WoD Healing Changes Discussion

Hello all,

My first impression about the Healing Dev Watercooler:

Player Health and Resilience
    I like it. Less disparity between PVP and PVE are very good to this game. Especially on long term: just imagine a World of Warcraft when PVE-gear only matters at instances and PVP-gear on at Arena/Battlegrounds. On outside world, PVP means skill only. I don't think this is for WoD, but it's a start.
    Result: Good, at a personal level.

Retuning Healing Spells
    Mixed Feelings. The reasons behind this appear to be valid and clear but the solution was "let's try again the Cataclysm Big Nerf. But this time we will changing Raids mechanics and power levels too". One of the results will be the return of dedicated healers and healer switch ("/rw healer 1 = tank, healer 2 = offtank, switch targets just before big heal mechanic"). How can this work with LFR?
    Smart Heals. I'm thinking about this. Why not "dynamic smart heal"? More smart at LFR, Dumb at Mythic, etc... Raids are all flex now - what happens when 2 healers are gone? Or be disconnected on the middle of the battle? The answer to me is: smart healing spells going smarter.
    Removing low-throughput, low-mana-cost Spells. Never using anyway. No opinion here.
    Result: Bad at the moment. Let's see Beta.

Instant-Cast Heals
    Don't Like. Against instant heal I prefer using something like the D&D "Contingengy" spells (ie.: "interrupts the next instant-cast heal and teleports the healer to your position"). This can be used as a raid boss mechanic too.
    Instant spells are the core of the "OMFG" buttons. And these buttons are fun.

This is my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismaille View Post

Instant-Cast Heals
    Don't Like. Against instant heal I prefer using something like the D&D "Contingengy" spells (ie.: "interrupts the next instant-cast heal and teleports the healer to your position"). This can be used as a raid boss mechanic too.
    Instant spells are the core of the "OMFG" buttons. And these buttons are fun.
    I on the other hand love the removal of all theese instant cast heals everybody and their mother seem to have. I've been against all this casting while running for a long time now, and this is a welcome change!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to have to do this but in addition to the news thread there's already another thread (with a poll) on the front page in this forum that's six pages along as I write this about the same thing. Please leave your thoughts there.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."