Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Since it Dynamically updates there's no other point. Basically DoT classes are boring now?
    No, pretty sure you're misunderstanding something fundamental. DoTs are updated on every tick, not when they wear off."

Blizzard clearly doesn't understand this question. DoT classes will be really boring now that the only thing you're doing is updating dots when they're about to run out and then use fillers between that. As a feral I think the class will be piss easy now, especially with how long they've made the duration of everything.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    okay see that confuses me. IF you are going for realm first its all about speed, not enjoying the game and everything around it. So going for speed wouldn't be grabbing every quest, reading thru every one of them, watching the interaction. It would be grab quest, follow tracker, queue like crazy for dungeons and zerg it all. Whereas if you don't worry about how fast you go to get an achievement you just take your time, explore every spot out there and interact more.
    People play this game for ALOT of different reasons, I get that the reason blizz does this is to get people to follow the sory more, But that wount change anything for the people that plan on getting to 100 as fast as possible anyway. People did rush to 70 even if there was no achievement for it. and wowprogress is way more used now than it was back then. Personally I dont really care if the FoS is in the game or not, I think achievements is pointless feature. But with removing the server first some people will actually do alot less of the story. (A better way to give people an insentive to do follow the storyline would be to actually make it the fastest way of levling.)

I know personally that my shaman is the only charr that did quests in every questing zones (and prettymuch every quest) when Wrath first came out. the reason: I was trying to get server first lvl 80 shaman. And youd be suprised how much of the story I learned. For Cata we did proffs and then some dungeon leveling with guild. was super social (planing all the professions etc.) But the result is I hardly did any quests in Uldum on any charr, and TH and vashj max 50%.

For MOP again. Didnt have a chance at serverfirst (was on RC-EU so was against FS) + I had no beta access (ofc I could have had if that was really something I felt I needed) + I didnt raid (heroic) on my DK during DS so my gear was pretty crap, on top of that I was stuck on the airship for 3hours... Got to 90 in 21 hours (18 if you dont count the 3 hours on the ship) and my DK is the only charr I leveled that actually did most of the Quest zones.

For WoD I will probably do the same, quest as fast as possible, get an overall idea of the story then close to 98 just do dungeons (skiping story content) cause it will probably give more higher ilvl gear faster. and for the rest of my charrs, just skip as much of the story as possible.

People pla this game for different reasons, even if you dont find it fun/chellenging/interesting to speed level doesnt mean someone else will. It's like PvEers that Dont PvP or PvPers that dont PvE, both groups miss out on a large portion of the game. This is like making a PvP item BiS for a PvEer or a PvE trinket BiS for a PvPer. Blizzard is trying to force our hand to experience more story, the porblem is the method they use isnt effective (they should instead make questing more profitable in terms of leveling fast)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    big ass move blizz.. more and more bad infos came for this expansion.. where are the good ones?
    There is a saying "No news is good news"

So which would you prefer happy no news or sad bad news?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Precisely it wasn't till WoTLK that these achievements kicked in.. Makes ya wonder about all the QQ over it, all I can see it as is the "I can be a snobby showoff and lord this all over the rest of you" type crowd usually the ones that race to realm first anything are masochists..

- - - Updated - - -

Lol exactly I can never figure those that race to max level really stupid if you ask me and as you said once they get there then what.. lol
    Then there is plenty to do. =)

As for achievements. Your argument could be used on EVERY achievement (and that I totally agree about.. remove the entire system) But aslong as you have achievements/FOS, why should this not be one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Calling realm first achievements "content" makes me cringe. Just put them in, some people enjoy them and the whole fuss is over within a week.
    Now now!

You're going to play the way mommy and daddy blizzard tells you and thats that. You will NOT level fast or skip content blizzard worked so hard on. (even though we all know it's pretty pointless just like leveling 1-90)

Now go and level to 100 as slow as humanly possible (right after you paid to skip leveling from 1-90) and make sure you look at every bush and tree blizzard spawned into the game or else!

Don't make them tell you twice.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-03-07 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamelight View Post
    But aslong as you have achievements/FOS, why should this not be one?
    I ain't never seen a poll or anything on the subject, but as far as I can see it sours the launch experience for far more people than who actually wind up earning the achievements.
    Launch only happens once, and the achievements sit there being useless forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think this just comes down to a customer service issue. Realm first stuff creates a lot of extra tickets, which are already high the first week of an expansion. The following things I KNOW happened during MoP

1. A ton of people ticketed because of the grey ´node´ issue caused by the +10 spade/pick. I read of two different people who ´reported´ other players for exploiting because they got world-first mining/herbing while still in Jade Forest.

2. Guilds reported for exploiting - I read this one a few different places also. Guilds would track down someone who was in the lead and kill quest mobs around that player to prevent them from leveling up, while their guildmate quested somewhere else

3. All the nonsense with the elite turtles. Again.. a ton of tickets sent in because people who were losing the race considered it an exploit.

When the devs talk about the amount of work it takes to create ´content´ for 1-3 people per spec/realm. The work they are talking about is not the devs adding achievements.. the work is the work answering all the tickets that the race generates. Players are really stupid, and will send tickets for every little thing when something is as competitive as world-firsts.
    This is probably the real reason they are removing it! =(

Making this game less competative is not exactly what i want personally. Yes realms first are an important hype we all need, i have never gotten one myself but its great fun to see those msg's in the chat when leveling yourself.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huge mistake on blizzard's part. I'll be opting out of WoD on launch since I won't have my realm first to defend. No need to pay more money to get it on launch when it won't be long until Blizz is forced to lower the price.

