Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I find it amusing how some think server first was an accomplishment rofl, as far as I'm aware it was a opportunity for people to exploit the game, nor more, nor less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Yeah sure. Because we all know Realm First achievement is totally equal in implemention costs as whole quest line, am I right. God... you are definition of indoctrinated lamb.
    I love how you blunder through my comment not actually realising I'm simply applying Sevyvia's logic to a similar topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    You're right, they're not content. They're dangling carrots that encourage people to exploit like crazy. I think about half the people who got realm first profession achievements on my server for Cata used some sort of exploit to max their professions in 15 minutes.

So yeah, I guess people enjoyed doing them if they enjoyed exploiting. Which is against TOS. So off it goes, and good riddance.
    You know what? Lets invalidate World First race because it encourages Top Guilds to play around semantics of exploiting and clever use of game mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    I love how you blunder through my comment not actually realising I'm simply applying Sevyvia's logic to a similar topic.
    Got anything else condescending to say?

Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    I find it amusing how some think server first was an accomplishment rofl, as far as I'm aware it was a opportunity for people to exploit the game, nor more, nor less.
    When I achieved realm first 80 DK when Wrath was released, the only exploit I did was my ability to power through needing sleep. Other than that, I just powered through quests. And then, I wasn't even trying for realm first. Guild first, yes. Then when I realized I was leading the realm, I ballsed up. Although I remember a couple of Horde on my server for MoP that I believe exploited their way to realm first 90.

Anyone else kinda hate these people who think because there is some extreme button fluff that taking away some is somehow dumbing down the game? What the fuck are these people getting that from?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason to get rid of the achievements.

I've never attempted, or wanted to attempt, getting a realm first leveling achievement. But that doesn't mean I don't understand the enjoyment that people get out of em. Once every two years you get to compete against possibly hundreds of people on your realm for an achievement.

In the end does the achievement mean anything? No. But then again nothing we do in this game actually means anything.

It's a fun thing to have in the game that doesn't negatively affect anyone else. Billy Bob on my server rushing to get Realm First Level 100 Druid doesn't take away from my leveling experience. Same goes with crafting. I couldn't care less if he beats me to max JC. It doesn't hurt my feelings.

If people want to be competitive then let them. It doesn't hurt you.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Got anything else condescending to say?
    Well, did you or did you not?
    And what's so wrong about wanting to understand all of the fucked-up logic the whiners are spurting out round here?
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Can't it be a technical problem? Because of merged realms etc.

oh god what shall I do now? No more realm firsts!! Oh I know, I'll do what I've always done. Take my time, enjoy the game, learn all the quests, explore every part of a zone I can before leaving it(especially with dynamic events now). So many people it seems try to just power straight thru to the end and do heroic dungeons and raiding. A lot say that the quests in MoP sucked. IF you actually took the time to read them all, follow all the cut scenes you learned and saw a lot. How many actually completed the entire Klaxxi line w/o using the dungeon rep or farm to gather the rep, shieldwall? There was actually quite a lot in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    As I wrote above, removing the realm first achievement actually will let me see less of the zones instead of more.

Going for realm first: 1) Play trough all questzones slowly to figure out all quests, experience the whole story of every zone. 2) Try a few different leveling routes and figure out how much you need to do to reach max lvl. 3) Figure out what routes are most efficient/what quests are worth skipping. 4) Play your optimal route ~2-3 times.

Not going for realm first: 1) Play trough some questzones at random, skip random quests/zones and miss half of the story.

So this really is a bad argument.
    It isn't a bad argument. You're just an exception, .. not the rule. The way you level, it seems, is all about the numbers .. not the content. You find which quests give the most XP, which routes allow for quicker succession of said quests, and which allow more choice of questing experience. In that sense, all you're doing is looking at your XP bar and counting how fast it rises with how fast you can run.

But not going for realm first? You are allowed to play as you see fit. You don't have to randomly go through quest zones. You don't have to skip random quests. You don't have to miss the story. That is entirely up to you. Without a realm first achievement you are still completely in control of both your body and mind. If you want to go through beta to try to find the most successful route? Guess what. You can still do that! And you can even read the quest dialogue instead of skipping to the, "Kill 10 Spore Bats" and then counting how much XP doing so gave you.

Me? I tried the entire speed leveling thing. Don't enjoy it. I miss out on so much just being able to go through at my own pace. I knock out lower quest zones, move on up to higher, and I go through each line. I don't have to worry about going JUST from the starter zone and worrying about which branch I'll go to next. I can do BOTH before heading to the next tier up. Because I'm not racing.

