and mob grinds for low-drop rate items. You listened to your "hardcore everquest base" type players, and that's where it got you. Guaranteed another 20% loss in WoD with a continuation of this policy.

dungeons/scenarios - 8/10. The biggest problem was not enough dungeons. Challenge modes were a great addition to the game, as was proving grounds and brawler's guild. 5mans were just fine in their current state, people who whine how they are "lolezmode" frankly are completely out of their mind, because 5mans never have rewarded the best gear, but have always been a nice, fun way to play team wow, kill some bosses, and collect some loot/crafting mats in a stress-free way. Anyone whining about how they are easy has zero ground to stand on due to challenge modes, which are definitely not easy. Again, lack of increased 5mans in WoD is concerning.

Raids- 7/10. T14 was average. Not terrible, not great, however T14 was significantly hampered by blizzard's asinine decision to make leveling a crazy grind and no flying, meaning alts and alt pug raiding was almost unheard of in T14. T15, on the other hand, was awesome. T16 was very good, but certain imbalances and frankly boring encounters made it just kind of "meh," when compared to raids like ICC and Black Temple. For an end of raid expansion, it was a bit of a letdown (although of course way better than dragon soul). Flex was also a win.

The reason I think people are ranking MoP higher than I am is the recency effect of raids and dungeons becoming much more casual friendly. MoP was definitely a success from the "instanced PvE" standpoint. It was decently successful in pvp, and looked pretty nice. It was a complete and utter failure in every other way I can think of. The class changes and talent system were absolutely horrendous (except for warlocks ofc, and the lack of changes to rogues made them way better than everyone except locks), the insane grind drive so many people out of the game, and leveling for the many of us who are altoholics was absolutely atrocious.
    Exactly this and I never felt engaged in the storyline which was a yawner. LK's plot/lore arch far exceeds anything this xpan offered.

Deleted
    5/10

good features, but I loathe the theme, pvp sucked hard too

9/10 Take away the Panda themed everything and it would be a 10. So many new ideas came forward in this expansion and it makes me wonder whats next.

Love it.

(minus pandas!)

8/10

the raiding was excellent imo, the pvp was total shit, i used to do like 10 bgs a week, now i do zero, pet battles was a good time sink, and i happen to like daily quests vs no quests at all.

I wouldn't give more than 6 to MoP

I love MoP for it's compelling story telling. But i also hate it for it's lack of dungeons, and mediocre raids.

Deleted
    I didn't enjoy MoP that much. I used to PvP a lot in the previous expansions(bar Cataclysm) but it was too boring in MoP.

They also made Arms warrior in PvP really boring. Weird design philosophies like Second Wind, CD stacking, charge into stormbolt pre-nerf.
    Raiding was glorious, it was way more fun than PvP this time around. Still, not enough to keep me around.

MoP was the first expansion that made me quit midexpansion because I didn't have enough fun to justify paying the monthly fee.

5/10

Overall 6/10

Raids 4/10 (first tier was good, second tier was slightly better and third tier awful)

Leveling 5/10 (jade forest and krasarang wilds are so bad the rest is pretty ok or even great)

Mounts/Tier sets 2/10 (way too many new mounts using the same ugly flying snake model, Panda racial mount is ugly, not enough unique mounts. Almost all tier sets have been weak some plus points for the Challenge Mode sets almost all of those look awesome).

It does however have some pretty great additions like Challenge Modes, Brawler's Guild and Flex Raiding.

The idea behind the Legendary Cloak was a good one but it turned out not so good, plus it shouldnt take as long to get a 2nd cloak when you've already finished the quest chain on one character. The way legendaries worked in Cataclysm and Wrath of the Lich King was much better (except for the rogue daggers).

What I'd want for WoD is smaller raid instances, 14 bosses is way too many especially when there is so much trash. Somewhere between 6-10 bosses is enough per raid instance, even some with only one or two bosses would be cool.
    Less new mounts & more new unique mounts, 4-8 new mounts using unique models and textures would be way better than what we got in Pandaria which only had like 1 new unique mount in total (that being the bird mount from ToT).

