Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

So I finally managed to do the green fire quest

And it feeeels goooooooood!

Lil' disappointed that there's no achievement or feat of str for it anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gz man, well done!

It is a shame we don't get a unique title or FOS, especially if we do it under a certain item level.
    Now, give it a few weeks then when you realise how many warlocks use green fire, you'll switch back =P

I do wish everyones ilvl was scaled down to what it was when it first came out, make it less about outgearing it and more about doing the tactics seamlessly.

Because the fact that you change the color of the majority of your spells, something no other class can do so far, is totally not reward enough.

Nontheless, grats to finishing it!

Deleted
    I barely see anyone using the green fire, but my server's dead so dunno. I did it with timeless gear isle gear and a 3 lfr items. 'Twas just impossible iwth my 483 and 463 pvp gear earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I barely see anyone using the green fire, but my server's dead so dunno. I did it with timeless gear isle gear and a 3 lfr items. 'Twas just impossible iwth my 483 and 463 pvp gear earlier.
    So this is what you were doing while in that BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So this is what you were doing while in that BG.
    There was a guy that did it in 384 gear. Not 484. 384. It's doable with 483.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    We ended up randomly in the same BG and he was half-AFK at LH the entire match. I was referring to his posting here which happened while that BG was on.

I may do it someday for mine, but Green Fire didn't appeal to me. Of course I had been plotting a red and purple color scheme for my lock for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    I may do it someday for mine, but Green Fire didn't appeal to me. Of course I had been plotting a red and purple color scheme for my lock for quite a while.
    You can turn it off afterwards if you don't want it. It costs some gold though, although I can't remember how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You can turn it off afterwards if you don't want it. It costs some gold though, although I can't remember how much.
    500 gold to turn off if memory serves. Can be done by speaking with Jubeka in Shadowmoon. As she promised to do she's keeping Kanrethad banished.

Deleted
    If memory serves me right its 500 to turn back on. Turning off is free. But not 100% on this

Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    If memory serves me right its 500 to turn back on. Turning off is free. But not 100% on this
    Well, even more awesome for people who are interested in the challenge but not the green fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people always feel the need to make threads telling everyone they've done it. Gratz anyways though.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I've enjoyed the lore and the fight. Ive done it on 3 warlocks. The first one at ilvl 485, it was tough and took many attempts but was also learning fight then. Did second one at about 493 was still tough only took a few attempts though. Did my third one at about 505 and it was more forgiving to make mistakes in. Below 490 you basically couldn't make any mistakes.

Grats on your kill.

Grats! That was the most epic quest in WoW's history - imo. Personally, I would love to have quests like this (both in terms of 'epicness' as difficulty) as an alternative to raiding. This did feel like a solo raid to me and I enjoyed the fight and the atmosphere immensely. But I think Blizzard's vision is that WoW's raiding is exclusively MP-CoOp, so that's probably never going to happen.

Deleted
    Congrats ! I finished it this weekend with my alt warlock (502 ilvl) after doing the Proving Grounds.

It took me 2 hours to realize that enslave demon needed to be refreshed at some point during the fight (yes, I should read my skills more :P).

It was really fun to do.

Wat? Most epic? What was epic in this quest? Boring farming for item on island. Then boring flying between 4 spots in Outland. Then boring solo scenario, with average final boss. Killed it on 2nd attemp with 513 gear. Of course I prepared well in advance, because people said that this fight is very difficult. By prepared I mean watch YT guide, flask and food buff
    Only epic thing in this q is reward: green fire This is the coolest thing ever

PS My knowledge of the Warlock class is very low. I did this q two weeks after hitting 90. I had never played warlock before. But I have to say that I have a lot of fun with my little green fire-breathing goblin
    Last edited by dzidek; 2014-03-10 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    i did it with my alt after i got some heroic dungeon gear and some crafted stuff, prob around 470 ilvl.

Deleted
    Dzidek, if you outgear it by a lot and have even read up on exactly everything you need to do .... yea then it's easy. Everything is.
    But it's a lot more fun if you just accept the challenge as it is and discover your own story.

If you fail, then you can read up and see what you're missing maybe?

edit: and gz to the OP ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    Dzidek, if you outgear it by a lot and have even read up on exactly everything you need to do .... yea then it's easy. Everything is.
    But it's a lot more fun if you just accept the challenge as it is and discover your own story.

If you fail, then you can read up and see what you're missing maybe?

edit: and gz to the OP ofc
    Read up what? My post was refering directly to post above mine (nocturnus). For me there was nothing epic in this chain (except reward). Maybe I'm alone in this, but that is my opinion. Maybe if they did something like that for hunters I would feel the epicness.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2014-03-10 at 10:25 AM.