Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Strange thing about differing opinions. If it is in Blizz's favor, we are fanboys or defenders. If we are against it, we are just cynics and haters. The problem is, some people cannot accept other people's difference of opinion without BRANDING them and giving them a label.

On Topic: I will be reserving full judgement until the game launches cause NOTHING I do or say on a "fan site" is gonna make Blizz stop dead in their tracks and take my advice.
    Except that blizz has said numerous times that they follow the biggest fansites activity... and you know... collect feedback... which the OP is giving, for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Geeze you guys can be crazy. OP had reasonable and constructive feedback and the Blizzard defense force jumps down his throat within seconds
    This is their fan site after all, it is apparently never allowed to complain to Blizzard... everything they do is apparently 100% perfect and should never be judged...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    Blizzard has also stated many many times that they look at the MMOc forums as well as curse wowhead etc
    Yeah, I'm sure they are just polling like crazy looking for input Look at tll the bad reaction CRZ had, even before the launch, let alone AFTER it. CRZ still exists. Look at all the stink about FPs being removed "fixed" as part of a bug. Big stink, still gone. Look at Fem worgen. Dozens of threads, covering hundreds of pages to put the alpha look back in. Guess what never happened? You guessed right. People are still bitching about the femworgs 4 years later.

As much as I like to think our input matters, a big part of me realizes... it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Except that blizz has said numerous times that they follow the biggest fansites activity... and you know... collect feedback... which the OP is giving, for free.
    Yeah, I'm sure they are just polling like crazy looking for input Look at tll the bad reaction CRZ had, even before the launch, let alone AFTER it. CRZ still exists. Look at all the stink about FPs being removed "fixed" as part of a bug. Big stink, still gone. Look at Fem worgen. Dozens of threads, covering hundreds of pages to put the alpha look back in. Guess what never happened? You guessed right. People are still bitching about the femworgs 4 years later.

As much as I like to think our input matters, a big part of me realizes... it doesn't.
    Figured I would just tell you the same thing I told him.

People will continue saying wait until they're all released. It's like saying oh it's sony or it's blizzard they only releae good things. It's not true and it's a bad policy to follow.

You SHOULD be making a big deal about it now while it's in design. You have more of a chance of affecting change during the design phase than you do post release.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Then it's too late.

Agreed, but we can at least wait until beta, which is made exactly to point things like this out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How about they finish all of the models first and release the expansion before we start complaining?
    And then the obligatory contra against complaints will be 'This has been known for so long! No one complained before! Why all the sudden histeria? You are just looking for an excuse to whine about the game!' I suppose? Just like for the cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Agreed, but we can at least wait until beta, which is made exactly to point things like this out.
    Good point. Better chance of being heard when they are actually LOOKING for feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it is also reasonable to go "OMG WTF IS THIS SHIT!" or "I really don't think this quite suffices, because x and y and z" when someone is sketching a picture. The stuff we're seeing isn't even formally presentable yet. Yes, we have the press event, but it's obvious that they're not done with the models. What exactly is the problem is waiting for the beta to at least start?
    Obviously people shouldn't be going "OMG WTF IS THIS SHIT!', but "I am worried about the new character models having the same face" is perfectly fine. Anyone raging about it is obviously a moron. Theres a difference between people like me who are just concerned, and people that scream and throw a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Obviously people should be going "OMG WTF IS THIS SHIT!', but "I am worried about the new character models having the same face" is perfectly fine. Anyone raging about it is obviously a moron. Theres a difference between people like me who are just concerned, and people that scream and throw a fit.

Sure, of course raging is stupid, but I do think it's also quite early to go "welp, this looks to be going to wrong way, so I'll need to contact Blizzard about it.", usually, beta is the perfect moment for that kind of stuff. Just pay good attention to each and every beta build and judge based on this. What we see isn't supposed to be the officially presentable version yet. Not saying you can't say anything, but I think it's wise to wait a little. Not until the game goes live, of course. That's just silly.