7/10.

Raiding is by far the most important thing to me in this game and it was very good.

Lack of interesting (to me) storyline, "welfare" legendary, continued implementation/importance of LFR made brought this expansion down a bit for me.

Leveling sucked, but leveling always sucked, except maybe my first/second play through.
    The zones were decent looking. Rares everywhere. Timeless isle was fun.
    Bonus rolling was a cool concept to speed up gearing rates. However that just opened a new can of worms because people wanted to get a piece of gear every time they bonus rolled.

All in all, I played a lot and had a decent time of it. Not as fun as WoTLK (9/10), but better than Cata (5/10). Did not experience vanilla or the majority of BC so I can't comment.

Deleted
    8/10 Hc Raids pre nerf
    0/10 PvP
    1/10 Theme

Overall terrible expansion what made me unsub for several months. PvP pointless and boring CC fest I get bored really fast with PvE content and yes i finished every single boss on hc. So i am giving 3/10 for efford. Watchin pandas dieing was far more exciting then helping them kill Garosh army and i never ever get bored so hard on my mage main. So badly exceuted class constatn nerfs buffs to balance us. Even after so many years we have only 1 viable boring RNG spec. It was just frustrating as hell play in this expansion as mage.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2014-04-23 at 04:15 PM.

6/10 for me, better than BC and Cata, worse than Wrath.

Some of my biggest complaints were eventually fixed, but some others still make me dislike leaving my major city of choice.

I liked the Pandaren, I don't play them but I feel like they added some more variety to the game which is good. Pandaria is gorgeous and was fantastic the first time I went through it. The Horde vs Alliance conflict is getting boring and I'm not seeing any signs of life in it. PvP is just a shitty mini-game to me so I don't know or care about its current state, BUT I love some of the new sets that have been released this expansion and they've made great transmog pieces.

6/10
    Started out strong, but has petered out imo. Nice zones, good lore but the shop rewards really turned me off, incentive wise.
    Also the over reaction of blizz's to dailies and the solution. Players got flooded with dailies, and rightfully complained it was to much, so now we get none forever?
    Also agree with a lot others have said.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm really wanted to like MoP but to me it just feels like cata 2.0 with our long run of SoO going into WoD.

A few things I did not really care for are..
    1. Asian theme
    2. Daily grind for rep and the rep items being shit
    3. batshit crazy jaina proudmoore
    4. insta 90's in LFR
    5. dungeons that do not feel like dungeons
    6. raids that seemed rather bland and pointless.(Heart of fear) (Throne of Thunder) My gripe with throne of thunder was that it just felt like a needless arc in the story that could have been better told through a 5 man dungeon. Also the whole zanadlari troll story really seemed like a waste of a story.

Over all the expansion was not as bad as cata but it did not hit the heights of BC and Wrath

6/10

10+ Year Old Account
    8/10 for me. 9/10 if we had more dungeons and a shorter last raid tier.

I liked the fights in the raids and the creativity there was with them but I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it wasn't for the Asian theme.

Things I liked:
    I actually enjoyed the rep farm for some reason
    Idea of timeless isle was cool
    World Bosses that scale
    Challenge modes
    Raid Bosses had cool mechanics
    Don't need be in raid group for old raids
    Fun quests
    Flex mode

Things I hated:
    Asian Theme
    Pandas
    LFR
    Very bad story
    Monks in general
    Cash shop for all cool mounts and all the ones you worked for looked mediocre
    PvP balance was cancer
    Resilience was horribly designed
    Most art for Tier Sets were garbage

Overall: 6/10 would not play again.
    Last edited by TheValkyrie; 2014-04-23 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by necrobear View Post
    2/10 a filler expansion, nothing else.
    Troll much?

If that is your honest opinion, I don't even know where to start.

