View Poll Results: Which class would you like to see as the next class in WoW?

Voters
582. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

218 37.46%
  • Tinker

157 26.98%
  • Bard

92 15.81%
  • Necromancer/Acolyte/Necrolyte

71 12.20%
  • Archmage/Battlemage

52 8.93%
  • Blademaster/Gladiator

29 4.98%
  • Dragonsworn

77 13.23%
  • Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger

80 13.75%
  • Spellbreaker

63 10.82%
  • Spiritwalker

17 2.92%
  • Technomage

22 3.78%
  • Templar

27 4.64%
  • Titanborn

57 9.79%
  • Warden

52 8.93%
  • Witch Doctor

41 7.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    None of the above thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Those look kinda crap and not very warcraft.

WoW doesn't really have the kind of focus on material quality or texture required to push a steampunk feel; it relies far more heavily on color and profile and would require something that would give you something that looked like the Torchlight 2 engineer. Nothing wrong with that, I like the style.
    Sure it does, look at the current Goblin concept art and overall style of the race. I'm no fan of steampunk; really, so when I describe what I believe to be steampunk it could be the entirely wrong word to use.

Think of a Goblin or a Gnome. He wants to kick ass, and he wants to make Azeroth a better place. He doesn't have the muscles to be a warrior, the skills to be a rogue or hunter and he was never taught magic nor has the ability to grasp it. He's just an average Joe Gnome/Goblin, not really the heroic type.

Now, what could be made out of this? How could an average citizen with technical skill possibly stand up against the flames of a warlock or the claws of a druid? He uses the only thing he knows: mechanics, engineering, guns, explosives. Think of Iron Man standing up against the likes of Thor or Captain America. How does he fight against magic? against superhuman strength? Fantasy and science fiction has shown that technology is a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. This niche... this technology based class, it isn't in WoW and needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Think of Iron Man standing up against the likes of Thor or Captain America. How does he fight against magic? against superhuman strength? Fantasy and science fiction has shown that technology is a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. This niche... this technology based class, it isn't in WoW and needs to be.
    Iron Man and Captain America aren't represented as midget races with giant robotic clamps coming out of their backpacks, or riding in a giant tractor with hammers attached. The identity of the Tinker is just not practical for players. If you want Iron Man, the Torchlight 2 or Guild Wars 2 Engineer is closer to that kind of concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Iron Man and Captain America aren't represented as midget races with giant robotic clamps coming out of their backpacks, or riding in a giant tractor with hammers attached. The identity of the Tinker is just not practical for players. If you want Iron Man, the Torchlight 2 or Guild Wars 2 Engineer is closer to that kind of concept.
    We have midgets who are super intelligent and ride around in large mechanical devices.

How is it not practical for players? Are you saying the Blizzard art department couldn't create such a design and make it work in the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'm not asking for the exact copy of whatever a WoW Tinker is. I haven't played either of the two games you mentioned. I agree though that goblins and gnomes in big mech suits as a class isn't the best idea, but does a Tinker have to be one of those?

Even if tinker is a crap name to use, a technology-based class is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

That's not in the game, yet its a possible descendant of the Tinker mech-backpack.
    That's not from wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    What makes you think I'm a tinker fanatic? I'm just an anti-Demon Hunter.
    At this point, the odds are squarely on Demon Hunters being the final Class for WOW, in 2 years. That said, WOW will either have an Up Serge with WOD, and they might hold off on a New Class, or they will drop down significantly and add the most requested Class to the Game, And that is Demon Hunter. Always has been, even more than Monk.

That's not in the game, yet its a possible descendant of the Tinker mech-backpack.
    Nice picture. But once again, 90% of your idea is a Pre-Cataclysm Survival Hunter with Engineering, 10% of what you are saying is Mechwarrior. And No, it does not fit WOW. As I said before Play a game with Mech Warriors if that is what you want. Wildstar Engineer is that class, and it can tank, in fact it is a ton of fun. But no not in WOW.

Deleted
    From all classes listed here Ranger/Sentinel/Scout/Dark ranger sound more logic.Its fits the missing ranged slot and his abilityes arent spread around several classes in the game "demon hunter"

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have a "none" option? I like the classes we have perfectly fine (I could even do without Monk, tbh) and I would rather have them focus on balancing them and creating new content.

Bard is the only one I can think of that will not interfere with other features of other classes.

All the rest have too much overlap in abilities and look alikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Can I have a "none" option? I like the classes we have perfectly fine (I could even do without Monk, tbh) and I would rather have them focus on balancing them and creating new content.
    I agree with that. More than enough classes/races already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Nice picture. But once again, 90% of your idea is a Pre-Cataclysm Survival Hunter with Engineering, 10% of what you are saying is Mechwarrior.
    Rambo =/= Iron Man.

