Garrosh HC (Transition One Woes)

We are stumped on what to do to make our temple of the jade serpent transition efficient.
    here is our current comp:

Prot war
    Blood dk
    Resto sham
    Disc priest
    Fire mage
    Shadow priest
    Destro lock
    BM hunter
    Balance druid
    Subtelty rogue (no combat weapons)

We also have a slightly undergeared ret paladin and we have thought about having our resto shaman go ele while the shadow priest goes disc/holy

any help for this first transition would be much appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    We had prot warrior back when we first did progress on Garrosh, he soloed one side, so i'd advise you to do something like that...

bottom left - prot warrior (shockwave/dragon roar, interrupting roar) if any is left behind he can just single interrupt it. Make sure he enters transition with lots of vengance and shockwave/roar ready else he probably can't make it

bottom right - blood DK and Destro lock. Again make sure your blood DK enters with lots of vengance, have the tanks switch when its like 5-7 secs left to transition so the one with less vengance can get some more

middle - Boomkin and Fire mage. Use Resto shaman to stun with glyphed Capaticator Totem

top right - Rogue and Hunter and Shadow priest

Middle and top right grp on top left ASAP when their respective group dies, with us its usually middle group as they're done in a matter of secs, and top leftshould melt down.

Use disc priest in the group u feel has least cleave DPS.

We do similar, obviously a bit different setup but we make with 21-23 usually, depending on procs and shit.

Best tip would be to save CDs that you can for this phase. Thinking about stuff like Celestial Alligement, Ascendance for ele shaman and Dark Soul for warlock. Honestly first transition is the hardest part of this fight in 10 man with the nerf now so as long as you can get through it on regular basis rest should follow easily.
    Last edited by Durbi; 2014-03-05 at 03:53 PM.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Deleted
    Does your resto have ele spec and does you shadow have disc/holy spec? If so you might want to switch them around and have double disc or disc/holy. In the long run, it'll be far more effective damage wise.

Right now, we struggle with that phase, but got did it a few times (which I say, was based on luck) with a similar split.

I would say there are at least 3 different splits possible to complete the phase within the timeframe.
    All with different propabilities of success, depending on your team:
    • 3 Split on the groups outside the temple and middle
    • 5 Split with all groups active at the same time
    • 4 Split with merging on one of the inside groups

I still advise to hold cooldowns/resources for this phase, in order to get it done, but using the damage potion is needed later in the fight.
    Dispite that advice I cannot hold cooldowns for this phase, because I have to kill the engineers in P1.

If your boomkin saves all his CDs he can destroy adds in this transition phase. Since our p1 dps wasn't an issue, we had ours save CDs specifically for this transition and made him DoT up the first 3 packs while running to the back ones.

Another thing you might want to try is not attacking Garrosh once he goes to transition and does the RP shit. It's a chance at wasting potential trinket procs etc.

Boomkin here. We had our rogue doing engineers last night, so I couldn't save CDs. Needed all dmg possible to push before a second wolf rider.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grivy6190 View Post
    Boomkin here. We had our rogue doing engineers last night, so I couldn't save CDs. Needed all dmg possible to push before a second wolf rider.
    You want to push before the third set of adds spawn.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by grivy6190 View Post
    That's not an important benchmark at all. Through our progression we left phase one as late as after the 2nd iron star, and as early before the 2nd warsong. As long as you beat 3 add packs you're fine.

Only suggestions I can make are this...

Our mage found frost to be better on the fight not only for boss dps, but for being useful in the p1 transition.

We found 1 tanking to be better. Just make sure your tank is ready to butt clench a lot. Granted this requires you to be 3 explosive despairs in p3 but that shouldn't be an issue with 1 tank 2 heal.

Make sure both shadow and disc priest are aligning themselves in the middle of the first 3 packs for Halo. Both of them combined should do upwards of 7-8 million. Helps a lot more than you'd think.

Our Combat rogue also essentially solo's a group as well.