How good was MOP?
    It was REALLY good. Honestly, probably the best expansion so far in terms of getting stuff right. I didn't mind "pandas" as people put them because it's a fantasy game. Any new race is a chance at new content and lore. But that is the expansion itself, not my experience playing it.
    Was MOP the most fun I've ever had in WoW? No. That was TBS and early Wrath. Why? Simple, that is when lots of friends played. Now it's really just me an a few very casual acquaintances I met through WoW.

In my opinion, while TBC was hands down the most fun I've had in WoW, it was not the best expansion. I will list them in order with ratiings. (all my opinion of course)

1. MoP 9/10
    2. Wrath 8/10
    3. Cata 6.5/10 (Cata just didn't do much for me in terms of feeling like an expansion. However! It completely rebuilt the old world and let you fly after bliz said that would never happen. It should get props for that. It also has a lot of cool new quests in old re-done zones that most people haven't even seen/did. It was also brave enough to try a water zone. Not the best zone ever for sure, and certainly there are problems, but I enjoyed playing in it the first time quite a lot)
    4. TBC 6/10 (Probably the least polished expansion at ship, and SUPER GRINDY if you can remember clearly, but CHRIST ALMIGHTY, I has so much fun)

10+ Year Old Account
    It was awesome from a HC raiders POV, probably the best expansion so far, or at least tied with TBC.

Deleted
    The expansion that made many quit, possibly for good this time.
    It was terrible, as I expected when it was announced, but it actually got worse and worse as time went on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Up until 5.2, I would of said something close to a 9 or 10, but from 5.3 to 5.4, I'd knock it down to an 8 or 7.5

Which is a shame, I loved the start so much, but it was so awkward that it felt like the Pandarens were just there for the ride with us too, like they didn't know their own homeland or something.
    5.0 9.0
    5.1 9.25
    5.2 9.0
    5.3 7.0
    5.4 8.5

8.5 out of 10 expansion.
    Cataclysm would have gotten this.
    4.0 9.0
    4.1 7.5
    4.2 8.0
    4.3 6.5

Wrath
    3.0 8.5
    3.1 9.5
    3.2 8.0
    3.3 10
    Wrath 9.0 expansion

Wrath 9.0
    MoP 8.5
    Cataclysm 7.75

Not going to rate tbc and vanilla as i did'nt raid at all then. I believe i started during sunwell but didn't start raiding until 3.1 or so.

They're focusing too much on making everything available to everyone rather than putting time into making unique, fun content for those who want to put in more time into the game. Different levels of dedication and skill should reap different rewards (more than just gear), that's how i've always looked at it.

They seem to be making some good choices with WoD, but not really enough to make me enjoy the game a lot more it seems. I hate a lot of things about MoP atm and I am strongly against all players seeing every aspect of the game just for paying for it; They definitely won't be changing this policy any time soon as the game is 80% players that are incredibly laid back and don't care much for a challenge, which is fair enough, but I don't like it. Call me what you want, but I play get fun out of trying to challenge myself for the best rewards, that's what I play for, you don't have to agree with my standpoint on it but that's how I have always felt and will always feel.

How would I rate MoP?

Pros:

- A huge variety of content to be done at max level.

- A beautiful new continent.

- Great raids (ToT is one of my all time favorites).

- Account bound heirlooms/pugging across realm - This was a really nice addition (Hell I wouldn't mind if they made old school legendaries account bound too).

- Flexi-mode, this is the perfect casual raiding atmosphere. There is literally zero reason for the absolute disgrace that's LFR now.

- Probably more that I can't think of, they really added a lot of nice little things in the expansion despite the con's that i'm about to write...

Cons:

- Way too accessible, you shouldn't be able to 'beat' the game a couple hours after hitting max level; It doesn't matter what difficulty it's on, beating the final boss = Beating the game in my books (and it also removes the incentive to try a harder difficulty whenever you've already seen all of it).

