Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

World of logs exploitation

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I was just wondering, I sometimes see on world of logs one guilds DPS parses being exceptionally high, like for example for Malkorok 25 HC at the moment there is a log for a guild called "Cartoons" that dominates the ranks, the "kill" is 52 seconds long. Is this being exploited by them somehow only recording the opening burst? I don't think it's possible for them to genuinely kill the boss so fast. If thats the case why do these people do this? It's obvious to anyone with any brains to them that its not genuine, it just shows that they are unable to get high ranks without cheating, and it must ruin the way sites like e-peen bot and pro raiders work.

So that they can feel special? That or the log just busted (sometimes happens with DC's) and WoL never bothered to fix it (who would have thought?).

Obligatory: www.warcraftlogs.com. Actually updated site, good replacement for WoL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Obligatory: www.warcraftlogs.com. Actually updated site, good replacement for WoL.
    I recommend people switching to Warcraftlogs, its so much better than WoL and all the top guilds use it

Of course it's being exploited. World of Logs hasn't been a relevant means of comparing damage since Firelands.

Guilds and players go out of their way to use unorthodox strategies on fights just to pad their numbers on WoL. I stopped comparing myself to the top players when I realized this was going on.

As soon as WoL raking became the end-all-be-all tool to measure who's good and who's not, players started to take advantage of it, thus ruining it's credibility.

Most top parses are complete bullshit because they don't record the whole fight somehow. Like Zhaine said, use warcraflogs, better by far and its actually maintained, unlike worldoflogs which has messages from early 2013 on its frontpage.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Logs has nothing to do with WoW, why do you care about it so much? You can see how much DPS you do with a simple addon, do you need the self-satisfaction of knowing you did better than someone else you've never met?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoL is the utter trash at the moment, so just stop using it.
    Most of the top logs are <1min fights.
    Check Nazgrim heroic for example, top 40 only 2 -maybe- are valid.
    Just stop uploading logs and let this site die.

Use warcraftLogs for in depth analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    World of Logs has nothing to do with WoW, why do you care about it so much? You can see how much DPS you do with a simple addon, do you need the self-satisfaction of knowing you did better than someone else you've never met?
    Comparing your logs with other people who have done a specific thing better than you it's crucial to improve yourself and your guild.
    Sorry.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2014-03-07 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    You do realize that most good guilds require wol parces in the application right?

However, I'd guess they're swapping that to warcraftlogs now since wol hasn't been that good for a long time now. You get my point though.

Deleted
    It's about time for this shitty website to die. They almost never update the encounters, 6 months after the beginning of the tier, there are still some bosses counted as "normal mode" in heroic. They don't give a shit about bugged/exploited logs.
    And too many people care about stupid ranks instead of actually analyzing their logs (uptimes, cd management, etc) like they should.

Use www.warcraftlogs.com from now on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Of course it's being exploited. World of Logs hasn't been a relevant means of comparing damage since Firelands.

Guilds and players go out of their way to use unorthodox strategies on fights just to pad their numbers on WoL. I stopped comparing myself to the top players when I realized this was going on.

As soon as WoL raking became the end-all-be-all tool to measure who's good and who's not, players started to take advantage of it, thus ruining it's credibility.
    People are uploading edited logs now which goes beyond stacking raid mechanics. WOL admins aren't updating/policing their service. Warcraftlogs is the new replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in a mumble with a few pugs from some guilds "we spent too much time on h malkorok because we where trying to rank" he explained that his guild wiped on a farm boss for a hour and a half trying to let a few blobs so they can use it to pad to get ranks. Just when I think people dont willingly go full potato I get a pleasant surprise.

wol has been downhill for a long time, im glad there is something new.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    People are uploading edited logs now which goes beyond stacking raid mechanics. WOL admins aren't updating/policing their service. Warcraftlogs is the new replacement.
    Let World of Logs die. If Proraiders/Epeenbot switched to WarcraftLogs, it'd be dead already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people already covered the "use alternatives" angle, but I would like to point out that a lot of that stuff on WoL isn't intentional exploitation by the players, it's also WoL bugging on out. Because, as people mentioned, WoL is kinda... poop.

Half my raid placed in the top of the world once because for whatever random reason, it split a multiphase fight out into separate boss fights, counting the first two as wipes (or trash, I don't remember) and the third phase as a kill. This was not right after a patch when things like that sometimes bug; it was a few months into that tier and had never done it before. So according to WoL, then we killed it in like 23 seconds because it was only counting the end of the fight. Hell yes, we're number #1 :P When in reality, we one shot the boss, but at a much normal no-where-near-ranking pace.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

1. Why are people still using WoL? Those websites will hopefully change eventually.

2. It was probably nothing they did but a bug in the log. One of our Protector kill's log bugged and had us killing them in like 1:30 seconds. We deleted it.

3. Who cares? What do they get out of this that you dont? A rank 1 from a bug? Like you said, anyone who looks at it will see that it is obviously not a real kill.

Deleted
    I've had a look at Warcraftlogs.com and I have to say I already prefer it WoL, the numbers all seem trustworthy and I prefer the layout of the site as well. I didn't realise that there was so many problems with WoL, whenever I saw these types of parses I assumed that it was something the players had done, I didn't think that it could have in fact been a bug, but even if it was a bug why not delete it like Gliff's guild did?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraftlogs appears to be better at the moment, but the true test will come once it becomes the standard and we see if they're any better than WoL at enforcing their rules and dealing with exploitative behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    You do realize that most good guilds require wol parces in the application right?
    I'd say most above average hardcore guilds. Good is subjective. /nitpicking.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    They require parses. They probably don't care who they are through as long as they present a clear picture of the applicants performance.

The only reason WoL is synonymous with parses right now is because it's been the only real option since, what? Late Burning Crusade? I'm sure people aren't aware of warcraftlogs since it's fairly new to the scene (I think Siege is the first tier it's been available to the general public), and are tolerating WoL still just because it's been the gold standard for so long. It's the same reason why people use Ventrilo still. Some people might be aware of warcraftlogs but hesistant to switch because WoL "is what everyone else uses." It can be hard to dethrone the king, even when the king is gimpy and useless for two weeks every time there is a patch

Warcraftlogs seems really good and I give it props. Personally I am excited to see what Team Robot does with their site. It's supposed to enter alpha testing soon.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

As a side note on how awesome warcraftlogs is check their replay feature. If whoever logged had the advanced mode on then you actually replay the fight and see exactly where people and boss and adds were at any time. Its amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    As a side note on how awesome warcraftlogs is check their replay feature. If whoever logged had the advanced mode on then you actually replay the fight and see exactly where people and boss and adds were at any time. Its amazing.
    the depth it has is kinda scary tbh.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

WoL will lose a lot of its user base with the new expansion release anyways so just disregard those short kill times and silly duplicated logs up on there.