And yeah, I think I pretty adequately and clearly drew that line/distinction there? :P

No but common folk do not understand the concept of "not finished" it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Obviously people shouldn't be going "OMG WTF IS THIS SHIT!', but "I am worried about the new character models having the same face" is perfectly fine. Anyone raging about it is obviously a moron. Theres a difference between people like me who are just concerned, and people that scream and throw a fit.
    Sadly, as the years pass, and we still don't have a sarcasm font, the line becomes more and more blurred.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear I saw another thread on this exact topic a few hours ago, there are slight distinctions between each face, yes at a glance it my seem they are all the same, but you'd be blatantly lying if you said they were.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    You've always had same-face. Seriously, where did this delusion that facial differences were anything but texture based come from? Is it because the forsaken have a broken/no jaw option?

Go to the character creation screen, find a minimal hair style, and cycle through the face options without moving the head. You'll notice every single head is identical with different faces drawn on.
    Yes, but the old models, due to a trait old graphics possessed, allowed the textures more room to conceal the fact that we were looking at the same model face.

With the new models, the textures aren't capable of doing that anymore. You can see through them more easily, if that makes sense.

For example, they could draw teeth on one face texture and not on another, and the effect of creating two different faces worked, even though the model underneath was the same. With the new models, we have actual teeth, so the room the textures alone have to differentiate has decreased dramatically.

Deleted
    I would agree, if it didn't look as if these faces were what they're going for. They do look different, it's not like they don't have different faces, they just aren't what players want. And the feedback has been heard. They said they will try and make it look more different. So I think the early complaining is good. Now they know how players feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I would agree, if it didn't look as if these faces were what they're going for. They do look different, it's not like they don't have different faces, they just aren't what players want. And the feedback has been heard. They said they will try and make it look more different. So I think the early complaining is good. Now they know how players feel.

Yeah, I'm sure they are aware. I'd be a lot more worried about the faces looking different already, but not enough so, if Chris Robinson hadn't spoken about having a few ways to fix that in mind a few months ago. I'll hold my breath until we're sure those 'fixes' are deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How about they finish all of the models first and release the expansion before we start complaining?
    And then people like you say "Why didn't you say something when there was time to change anything? Now they are finished and there is no time for change".
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    They only had a few races' new models to look at at Blizzcon, but I can tell you they were just as varied as current faces are. I mean, there has always been a degree of similarity between faces, especiall for some races, but it doesn't seem any worse with the new models.

It's not at all like how female pandaren literally have the same face with different fur colouring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Terrible advice. The best time to complain or give feedback is before they're done. Once they're finished with the models, there's no way they'll change them. Not a chance.
    Absolutely, if it's feedback based on reality and not panic, hyperbole, and assumption.

This is half the reason real legitimate feedback gets lost in the shuffle - because too many people screaming like chicken little about things they don't even know about yet.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    Cry rivers? so giving constructive feedback is crying a river? Holy shit and i thought the official forums were full of white knights lol
    "I guess it shouldn't be super surprising" = constructive

Quote Originally Posted by Hecz View Post
    "I guess it shouldn't be super surprising" = constructive

Though, to be fair, I think that's because he acknowledges that it's not at all an easy task, rather than the OP implying that Blizzard is lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    You've always had same-face. Seriously, where did this delusion that facial differences were anything but texture based come from? Is it because the forsaken have a broken/no jaw option?

Go to the character creation screen, find a minimal hair style, and cycle through the face options without moving the head. You'll notice every single head is identical with different faces drawn on.
    Exactly this. For the classic/BC races its always been one face model, textured differently. Even things like the human male that appears to be sneering/showing his teeth is actually just clever texturing. Aside from Forsaken, all that changes physically (as in the mesh) is hair, earrings, horns etc.

Blizz has said all along that the new models would be handled identically to the classics, just with greater detail/emotion/animation. So they are delivering exactly what they said they were doing.

Its one thing to be clueless about the processes of modeling/texturing/animating, its another to be clueless and then bitch and whine about stuff that is actually exactly as its supposed to be or said it was going to be.

Ugh.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.