- Leveling is much too fast at low levels but much too slow at high levels, or so it feels - I would like if they made Cata 80-90, MoP 90-100 and WoD 100-110 - 10 levels per expansion feels much better. I would also like to see the removal of heirlooms now that purchasing a 90 is an option; it's just so fast and you become far too powerful (it also completely skews low level PvP, not that low level is remotely balanced but it definitely doesn't help) and removes the opportunity to twink.

- LFR - This is my main reason for why it's too accessible, I can't put into words how much I hate LFR. It's a pain to do and it's a pain to realize that you're getting very little extra from doing harder difficulties except for the same gear with higher stats (that offer you little to no reward in the outside world).
    - While there's a lot of content to do outside of raiding and PvP, very little of it requires much brain power or effort. It's all mindless grinding apart from a few small things like the Brawlers guild and the green fire quest, but both of which will only really be completed once and can also be out-geared, making peoples previous achievements meaningless. I like that there's stuff to do in the world, but I would also like for there to be a chance that I could actually die (or perhaps add some more penalties, just getting a repair bill isn't exactly a risk).

- Zero risk reward anywhere in the game. That's one aspect of gaming that i've always loved, having the fear that if you screw up you'll be put back a lot. In old MMO's or RPGs if you died you would sometimes lose all of your gear, in other games you might have lost gold or in extreme cases you may have had to start the entire game over from the beginning. Obviously this wouldn't work in WoW, but i'd love to see some form of risk to dying to certain situations, it really makes it much more exciting (at least for me).

- Heroics. I know that you can do challenge modes; But as I was saying earlier there's very little that you can do outside of raiding and PvP that requires actual brain power. They're addressing this in WoD thankfully (by adding MORE difficulties though... I'll still never understand what was hard about Cata heroics, I wiped loads but I enjoyed it - I enjoy improving myself in game and outside of it), but I really hate how currently the only challenge I get in this game is if I jump on my rogue to PvP or if its a raid night. I literally can't practice healing anywhere in the game, there's no way for me to improve unless it's raid night - It's just boring. I don't want to scale my gear down because then I don't have an accurate idea of how well I can heal ideally.

- PvP and PvP progression. Now, I don't think that PvP is as horribly balanced as everyone makes it out to be - I just think it's frustrating as almighty shit. Having key spells getting dodged, being stun locked for 3 hours, lag when chasing someone as melee or running away as range - It's a nightmare. What's more is the gearing process on a new character, though this is nothing new as it's always been this way but i'd still like it improved. Getting a new alt and getting your ass handed to you by players that are absolute garbage because you do about 5 dps and they can do 5k dps while rolling their junk across the keyboard. You don't get better, all this gearing up process does is promote botting. I don't bot myself but I don't blame people who do it on newly dinged alts either, Jesus. Also, celestials giving loot, wtf? So you're telling me that it's fair that some players can get full prideful even a month before even rank 1 gladiator level players? That's RE-TAR-DED. Not had a single piece myself, i'm so far behind it's frustrating as hell. Not saying that i'm 'amazing', i'm just annoyed that some players are so far ahead due to pure luck. But anyway, this stuff has been there every expansion so I won't blame MoP alone for it.

- Lots of other stuff have irked me but it's not that big a deal.

So how would I rate it? Honestly, completely objectively, thinking like a new player just joining the game, it's still a great experience. There's a LOT of stuff to do in this game and if you're just there to see everything and don't care much for the challenge but just want to have fun in your own time, then you're gonna do just that. I'd give it an 8/10 because there's just SO much to do; The problem is that I myself don't really appreciate the stuff that they have available. I'd have it a 5 or 6 out of 10 because really, i'm just so damn bored all the time. I enjoy heroic raiding (despite the fact that i've lost a lot of my drive due to having seen it so much now...) and PvP, but outside of that I really find myself just afking all the time. I can't be bothered to do pet battles or level professions or play farmville or whatever else, I just want to get better. I'm not sure what they can do to address this tbh, but WoD seems to be doing a few things that I might enjoy so i'm at least looking forward to it a little bit.

TL;DR

It's kay.

-