The entire way you choose to play is still your choice. Achievement or not, you can play however you like.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MelwensLady View Post
    May I ask what is really silly ? There are people who cheat to get that "silly" achievement . . .
    I remember the case from Ravencrest-EU, a druid got the achievement that way;
    Blizz removed his/her achievement at the beginin of MoP but a few months later he got the achievement as FOS AGAIN.
    So is this really FAIR apart from being "silly" ??

At this point, yeah, I can see HOW "Speed/marathon leveling is the closest thing to the propper hardcore progression raiding experience"

I'm just glad that Blizzard did something right finally.
    FS was World first, not only RC-EU first. and he got it back cause he WAS NOT exploiting... dont get your argument here?

I only really care for the leveling FOS, but back in cata I did JC realm first on Ravencrest-EU since it was the only proff you could get it and had to spend 4 days on (only like 10 min aday though)

And also the guild got 3 or 4 serverfirst professions back then, none of them were done with any exploits. I know there was a LW exploit where you could get cata leather from lowlevel mobs before cata launch (I reported this bug, but dunno if it got fixed) so we didnt go for that. Rest was just gotten through good coordination between guildies. (we got realm first "working as a team").

As for levling exploits, your highly overestimating how many use this. Most people that exploit get rolled back (sometimes falsely, that sucks I guess). Your argument is along the lines of: "Lets ban all sports cause a few people use illegal enhancement drugs"..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    It isn't a bad argument. You're just an exception, .. not the rule. The way you level, it seems, is all about the numbers .. not the content. You find which quests give the most XP, which routes allow for quicker succession of said quests, and which allow more choice of questing experience. In that sense, all you're doing is looking at your XP bar and counting how fast it rises with how fast you can run.

But not going for realm first? You are allowed to play as you see fit. You don't have to randomly go through quest zones. You don't have to skip random quests. You don't have to miss the story. That is entirely up to you. Without a realm first achievement you are still completely in control of both your body and mind. If you want to go through beta to try to find the most successful route? Guess what. You can still do that! And you can even read the quest dialogue instead of skipping to the, "Kill 10 Spore Bats" and then counting how much XP doing so gave you.

Me? I tried the entire speed leveling thing. Don't enjoy it. I miss out on so much just being able to go through at my own pace. I knock out lower quest zones, move on up to higher, and I go through each line. I don't have to worry about going JUST from the starter zone and worrying about which branch I'll go to next. I can do BOTH before heading to the next tier up. Because I'm not racing.

The entire way you choose to play is still your choice. Achievement or not, you can play however you like.
    Your missing his point, with the Achievement it gives him insentive to actually do all quests and experience the story etc. Without the achievement he wount bother doing it. he will just power through it at random to get to 90 with as little effort as possible, doing as little story as possible. As you said, he can play however he wount, but with the achievement there he will do more of the story (wich is the reason blizz gave for removing it)
    Last edited by Lamelight; 2014-03-07 at 11:43 AM. Reason: quote

No waaay :S the race for realm first was the best thing about a new xpac release this made me so sad to read

Deleted
    (Incoming Hipster comment) Glad I have my realm first achievement before it was removed, and also don't need to take a week off work to go for the next one ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lamelight View Post
    As you said, he can play however he wount, but with the achievement there he will do more of the story (wich is the reason blizz gave for removing it)
    If he cares about the story and quests, he will pay attention to the story and quests. If he is in fact not talking total bull, then the world first rush is chaining him to his desk and forcing him to play through a storyline he simply does not care about, multiple times.
    Last edited by SteveZombie; 2014-03-07 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    Realm First push people to skip leveling content. They don't want that anymore.
    Indeed, considering they sell level skip and profession skips on the shop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamelight View Post
    FS was World first, not only RC-EU first. and he got it back cause he WAS NOT exploiting... dont get your argument here?

I only really care for the leveling FOS, but back in cata I did JC realm first on Ravencrest-EU since it was the only proff you could get it and had to spend 4 days on (only like 10 min aday though)

And also the guild got 3 or 4 serverfirst professions back then, none of them were done with any exploits. I know there was a LW exploit where you could get cata leather from lowlevel mobs before cata launch (I reported this bug, but dunno if it got fixed) so we didnt go for that. Rest was just gotten through good coordination between guildies. (we got realm first "working as a team").

As for levling exploits, your highly overestimating how many use this. Most people that exploit get rolled back (sometimes falsely, that sucks I guess). Your argument is along the lines of: "Lets ban all sports cause a few people use illegal enhancement drugs"..

