Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What does everyone thing about making BM a melee class.

After seeing the trailer for warlords, how cool would it be for BM to be a Melee class instead of a range. It already fits since most of the damage is from your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    After seeing the trailer for warlords, how cool would it be for BM to be a Melee class instead of a range. It already fits since most of the damage is from your pet.
    NO!

1st Beast Mastery is a spec not a class.
    2nd There is already an abundance of Melee classes/specs competing for a very limited amount of raid spots.

If you want to play Melee, pick one of the 7 possible classes that can do Melee dps. Not like there isn't a variety of available choices.

If anything we need more ranged classes/specs, not fewer.

Why would I pick hunter if I wanted a melee class?

Not really too much into that for a few reasons.

1) BM has quite unique way to handle damage with pets that at times requires some more managing that some may like.

2) What about the pets that are BM- only so far anyway?

3) We have plenty of melees already fighting for weapons, and literally only hunters going over ranged ones. I don't think this is the greatest idea due to that either.

Don't see many people going for it but would be nice for Hunters to have Melee and Petless (ranger) options... although I haven't really touched the class since Wrath.

One thing I can say about WOW, it would be nice if we chose our classes more out of Lore/Aesthetics than gameplay. I was never happy when they decided to make all 3 Hunter and Warlock specs involve pets (in Vanilla you didn't use them, Locks just had imps phase shifted) and was even more annoyed when Frost Mages became a Pet spec.

Same goes with Melee I suppose. Someone might actually want to play a Pet Class, but a Melee one. And no such options exist. Class specs are far too rigid imo.

no need for more melee classes.

Anchor the pets to the hunter (e.g. force them to target of target on the hunter while staying within melee range) and combine the health pools like the dark shaman encounter and I see no reason it would not work as a tank spec. The pets already duck AoE damage already so it would not double dip and it would even be a bit unique.

I think it would be cool. I know a lot would disagree, but it's something really different. Hunter's have the Marksman spec which is about being the cool, hardcore marksman with ranged weapons. Beast Master is about you and controlling the most ferocious pets. It'd be cool if you took on the role of the Beast Master and could spec into melee weapons (With the option to still be a ranged BM hunter) and be like a brutal fighter that also combines brunt force attacks with pet commands.

Why on Earth would I want to compete with Rogues, Druids, and Monks for weapons?

Also there are about eighty million melee DPS specs already. Let me keep my favorite ranged spec, please.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I would like to see it become an option. 3 specs with no real differentiation is so unnecessary. Rogues have kinda the same problem; visually the same, mechanically basically the same. At that point you may aswell just have 1 spec since the only thing that changes is what school of damage your attacks do.

One of the coolest things about Warhammer Online was the White Lion class, where you play as a woodsman/hunter with an axe and a pet lion. Hunter doesn't have to immediately say "bow". Infact, there are many hunter-gatherer cultures across the world and throughout history where bows are/were not used.

Rift also allows you to do a similar thing in choosing a Warrior-style class with a pet.

More options are always welcome, and hunters could finally be actual Beastmasters if they wish.

i think it'd be pretty kick ass. dual wielding axes and charging in with your pet buddy? fuck yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    it would be nice if we chose our classes more out of Lore/Aesthetics than gameplay. Frost Mages became a Pet spec.
    Nice , Trolling mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Someone might actually want to play a Pet Class, but a Melee one. And no such options exist.
    Except for Unholy DKs.

Raptor strike has been gone for a while, stahp.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Except for Unholy DKs.
    unholy sucks [snip]. DoT specs in general suck [snip] , but unholy is just clunky and terrible. if i'm playing melee, i want damage [snip] right then and there.

Please refrain from using such language. It may be considered offensive.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2014-03-08 at 04:17 PM.

BM should be melee with some of the old Surivival melee toolkit, while either Assasinate or Subtlety rogue should be more like a ranged ninja . They would be quite unique imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont like being melee
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done