Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Free to play will kill the game. So many spam. So many kids.

May I ask, how does it matter to you personally that people lose/gain subs? Is that the reason people play this game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rejer13 View Post
    Free to play will kill the game. So many spam. So many kids.
    stop pretending the "adults" are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    ESO will do exceptionally well, even if it's bad.

Skyrim hasn't been out of the top 20 on Steam, in nearly 3 years. The fan base is there to support it.
    Just because people like Skyrim doesn't mean they like ESO. I like Skyrim, but I will never ever play ESO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Remove the subscription.
    Imagine all the scrubs coming from Private Servers to ruin this game.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Just because people like Skyrim doesn't mean they like ESO. I like Skyrim, but I will never ever play ESO.
    Same here. I love the ES games. Have played extinsive beta and have no plans to play TESO. I had hopes for it but TES really does not transfer well into the MMO scene IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    ESO will do exceptionally well, even if it's bad.

Skyrim hasn't been out of the top 20 on Steam, in nearly 3 years. The fan base is there to support it.
    Skyrim has a "smart" fanbase, it's not like CoD or similar where they just blindly buy the next game. Most Skyrim players will see the reports from beta aren't great and lots won't want to play an MMORPG.

The "it has a big fanbase" thing is trotted out everytime, I remember hearing it over Star Wars and Warhammer too

They don't need to increase the number of players. Keep the best possible games coming.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop dumbing down the game, most of the people that leave do so because it is not challenging anymore. Couldn't hurt to stop homogenizing the classes and removing anything the tiniest bit unique

10+ Year Old Account
    More people usually tend to lead for shittier content (check WoW at Cataclysm/LoL)

They could scale old content but it wouldn't be very well balanced unless they put in a lot of work, ultimately meaningless without a great deal of time and effort behind it, and in the grand scheme of the story it would be meaningless, aswell as meaning they would have a lot less time to work on new content.

In an ideal world it would be cool, but not in the real world. I think they could provide a more challenging leveling experience, the game seems to be about breezing through trivial content made worse by overpowered self leveling gear, grinding it endlessly until endgame, where you then do more grinding and trivial content before deciding if you want to raid.

A leveling experience a little more lik SWTOR where they have heroic zones would be fun, the 2man heroic zones are soloable by skilled players, the 4man zones 2mannable.. They provide challenging almost hardmode like content to level with as an option to the usual grind. Leveling in wow is really really boring... its just too trivial.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-03-09 at 03:37 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I don't think removing the sub would really help, As we have seen over the years we gain people over things that change but also lose our older players who don't like the changes. I feel if we would remove the sub we would lose a lot of people due to fear of going Free to play but pay 2 win because blizzard is a multi million maybe even larger company there dedicated host/servers and computers they run monthly alone cost a good 20,30,50 thousand dollars a month, They have a dedicated host/pc for each realm we have alone and all over the world. If they are only making money from expansions and blizzard store novelty items they won't make the bills alone for the systems the game runs on. I say this my self with experience and as a developer myself. The 15 dollars a month is nothing, If you can't afford it then go play a free game. I am pretty sure if you can buy a computer to play the game on then you can afford a cheap sub though.

Now what I do think would help is scaling old content. Now while I myself play a average of 70 hours a week I know theirs people who cant play like I do, I do believe they should make more content that is more challenging and takes more time than what we have now while still keeping the option for our casual players to do whatever they can/want to do in there little spare time. Lets be honest here over the years we have lost more classic and TBC players due to blizzards progressions toward more casual gaming. Those type of players miss the time for 40 man raids and endless grinding like myself. We need more hardcore raids,dungeons and quest like back in the old days. We have lost a lot of hardcore/professional gamers due too this game becoming to easy over time.

Deleted
    More rare/unique and different items (weapons, armor etc) on harder content.
    Hopefully to make people actually wanting to do normal or flex raiding at least. Different colors are not incentive enough.

I know it's a lot to ask from Blizz's art department but instead of making some people give up or unsub after completing and geting full LFR epic tier, this guy probably wouldnt stop raiding if he saw amazing loot waiting for him in the hardest difficulties.

