View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Until they reverse some of the current class homogenization I don't think we need any new classes at all. Why add another class that just does the same thing as everyone else with different spell names?
    Actually, I have to agree on this. Was thinking about it, but not fully through. But now, looking at things again, this seems more like a good standing to hold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Until they reverse some of the current class homogenization I don't think we need any new classes at all. Why add another class that just does the same thing as everyone else with different spell names?
    This is often sensationalized far too much. If this were actually true, class stacking for class cooldowns wouldn't exist.

There are very different reasons to take each healing class. There are very specific reasons for taking an ele shaman over many classes that do more damage than them. There are no reasons to take a Hunter outside of siegecrafter. Etc..

That's not "does the same thing as everyone else with different spell names". Calm down on the exaggeration please.

That said I don't feel we need any new classes. Blizzard has a hard enough time keeping up with the current ones.

Introducing...
    The Defiler

Just as Warlocks draw their power from demonic forces, Death Knights from the Scourge, and Shaman from the earth, the Defiler is a former agent of N'Zoth* who has broken his master's spell, and now uses the power of the Old Gods to exact revenge!

• Armor type: Mail
    • Roles: DPS / Tank / Healer
    • Resource: Rage / Black Blood (similar to mana)

Specializations:

Dragon (DPS): A long-range tactician who conducts chromatic dragonflight experiments on his unsuspecting victims. This spec almost never worries about Black Blood, as all their damage dealing abilities use Rage. DPS cooldown abilities reduce Black Blood to zero, and Black Blood regerates at a very fast, fixed rate.

Treachery (Healer): A dark whisperer who controls the fates of friend and foe alike, transferring life from enemies to allies, and syphoning health and mana from allies to bring swift death to enemies. Healers consume Black Blood while healing, but can regenerate it by attacking.

Madness (Tank): A vile tyrant who fills enemies with terror, causing them to obey and destroy themselves. Tanks consume rage for attacks, hold aggro and take damage in order to regen Black Blood, and use large quantities Black Blood for defensive cooldowns

Abilities:

Explode Corpse: creates an explosion of blood and fire from a recently fallen enemy, causing damage to all enemies within 5 yards.

Enslave: causes an enemy humanoid to fight for you for 1 minute, 5 minute cooldown. When the effect expires, the slave takes damage equal to 50% of damage dealt while enslaved.

Induce Madness: cause all enemies within 5 yards to attack eachother for 10 seconds.

Doom: instantly reduces all allies to no less than 50% health and inflicts the amount of health lost as damage to a single enemy. 150% of all health lost is then restored over the next 30 seconds. 10 minute cooldown. Allies below 50% health will not be affected. Does not generate threat.

* Side note: N'Zoth was confirmed during Blizzcon 2010 to be the source of the Emerald Dream, so an Emerald Dream/Dark Below type expansion would be an ideal time to introduce this class.

Deleted
    I like to read how most of ppl are for one and only true option saying that others are totally impossible the most possible of those you pointed are imho:

Demon Hunter because it would be very logical as 2nd hero class. after your-own-Arthas, your-own-Illidian. but mechanics would be hard to imagine because of beeing very close to warlocks and warrior/rogue and maybe even monk.

Tinker because technology based class would be unique but maybe too unique and too less races would be able to be tinker.

Ranger as I said my personal favorite because it's classic to every rpg. Everyone talks about ranged spec for rogue, hunter w/o pet(not on 100 lvl but from the beginning) so why no make such a class instead of new 4th specs. + would be nice to add some rivality in looting ranged weapons to hunters

Warden because srsly everything can hide behind this name. ranged,melee,caster :P

and for other most popular ones:
    Bard - since support spec isn't announced it's hard to speculate about it.

Spellbreaker - it's BE elite force :P why other races would be able to train and have them :P it's like shadow hunter, witch doctor, spiritwalker so race iconic class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Eliminate all classes that have existing class names in their name.

Eliminate all classes that share themes with existing classes.

Then you'll be closer to your answer.
    Half Life 3 confirmed?

You're making such a joke out of yourself on this forums... too bad for ya that WoD didnt brought yar Tinker class, eh? But keep preaching like an idiot, its amusing atleast.

This post was constructive.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2014-03-07 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    archmage is a mage that is a master of all 3 specs of a mage arcane, frost, fire.
    there is not really anything different except a few spells.
    It was sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me that damn demaon hunter. We all know dh become a class sonner or later

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Tinker or dark ranger. Adding yet another Diablo class into WoW would be boring, I'd rather see something new. They could always give warlocks a 4th spec that makes them a demon hunter
    And you realise that Deamon Hunter from Warcraft are nothing like the one from Diablo, not to mention that as far as i know warcraft 1st introduced deamon hunters in wc3

Deleted
    Voted for Archmage/Battlemage. I just love the mage style so that was a easy call for me.

Deleted
    Don't get all the Demon Hunter votes, last 2 classes added were both melee.

no new classes, no new races .

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Necromancer because a summoner archetype that relied on skeletons/spectres would be cool.