As others have posted, and as you mentioned; if you can run the double disc you'll make this fight a joke. Halo during the empowered whirls is basically a free raid LoH. Just make sure they pre-fade before casting Halo or they'll have every add that spawns on them and DPS will be unable to out threat without a taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Durbi View Post
    We had prot warrior back when we first did progress on Garrosh, he soloed one side, so i'd advise you to do something like that...

bottom left - prot warrior (shockwave/dragon roar, interrupting roar) if any is left behind he can just single interrupt it. Make sure he enters transition with lots of vengance and shockwave/roar ready else he probably can't make it
    No longer possible to have 2 interupts, as of 5.4.7 Pummel and Disrupting Shout now share a 15s CD.

I have been solo'n one side as a prot warrior since we started progression attempts on it back in november. I tank most of the first phase for vengeance which is important. I pop bloodbath/recklessness right as we're getting pulled up. As soon as we enter the room I heroic leap to the pack I am on and target the add the furthest from the raids spawn point. At this point I thunderclap and revenge and by then they are starting their first cast, which I break with shockwave. As soon as I do that, I pop berserker rage to make sure I'm still enraged and revenge/shield slam and usually get an ultimatum proc. I use disrupting shout to break the second cast and they usually die before the third.

If you have any trouble have your disc priest or another dps throw a couple of casts on it and you should have no issues killing it before a third cast.
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced

Do you leave any warbringers up uchiro for vengeance?

If no combat weapons means no herioc combat weapons, normal MH is fine. Our rogue topped every time on 1st transition @ about 9mil with the normal heirloom.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

If ur boomie is not saving CDs then at least make him save his starfall and find a way to time it so he's 1 cast off from lunar. Ideally he should go in with a SS proc too. Have him pop his first starfall as soon as he gets in and use his SS to trigger lunar. Use the next Starfall on the 2nd pack of adds. Regarding dotting vs casting, it depends imo. For us we found a way to have me run a bit earlier than most to the second pack of adds so those I'm dotting in hopes to get SS procs (the first pack i'm hardcasting since still have NG).

Early during progression I was saving both Inc and CA for transition and pumping about 12M in damage but once everyone figured out their shit that wasn't necessary anymore, I usually do around 5M in damage now just doing what I said before. Roars help there too.

I do the back right set with an arcane mage. A tip for your warlock, although it might not be "optimal" for the rest of the fight, using glyph of havoc can be very helpful for this phase (which many people say is still the hardest). Go into the phase with 2 stacks of conflag. Then you use them both on a group that needs help right when you enter, giving you 6 stacks of backdraft. You can then havoc chaos bolt 2, shadowfury all 3, and use the remaining havoc charges on another set of chaos bolts.

this first intermission is after the nerf (didn't hit this part at all) by far the toughest dps check. our overall dps is good, we skip 2nd intermission by getting him to 10% before it would happen and then push him to p3 before the first empowered whirl, so we only get one emp whirl total.
    that's obviously not insane dps as people did just that before the nerfs as well, but still, better then average dps on that fight. yet we still have problems with the first intermission from time to time and it was easily the part we wiped on the most.
    our setup is:
    warrior & monk tanks, fire mage, fire mage, destro warlock, combat rogue, feral druid, elemental shaman, disc priest, holy paladin

we engage the first 3 groups. warrior + rogue doing close left, mage/mage/elemental close right. rest middle pack. warrior/rogue/disc go far left, rest goes far right. the warrior is pretty much solo tanking garrosh so he's got massive vengeance and the combat rogue does the most dmg to those mobs, that's why we have such an uneven split. you'll have to work that out yourself, look at logs/recount, dmg taken on those mobs.

people need to optimize their movement and especially stop wasting time. if the middle pack has 1-2 of the protection zones spawning, dps HAVE to skip them. waiting for them to spawn and then take them just costs you 1-2 seconds, which you don't have if you got a dps problem in there. if you have no zones spawn on the last two packs, just wipe it up. sucks, but it's very rare. obviously can be dealt with, but if you got a dps problemt here, i'd just file that under 'sucks, go again'. if you have one zone between the last two packs, people need to move close and grab it at once.
    you'll have wipes where you only get one zone and that zone lands on a player and explodes immediatly. happens. just go again.

mainly make sure that everyone optimizes their dps. someone mentioned correct use of halo already. look at logs and see who's doing how much dmg to the mobs. then if someone looks low, cross check with logs from other guilds with similar setups. if someone does a lot more damage then your guy there, check what spec/abilities he's doing. if you read log files correctly, you can pretty much see what the guy has been doing differently.