I think they'd be better served by replacing Realm First with something along the lines of "Realm's First 100s" and you can only earn that achievement in the first 3 weeks of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    There is a saying "No news is good news"

So which would you prefer happy no news or sad bad news?
    All the news lately is them telling us all the stuff they're removing from the game. Challenge mode gear, flight, reforging, dot snapshotting, stats, buttons, etc etc. What are they adding? Garrisons? lol

Considering this expansion as the least amount of content than any other is telling. Add that to all the stuff they keep saying they're removing is making any excitement for this expansion nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Considering this expansion as the least amount of content than any other is telling.
    I hate it when you future people come back to slap us all with spoilers like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    I hate it when you future people come back to slap us all with spoilers like that.
    I don't need a time travel machine to read blizzcon announcements on no new race, no new class, no new professions and a severe lack of new dungeons.

Eh, it saves on five minutes of grats spam. If you have your chat set to IM style it might just make your client cry.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Huge mistake on blizzard's part. I'll be opting out of WoD on launch since I won't have my realm first to defend. No need to pay more money to get it on launch when it won't be long until Blizz is forced to lower the price.
    While I hear your personal frustration, your logic is a bit dodgy mate. Even if every person defending their realm firsts felt the same way as you (and I doubt most do), it would still represent a very, very small minority of the total WoW population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really change much to take away the realm first achievements?

You can still rush to be the first person on your server to hit 100...you just don't get the e-peen stroking of a server-wide message saying that you've hit max level before anyone else.

The experience of racing to max level is still there if you aren't desperately seeking some form of in-game physical acknowledgement of leveling superiority (i.e. wanting Blizzard to kneel before you for figuring out the best exploit to level with).

They probably removed the realm first achievements due to problematic with connected realms.. because when you think about it, put developpers on something that probably 50 people are going to enjoy once every connection is done, not really worth it.

then again, you'll still rank # on wowprogress and guildox, just not have server wide spam (which is probably the issue, that spam would have to be on multiple connected realms), so nothing is stopping you from doing it anyways.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-03-07 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Yeah, let's remove more of the stuff that is an actual, special accomplishment in WoW. All must work purely according to developer vision. No individual achievement.

That's a great idea, Blizzard. I'm also totally not ironic or anything. At all.
    i think you meant sarcastic.

and its also upsetting how upset people get that "blizzard is telling you how to play the game and what they want you to do in it" but when the US government tells you how you will do something everyone is just peachy keen.

As for the DoT issue, being a lock, and loving Affliction way more than the Destro im stuck with this tier, im pretty pissed about that. Aff used to be so fun. Now it will be Apply DoTs>Filler>Reapply DoTs when timers are about to wear off.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2014-03-07 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Don't kid yourself, the hardcore players will still rush through the content, to get to 100 ASAP, just to make a lot money, or to get a head start ahead of the rest of the population while grinding reputations, or farming materials, or whatnot, which is a HUGE deal on high/full realms.

And about "experiencing the leveling content"- I can always experience it/read the quests/etc on one of the 3 alts I have, which I won't have a reason to rush with.

And I really don't get what problem do the people that DON'T compete for Realm First have with the achievements? It doesn't affect them in any way, but they want it gone? Can't find the logic here- if I don't care about something in the game, they better remove it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    If I woudnt enjoy it I woudnt do it, simple. While everyone has different reasons to enjoy a game, nobody in this world plays games he doesnt enjoy. The achievement was an incentive for me to check out the whole story and enjoy the whole story. I knew more about the story then anyone who just logs in at expansion release and starts randomly lvling to max lvl (like >90% of the players do). Without this incentive in the form of an achievement to check out the whole content I will have to re-evaluate if I believe its fun enough.
    This is an interesting argument. Basically you are saying you played the game in Beta to experience the content so that you could skip through it once the content goes live.

While this may be a good incentive for you personally to experience the game, I think it's fair to say it kinda runs contrary to the spirit of the game. The game should be enjoyed once it's live. People competing for realm firsts tend to miss out on a lot, and for most of them it ends up being in vain because there can only be one winner. I had a guildie who went for realm first warrior, and missed out by about 15 minutes. It was a huge let down for the guy, and he spent the next few months not really knowing what the MoP story was, while the rest of us got to really enjoy the expansion and its story a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    And I believe the answer will be negative. I will still take some days off from work to level to max, farm dungeons and be fully prepared for the first raid but I wont spend hours on the beta checking out every single quest out there.
    My point exactly. The beta isn't intended to be your gaming experience of the new expansion. It's not meant to be there for you to figure out how to get a special achievement. The fact that a number of people used the beta to get the edge needed to win the race really spoils it for everyone else. IMO it would be a far more meaningful race if everyone in the realm was on the same footing, going into it with no prior information.

This is one of the primary reasons why I believe they canned the idea. The kind of crap that the world first people pulled off to get it (Athene for Cata and then that FS guy for MoP) just ruined the fun of it. It goes against the spirit of the game, and the mere fact that there were debates about whether it was technically cheating or just a case of clever rules lawyering indicates that it was a broken feature.