Also voted Demon Hunter to make all the 'Warlocks are/aren't Demon Hunter' threads go away.

15+ Year Old Account
    all the options sound pretty similar to one or even 2 specs of classes we already have. therefore IF they add a class in the future I hope it is none of the options you gave us.

I've wanted to have a battle mage since shock paladin was removed from the game.

Other than that. I like the bard concept, but treated as a pet class with with a wider range of pets than hunters (giant, humanoid) and with a tendency toward musical instruments associated with battle, like horns and drums. By preference, he'd be mounted indoors and in combat, but that would screw up too much stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    all the options sound pretty similar to one or even 2 specs of classes we already have. therefore IF they add a class in the future I hope it is none of the options you gave us.
    I only provided options. But, if you have a class idea in mind that you would like to see, even if it overlaps a little, feel free to share it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cursey View Post
    Don't get all the Demon Hunter votes, last 2 classes added were both melee.
    Personal preference. This thread is not about "What class will bring balance to the game" or "Which class doesn't overlap". This is a "what class would you personally like to have as a playable class".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    Introducing...
    The Defiler

Just as Warlocks draw their power from demonic forces, Death Knights from the Scourge, and Shaman from the earth, the Defiler is a former agent of N'Zoth* who has broken his master's spell, and now uses the power of the Old Gods to exact revenge!

• Armor type: Mail
    • Roles: DPS / Tank / Healer
    • Resource: Rage / Black Blood (similar to mana)

Specializations:

Dragon (DPS): A long-range tactician who conducts chromatic dragonflight experiments on his unsuspecting victims. This spec almost never worries about Black Blood, as all their damage dealing abilities use Rage. DPS cooldown abilities reduce Black Blood to zero, and Black Blood regerates at a very fast, fixed rate.

Treachery (Healer): A dark whisperer who controls the fates of friend and foe alike, transferring life from enemies to allies, and syphoning health and mana from allies to bring swift death to enemies. Healers consume Black Blood while healing, but can regenerate it by attacking.

Madness (Tank): A vile tyrant who fills enemies with terror, causing them to obey and destroy themselves. Tanks consume rage for attacks, hold aggro and take damage in order to regen Black Blood, and use large quantities Black Blood for defensive cooldowns

Abilities:

Explode Corpse: creates an explosion of blood and fire from a recently fallen enemy, causing damage to all enemies within 5 yards.

Enslave: causes an enemy humanoid to fight for you for 1 minute, 5 minute cooldown. When the effect expires, the slave takes damage equal to 50% of damage dealt while enslaved.

Induce Madness: cause all enemies within 5 yards to attack eachother for 10 seconds.

Doom: instantly reduces all allies to no less than 50% health and inflicts the amount of health lost as damage to a single enemy. 150% of all health lost is then restored over the next 30 seconds. 10 minute cooldown. Allies below 50% health will not be affected. Does not generate threat.

* Side note: N'Zoth was confirmed during Blizzcon 2010 to be the source of the Emerald Dream, so an Emerald Dream/Dark Below type expansion would be an ideal time to introduce this class.
    Very interesting! Not sure I would immediately jump in to play one, but it looks well planned

10+ Year Old Account
    And the Demon Hunter takes the lead...
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arberian View Post
    And the Demon Hunter takes the lead...
    about 3 pages ago But, this is not a contest. This is just a gauge for people's personal preference of what THEY personally would love to see in an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Can't vote, nothing close to my suggestion. Boycott Polls!
    What is your suggestion out of curiosity?

I find it hard to get excited about a Demon Hunter class, for some reason.

Bard would be pretty awesome. I'm thinking of a support class that provides buffs to the group or debuffs to enemies by using musical instruments/songs. It just seems like a support-only class would be hard to fit in WoW's current model (ie, the "We don't want you feeling like you must have a Bard to down certain bosses" thing). I dunno. Melee class that hits stuff with an electric guitar? I'm running out of ideas on how to make a bard work.

Tinker would be cool. Mail-wearing hybrid class that can equip a shield. Ranged DPS with things like machine guns, flamethrowers, bombs, etc. The tank spec gets a big armor boost and all sorts of...uh....tank abilities (would some kind of Star Trek shield generator with a cooldown be over the top for a game like WoW?). Based on the pic below, I guess a melee DPS spec could work too. That big-ass claw looks like it could hurt.

That does look pretty awesome. Only problem I could see is how awkward it'd be for any race other than goblins or gnomes. Humans and Dwarves, I could see. Maybe Forsaken. Anything else would just seem awkward.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-03-07 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Can't vote, nothing close to my suggestion. Boycott Polls!
    This is where reading the OP comes in handy. The last bit states to post "Other" ideas in the thread. So, rather than darting into drama queen mode, maybe you would like to share your class idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This is where reading the OP comes in handy. The last bit states to post "Other" ideas in the thread. So, rather than darting into drama queen mode, maybe you would like to share your class idea?
    You should really read a bit before quoting and complaining. I'm on the front page and, Internet sarcasm issues aside, that was clearly a joke.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."