- - - Updated - - -

Your missing his point, with the Achievement it gives him insentive to actually do all quests and experience the story etc. Without the achievement he wount bother doing it. he will just power through it at random to get to 90 with as little effort as possible, doing as little story as possible. As you said, he can play however he wount, but with the achievement there he will do more of the story (wich is the reason blizz gave for removing it)
    okay see that confuses me. IF you are going for realm first its all about speed, not enjoying the game and everything around it. So going for speed wouldn't be grabbing every quest, reading thru every one of them, watching the interaction. It would be grab quest, follow tracker, queue like crazy for dungeons and zerg it all. Whereas if you don't worry about how fast you go to get an achievement you just take your time, explore every spot out there and interact more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing Realm First Achievements seem a bit unnecessary. Obviously there are people who enjoy that stuff, so why remove it? I suppose realm mergers may play a part into this, but it doesn't really hurt the game that some want to compete in such a way.

Still, it should probably be possible to still get people to compete on their own accord without the achievement (people did so before achievements, after all), but it still kind of sucks, I think.

Holy shit you are making my head spin bro. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and assume you're not trolling.
    So please explain to us why you feel that doing all of the quests on beta for the sole purpose of blasting to 100 on live as quickly as possible is more preferable to you than doing all of the quests for the enjoyment and experience of actually doing the quests and seeing all of the story.
    Did you even read my post?

You DONT see the full story when you level to 100. There are way more quests/zones/dungeons available as you need to get to level 100. You do 70% of the quests in one zone, do a random dungeon, do 50% of the quests in the other, skip a zone, do another one for 90%. Nobody who levels to 100 sees the whole story unless you continue questing for a very long time after you hit level 100.

Is it preferable to have people see content ONCE, while also skipping half of this content because they outllvled it over someone seeing the FULL content, multiple times because he enjoys figuring out a way to get realm first.

I really cant believe you guys cant see the fun into playing beta to see all the content and prepare for release, then taking some time off to have a LAN party with multiple friends, going to the shop together to buy tasty food and snacks, sleeping a few hours before the release, and then level to 100 as fast as you can with your friends to enjoy all the max level content together before going back to work again. The WoTLK, Cataclysm and MoP release all were memorable experiences and for sure more memorable then most friday/saturday-evenings going to the cinema/drinking a few beers with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MelwensLady View Post
    get a life ?
    The fact you cant understand how the above is extremely fun is your loss I guess. I really wonder why you're wasting your life posting messages like that in this forum tbh, rather sad.
    Last edited by willemh; 2014-03-07 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping 100% uptime on DOTs and performing a filler rotation is not engaging. Intelligently using procs is
    lol neither one are, and i definitely would not saying "intelilgently using procs" is more engaging. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Did you even read my post?

You DONT see the full story when you level to 100. There are way more quests/zones/dungeons available as you need to get to level 100. You do 70% of the quests in one zone, do a random dungeon, do 50% of the quests in the other, skip a zone, do another one for 90%. Nobody who levels to 100 sees the whole story unless you continue questing for a very long time after you hit level 100.

Is it preferable to have people see content ONCE, while also skipping half of this content because they outllvled it over someone seeing the FULL content, multiple times because he enjoys figuring out a way to get realm first.

I really cant believe you guys cant see the fun into playing beta to see all the content and prepare for release, then taking some time off to have a LAN party with multiple friends, going to the shop together to buy tasty food and snacks, sleeping a few hours before the release, and then level to 100 as fast as you can with your friends to enjoy all the max level content together before going back to work again. The WoTLK, Cataclysm and MoP release all were memorable experiences and for sure more memorable then most friday/saturday-evenings going to the cinema/drinking a few beers with friends.

The fact you cant understand how the above is extremely fun is your loss I guess. I really wonder why you're wasting your life posting messages like that in this forum tbh, rather sad.
    I definitely see the fun in that. I wouldn't want to race to 100 but hanging out with friends is awesome. I personally wouldn't want to thoroughly check out the beta though simply because I want to keep it as a "surprise" for when the game actually hits. But that's me.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Well, did you or did you not?
    And what's so wrong about wanting to understand all of the fucked-up logic the whiners are spurting out round here?
    Their logic isnt fucked up. It is blizzard's logic that is fucked up.

Remove something simply because not everyone gets to experience it, Why still keep HC mode then?
    Remove something simply because people cheat to get it. Why not punish the cheaters instead?
    Remove it because its just easier? Why? Is blizz too good to try harder for us?

Realm First achievements are one of last few things remaining in the game that underline other people's individuality over the rest. That's something that should be valued in a MMO. If all of us are here only to experience content and diss each other off on how our experiences dont affect one another then why WoW didnt changed to a single player game at this point?