Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows if WoL will even support the next raiding tier...that alone will probably force a lot of guilds to switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raic View Post
    Who knows if WoL will even support the next raiding tier...that alone will probably force a lot of guilds to switch.
    I don't know, it breaks every major patch for a couple weeks because the site is never updated on the PTR, only once it goes live.... and still people don't switch.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Logs are really to be taken with a grain of salt.
    - D/C's (I've parsed due to that)
    - Lack of a parse due to who's logging (Norushen, Spoils and Sha of Pride as prime examples since you're not always in 'range' of everyone)
    - Stacking, tricks, PI's or whatever else you do to one person to amp their damage
    - Quality of either your raid members and/or AOE capability...if you're one of the few AOE'ers you'll do siginificantly more on some fights vs. if you have many strong AOE'ers that will destroy everything but individually, they'll do less dps overall since they get so much help from others. Many situations like these.
    - Full on heroic geared people clearing the entire place in normal, getting high parses relative to 'normal' raiders.

So many situations.....just careful about trying to compare with it, it paints a deceiving picture.

Deleted
    This has been reported ever since (15 november) on their forums, and WoL still haven't cared to fix it after 3+ FUCKING MONTHS. People actually pay a subscription for this service. Ridiculous.

WoL is super shit, its also dead.

Use warcraftlogs.com

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Of course it's being exploited. World of Logs hasn't been a relevant means of comparing damage since Firelands.

Guilds and players go out of their way to use unorthodox strategies on fights just to pad their numbers on WoL. I stopped comparing myself to the top players when I realized this was going on.

As soon as WoL raking became the end-all-be-all tool to measure who's good and who's not, players started to take advantage of it, thus ruining it's credibility.
    Eh, only true to a small extent. Most people I hear with these kinds of cries are actually just underperforming. Yeah, getting rank 1-5 on farm content might take some tricks or certain roles or whatever, but I assure you when the tier isn't 6 months old you don't have top guilds going "Hey let's do the fight harder and give every buff to player X so he can parse"....their players parse because they're good, and they don't want to waste time doing stupid things that will just make them more likely to wipe.

You'll eventually have 'hey can I not be on the belt team so I can parse?' and that'll go through, but it takes a long time before you get "Nobody touch bombs except Billyjoe, he's gonna parse".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Warcraftlogs appears to be better at the moment, but the true test will come once it becomes the standard and we see if they're any better than WoL at enforcing their rules and dealing with exploitative behavior.
    Well already they have communicated with the player base more times in a few months than all of WOL in the past couple years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sajek View Post
    Logs are really to be taken with a grain of salt.
    - D/C's (I've parsed due to that)
    - Lack of a parse due to who's logging (Norushen, Spoils and Sha of Pride as prime examples since you're not always in 'range' of everyone)
    - Stacking, tricks, PI's or whatever else you do to one person to amp their damage
    - Quality of either your raid members and/or AOE capability...if you're one of the few AOE'ers you'll do siginificantly more on some fights vs. if you have many strong AOE'ers that will destroy everything but individually, they'll do less dps overall since they get so much help from others. Many situations like these.
    - Full on heroic geared people clearing the entire place in normal, getting high parses relative to 'normal' raiders.

So many situations.....just careful about trying to compare with it, it paints a deceiving picture.
    You know what's nice though? It takes one single click on "Done to Enemy" and you can see exactly who padded and didn't. In World of Logs you have to click on the indivdual, then click Damage by Actor, then click the individual npc while waiting for 3 page loads.

The only encounter where you can't record the whole room is Norushen. Spoils and Sha work fine. Blizzard needs to fix the combat log across phasing to correct that.

Deleted
    It's just unacceptable that people pay for wol and they still don't get logs for the last 3 HC bosses or regular updates/management. Warcraft logs is far more user friendly than world of logs and it has many ranking formats + the advance combat logging, I love the fact you can look at just boss dps but to be fair there are many things that affect it , personally i think the actually ranks they show on your log should be for boss damage.

Wol/wcl ranks are pretty much irrelevant now, it's just about whether your guild is using scumbag tactics like on nazgrim, Ranks only really matter the first few months of every tier, when you have to adapt and dodge stuff whilst trying to maximize your dps, after this time people just copy those of us who constantly top wol or come up with obscure tactics to beat us :P

It is a shame that these bugged logs do affect pro raider but you should talke all those sites with a heap of salt, some guilds raid with half alts and some amazing players just don't scumbag anymore etc
    Last edited by mmoc474cf509db; 2014-03-07 at 11:23 PM.

If only WCL's UI wasn't utter shit :/

That's why I'm not using WOL anymore.

Warcraftlogs all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah
    If you have specific complaints about the UI, you can send me a PM here or post on the WCL forums. Feedback (even negative feedback) is welcome. Thanks.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    it really, really isn't. in many ways its better than WoL, in other ways its on-par. Its improved a lot over the last few months if you haven't checked it recently.

i think you're suffering from old dogs, new tricks syndrom. take some time to learn wcl and i think you'll like it.

also, came to this thread to plug warcraftlogs.com, please do not let world of logs remain the standard in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    This has been reported ever since (15 november) on their forums, and WoL still haven't cared to fix it after 3+ FUCKING MONTHS. People actually pay a subscription for this service. Ridiculous.
    They provided a service at no cost for fucking years. I get that a cash grab leaves some sour taste but I strongly doubt this whole project was at any time a real gold mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Yeah sadly don't know first time I used it I kinda thought that I just had to get used to it but I still simply don't like a lot of aspects of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically you can edit any file stored on your pc (log to upload to WoL) so it could be that some ppl want the stats look better than they really were.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still use WoWWebStats and WoWMeterOnline. Oh I also use Damage Meter, Recap, Emergency Monitor, Raid Minion, Cosmos and Thottbot.

Deleted
    I wouldnt read much into the higher ranks of World of Logs, its made up from guilds letting people cheese fights to get otherwise impossible numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive
    Yeah sadly don't know first time I used it I kinda thought that I just had to get used to it but I still simply don't like a lot of aspects of it.
    Provide concrete feedback. We're listening.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    They require parses. They probably don't care who they are through as long as they present a clear picture of the applicants performance.

The only reason WoL is synonymous with parses right now is because it's been the only real option since, what? Late Burning Crusade? I'm sure people aren't aware of warcraftlogs since it's fairly new to the scene (I think Siege is the first tier it's been available to the general public), and are tolerating WoL still just because it's been the gold standard for so long. It's the same reason why people use Ventrilo still. Some people might be aware of warcraftlogs but hesistant to switch because WoL "is what everyone else uses." It can be hard to dethrone the king, even when the king is gimpy and useless for two weeks every time there is a patch

Warcraftlogs seems really good and I give it props. Personally I am excited to see what Team Robot does with their site. It's supposed to enter alpha testing soon.
    I find this amusing as the output and input quality you get from VoiceIP's are depending on hardware more then the software. There is close to no bad voiceIP left, all are just as good as the next.

That said, I don't see the issue. You when logs aren't legit, so why make a problem out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you're uploading your report, you can choose what you want to upload.
    In this case, they're uploading only 52 seconds of the fight.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I still use WoWWebStats and WoWMeterOnline. Oh I also use Damage Meter, Recap, Emergency Monitor, Raid Minion, Cosmos and Thottbot.
    I can't tell weither you are serious or not since Thotbott by itself doesn't exist anymore, all the information is read from Wowhead...kinda normal since it was bought over.