If the art department wants to save money then give LFR epic tier set a different visual equal the epics from Heroic 5 man.
    We want to make the player who plays the harder content feeling a lot rewarded of his acomplishments and dedication to the game. Otherwise...why bother working so hard for something with no reward in the end ^^

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Skyrim has a "smart" fanbase, it's not like CoD or similar where they just blindly buy the next game. Most Skyrim players will see the reports from beta aren't great and lots won't want to play an MMORPG.

The "it has a big fanbase" thing is trotted out everytime, I remember hearing it over Star Wars and Warhammer too
    SWTOR made close to 150 MILLION dollars last year...... They are doing really well, even if you dont hear about it much on a wow fansite.
    Chronomancer Club

Honestly, I'm not sure if they can really pull in a lot more people, like several have said.

However, I can say if they want to keep the subs down to a trickle of loss(we saw a small gain recently-which will probably drop a bit next quarter, and so on-Blizzcon I think helped them a little), they'll work on getting WoD out on a sensible schedule.

At the rate they're going now...if they can hit end of June(right before the end of their 2nd quarter), they'll be fine, even though we'd have had SoO at that point for about nine months. But if they can't get it(and if they make that, they'll need a very short beta-which isn't off the table), expect to see a *lot* of subs dropping off. Summer alone isn't great for MMOs-a summer, with no new content, a raid nearly a year old after they said they'd do faster content(and to be fair, they've been doing a bang up job of it so far, releasing patches at a very good rate), will not sit well with people. I have a bad feeling it'll be a case of ''fool me once, shame on you(ICC lasting too long), fool me twice, shame on me(Dragon Soul lasting too long), and I let you fool me three times, shame on both of us'' if they can't get WoD out on a decent schedule.

Really I think what will sorta make or break a big chunk of subs this year is if they can actually get WoD out on a proper schedule, or if they'll take forever and a day again. I won't blame people from losing all the faith at that point. I mean game companies in general are not known for being good at keeping on schedules, Blizzard are downright terrible at it. (And they were doing so well so far. ) They'll regain some lost subs with WoD regardless, but how many they have at the end of this year I feel will really count on them pulling off WoD in time or not.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This is pretty much the only way, yes. And its funny to see people thinking it would only be bad for the game. Most of my real life friends don't bother with WoW simply because they don't feel like paying the sub, while they can play better games for a lot less.

Imo they should remove the sub and just expand their store more to make up for the revenue they lost. Yes I would be fine with an in-game store if there's no sub, I've always been against it while the game has a sub.
    As counter argument, my irl friends quit lotro, sw tor after they gone free to play, the reason is that . sure free to play brings a lot of people, but usually that are idiots, that is why they quit and on top of that they do not want pop up window like buy this items in in game store, like in sw tor, where everywhere they ask you to buy cartel points.

I will always be in favor of subscription model, because it do not need to deal with idiots and it feels better.

If your friends do not want to spend cash, maybe they just do not want to play wow anymore, maybe that is the answer.

If they game is good i can pay for it, doesn't matter how much it costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureth View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure if they can really pull in a lot more people, like several have said.

However, I can say if they want to keep the subs down to a trickle of loss(we saw a small gain recently-which will probably drop a bit next quarter, and so on-Blizzcon I think helped them a little), they'll work on getting WoD out on a sensible schedule.

At the rate they're going now...if they can hit end of June(right before the end of their 2nd quarter), they'll be fine, even though we'd have had SoO at that point for about nine months. But if they can't get it(and if they make that, they'll need a very short beta-which isn't off the table), expect to see a *lot* of subs dropping off. Summer alone isn't great for MMOs-a summer, with no new content, a raid nearly a year old after they said they'd do faster content(and to be fair, they've been doing a bang up job of it so far, releasing patches at a very good rate), will not sit well with people. I have a bad feeling it'll be a case of ''fool me once, shame on you(ICC lasting too long), fool me twice, shame on me(Dragon Soul lasting too long), and I let you fool me three times, shame on both of us'' if they can't get WoD out on a decent schedule.