And No, it does not fit WOW. As I said before Play a game with Mech Warriors if that is what you want. Wildstar Engineer is that class, and it can tank, in fact it is a ton of fun. But no not in WOW.
    How does it not fit WoW? In MoP rode into Pandaria on massive flying aircraft carriers, fought giant robotic scorpions, and faced down a Goblin in a huge robot suit. Additionally, two of our playable races live in towns with airplanes, cars, highways, robots, and other advanced forms of technology. Most of those themes stretch all the way back to WC2.

It definitely fits in WoW. Unless you want to say that Goblins and Gnomes don't fit in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    'Titanborn' is the most original, I'll give in to that, but it sounds more like a race than a class itself.
    Man, I really messed up in my Titanborn post by not emphasizing that the races were just a conclusion from the class theme, and not the reason for the class theme. Too many people are coming away with the same impression you have, and that's on me.

The race selection was meant to be nothing more than what was left when the Curse of Flesh was removed, and the skins would be like the Death Knight undead skins for flavor. The races would be the same races already in the game! I guess I should have left that out. Wrathion isn't a Proto-drake after all. (though that would be awesome!)

It's too bad, because it totally eclipsed the rest of the concept for some readers, which was supposed to highlight that a technology based class could come from the rich WoW lore, and not have to be a whipping boy to the scraps left over from WC3.

Deleted
    Yet they're called Death Knights, not Dark Warriors.

Care to come up with another name for Demon Hunters that won't piss people off?
    Are you playing that game where you just try to annoy every person in a thread? :P

I dont understand your point. Do you find it hard to come up with a different name for another ranged char?

Archer-something, ranger-something, stalker-something and many more.

Relax fat kid playing superman, its all going to be ok!(i am assuming you where refering to supermans avatar pic and not his name earlier when you said the same to him)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Rambo =/= Iron Man.

How does it not fit WoW? In MoP rode into Pandaria on massive flying aircraft carriers, fought giant robotic scorpions, and faced down a Goblin in a huge robot suit. Additionally, two of our playable races live in towns with airplanes, cars, highways, robots, and other advanced forms of technology. Most of those themes stretch all the way back to WC2.

It definitely fits in WoW. Unless you want to say that Goblins and Gnomes don't fit in WoW.
    Rambo and Iron man have nothing to do with this discussion, if you want to play either of them, play Champions Online, I personally made a Female Rambo Catgirl, and a Gorilla Iron Ape. As for you idea for a Tinker, which I did read and I did comprehend, nothing in your class idea was any different than the old, half melee hunter spec. As for mounted Combat aka Mech's that is for the often promised and never fully given Vehicle combat system they promised twice. And decided against.

As to your argument about Engineering, at one point you could key bind nothing but Engineering Items and do excellent DPS. Especially if you where a [Aspect of the Beast] Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add, the old [Aspect of the Beast]

The hunter takes on the characteristics of a beast, becoming untrackable and increasing melee attack power of the hunter and the hunter's pet by 10%

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Rambo and Iron man have nothing to do with this discussion, if you want to play either of them, play Champions Online, I personally made a Female Rambo Catgirl, and a Gorilla Iron Ape. As for you idea for a Tinker, which I did read and I did comprehend, nothing in your class idea was any different than the old, half melee hunter spec. As for mounted Combat aka Mech's that is for the often promised and never fully given Vehicle combat system they promised twice. And decided against.

As to your argument about Engineering, at one point you could key bind nothing but Engineering Items and do excellent DPS. Especially if you where a [Aspect of the Beast] Hunter.
    Rambo is the Survival Hunter's archetype. Iron Man is the Tinker archetype. Neither is remotely similar to each other, and neither would the Tinker/Hunter class be similar to each other.

Again, the Tinker would be nothing like Hunter or Engineering, since the ability set would be completely different. And Engineering is a profession, so it sort of doesn't count when we're discussing classes.

Deleted
    The Tinkerer thread here offers plenty of arguments as to why it would fit in really well.

I would love to see a Tinkerer class, long before I see a Demon Hunter class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal classes: tinker, necromancer, bard,

Hero classes: dragonsworn, demon hunter,

New specializations of existing classes: shaman tank, hunter without pet, rogue of long-range, mage melee,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    New specializations of existing classes: shaman tank, hunter without pet, rogue of long-range, mage melee,
    well, it's more spectacular to do one new class than 3 new specs for already existing classes. So i doubt if Blizzard would add new specs instead of adding new classes.

no option for no new class ( and no new races either ) we have enough