View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question The Next Class in WoW: You Decide

If you had the chance to vote for a new class, regardless of the expansion in 8.0, which class would you like to see?

(The poll will have limited options, so if you have an alternative class option, please list it below)
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-03-06 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to be cynical here, but I would prefer there to be no new class. I feel like a new class always brings new headaches, and it is hard enough to balance all the classes we have now.

Also, adding another class would be a stretch. I cant think of another class that could be added that wouldn't seem a bit out of place. Thats just imo though.

Spellbreakers would be cool as melee cloth spell casters with int shields

I used to have a post in my sig where I designed a class that was from outside of Azeroth on other planets/realms where they're fighting the Legion.

The class had one spec that uses daggers and mines (most of which are thrown/placed on enemies rather than the ground) with an ability to use "diguise" rather than stealth that followed the same rules, but you were visible to hostile players in a TF2 sense, called "Saboteur." Another spec used bows, had no pet, focused heavily on elemental damage and was more stationary than Hunters called something like "Ambusher" or "Infiltrator." (I forget.) There was a final spec sort of thrown on which was a polearm/2h weapon user that was similar to a D3 Barbarian with holy damage attached to most attacks and was a potential tank.

The issue was that the last didn't really fit with the first two. Otherwise I still think it's a great idea. The spec uses Intelligence and mana and simply converts all agi to int (like a Druid) and had essentially a copy of Devotion Aura as its raid cooldown. Thematically it was suppose to be a class born from a prolific group that was able to disrupt and actually cause delays for the Legion.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-03-06 at 04:49 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

A "Timewalker" of some sort, for sure. Seeing as how they've been used at the Timeless Isle and how we're going to an Alternate Draenor, the idea is already incorporated into the game. I know Blizzard isn't trying to focus on time travel for this expansion, as it's just a means to get to the new content, but I think we could see a time-related class at some point in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    I'm not trying to be cynical here, but I would prefer there to be no new class.
    I feel this same way about races. The only new race I could see being added would be Ogres. Just like Pandas, they could play for either side and come with one or two heads. Of course they would need to be Duskwood sized, and not Blade's Edge size.

It won't be melee, so get rid of all of those options.

I actually think the Timewalker is going to be WoW's Bard class. Blizzard always has a 5 year plan and they like to drop clues that seem meaningless a couple expansions early. The appearance of the Timewalkers, in what appear to be 3 specs, on the Timeless Isle seems to fit right in with how Blizzard likes to do things. We'll be talking to them and working with them throughout WoD so it makes sense that when our work together is done, they would pledge to stick with us in the coming battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eliminate all classes that have existing class names in their name.

Eliminate all classes that share themes with existing classes.

Then you'll be closer to your answer.

We're all already Titanborn.. Why is that even an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see one that makes sense to me and doesn't step on the toes of another class or two... :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So Tinker, Bard, Dragonsworn, Titanborn and Warden...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xlanonym0uslx View Post
    We're all already Titanborn.. Why is that even an option.
    One of the FANatics on the WoWWikki Class site suggested it as possessing lessor abilities of the Titans. Take a titan, shrink it. Bam. At least that was their thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had my choice, I'd make Runemaster a class distinct enough from monks and death knights to be viable while retaining their look and feel. I'm at a loss as to how you would make that happen, however. Of the list, I'll go with Demon Hunter - although I've never heard of the Titanborn concept. Wouldn't mind reading more about that and how their abilities are supposed to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

This has no relevance. We are not looking for a niche class. Please do not attempt to derail this thread. If someone wants to select something with any of those criteria, they are welcome to. After all, it is THEIR opinion... not yours to shove down their throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no historical precedent for bards in the World of Warcraft, but I'm voting for them anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    (The poll will have limited options, so if you have an alternative class option, please list it below)
    You know, I was really digging the Timewalker Class concepts floating around pre-WoD announce.

The "Caster Plate" Archetype which plays more like an "Eldrich Knight" with a chronomancy/arcane magic concept.

It'd also be neat if they went a bit away from expected archetypes, rebooting them like monk did for Brewmasters, instead of trying to add lore to somehow accomodate a sect of "Demon Hunters", Spell breakers, Wardens, Blademaster/Gladiators, Other class based heavily on WC3 lore, without it feeling like a ret-con.

IMO, something "Demon Hunter" like, but distinctly different. like a "Legion Hunter"

Also, We need another class who can use ranged weapons. (Gun/Bow/Crossbow) but doesn't feel like a hunter. (Though thematically, hunters are fucking all over the place to begin with. Fire Damage, Nature Damage, Snares in the cold School, Shadow Damage (For survival, of all specs), arcane damage, Hunters actually have more damage types available to them than any of the cloth classes.)

I'd like something who's thematically similar to a warrior, but uses ranged weapons. None of this hunter-tracker stuff. None of this beastmaster stuff. Give me a straight "Archer", who's theme is hurting stuff "From over there".

Titanborn, you mean like Maiden of Grief? Yeah that'd be cool. But not gonna happen.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is no historical precedent for bards in the World of Warcraft, but I'm voting for them anyway!
    Well, this is all about personal opinion, so feel free

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This has no relevance. We are not looking for a niche class. Please do not attempt to derail this thread. If someone wants to select something with any of those criteria, they are welcome to. After all, it is THEIR opinion... not yours to shove down their throat.
    I was merely relaying an informed statement for the less informed among us who actually believe half of those options have any chance of appearing.

Relax Superman. Everything will be okay.

I voted for Bard. But Blizzard would have to come up with something brilliant to make a bard class fit into WoW.