Really I think what will sorta make or break a big chunk of subs this year is if they can actually get WoD out on a proper schedule, or if they'll take forever and a day again. I won't blame people from losing all the faith at that point. I mean game companies in general are not known for being good at keeping on schedules, Blizzard are downright terrible at it. (And they were doing so well so far. ) They'll regain some lost subs with WoD regardless, but how many they have at the end of this year I feel will really count on them pulling off WoD in time or not.
    It could hit in June/July but I doubt they will do it. I have been playing since TBC and every expansion comes out at near end of year since Wotlk. They do it for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    As counter argument, my irl friends quit lotro, sw tor after they gone free to play, the reason is that . sure free to play brings a lot of people, but usually that are idiots, that is why they quit and on top of that they do not want pop up window like buy this items in in game store, like in sw tor, where everywhere they ask you to buy cartel points.

I will always be in favor of subscription model, because it do not need to deal with idiots and it feels better.

If your friends do not want to spend cash, maybe they just do not want to play wow anymore, maybe that is the answer.

If they game is good i can pay for it, doesn't matter how much it costs.
    I agree 100% as long as WoW is around I will pay whatever the sub is if there putting out the content, even if it was 30 dollars a month. I am against removing the sub and adding a in-game store completely and I will tell you exactly why. There are people in this world who CAN and WILL afford to go into a game and spend hundreds or thousands of dollars real currency to buy pixel items, enchants, gems, mounts, pets and so forth. I am one of those kind of people who can afford it. While I won't lie I have bought every item blizzard store has ever had, Real life items, In-game helms, mounts and pets(A good 1,000 dollars). I would never want to be able to drop a few Thousand dollars into WoW with a fresh level 90 and have max gear, all items possible, Gems, Enchants, Max Professions and so forth. I enjoy the fact that WoW is not Pay 2 Win and I wish to keep it that way and earn my gear and items instead of straight up buying them. If I want pay 2 win Ill go join another game for a few days and drop a few hundred dollars into it just to troll.

Blizzard in-game store may bring in players but I bet we will lose 75% of the players if WoW went pay 2 win. There are players like me who have been around for a long time Classic, TBC and so forth. Some over 10 years who have worked our asses off for things we have. If out of the blue blizzard went pay 2 win and people could buy everything with real cash then you would see WoW's Sub's drop Greatly due to rage of older players.

I suggest they hire two new guys that will take care of scaling all the old raids, starting from the very first one in vanilla, to fit 10 and 20 man raiding group. You won't gain any gear from it, but you got something to pass your time.

Could be a normal version of the raid (same version that exist right now) and a modified "Empowered" version of the raid that got the same mechanics but scaled HP & DMG.

increase its sub numbers? Hand out free phat loots and make it evne easier! cut the price for the insta-90's to 20 bucks!!11

seriously.. the majority of the mmo market is the wow kids. marketshare quintupled with the advent of this game roping inthe kids and handing out instant gratification left and right.

I hope it dies and dies quickly. The only gratification i get from it all is reading a blizzrad dev say what ive been saying for years, that they destroyed the genre.

Flame away, statistically speaking .. maybe 1:6 should agree w/ me. And no, wotlk and BC didnt do welll cxause their was things to do outside of raiding.. they did well because their was MORE raiding. MORE end game progression. I used to raid 4 nights a week and that was fairly light. Now we clear everything in 1 night and spend 6 w/ our thumbs up our rear. That, the welfare epics/dozen routes to advance.... LFR, and extreme mudflation killed the game. Fortunately WoD will address mudflation, but by the numbers i saw quoted - not nearly enough.

Anyhow, back to ffxiv for now. Atleast its semi difficult. Dont come over just yet,. people are crying about that and their are nerfs coming next patch to encounter difficulty.

WHat i want to know is why are people so scared of a challenge? and when did people who played 10 hours a week decide they were entitled to the same things as people who played 40 hours a week? I dont care why you dont play as much, thats your problem. Play more or deal w/ the repurcussions of not doing so. We all have a life and reponsibilities.... either handle them better, make sacrifices, or deal. Kids kill me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it needs to increase its players.

Well, I mean they want to obviously, this is a business after all. I just don't think WoW needs so many players. Most MMOs can thrive off of 1 million, and I think WoW might even be better around those numbers. 1-2M. This idea that WoW needs 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 million players to be successful is just ridiculous. It's like a decade old now..it makes sense for people to move on and it isn't a sign of failure if they do. With less players and more merged servers it might even help the community thrive.