Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    cant see the holy pally changes going live...we will be the least played pvp spec for sure.

I preferred Cata healing. That's the time I had the most fun in dungeons. Hard IS Fun. I play healer for the challenge of keeping bad groups alive. I didn't even level my shammy (pve) healer to 90. I did play my MW Monk in PvP.

Deleted
    I am scared about those changes.

Right now, I have fun saving a player's life with a fast shield or a fast heal because someone whose hp bar is not full could die with the next ability.

The new healing system seems really boring. You might always have something to do but I am scared that we won't feel the need to react quickly and the gameplay will be really slow.

Let's see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop fucking with my resto druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Hard IS Fun. I play healer for the challenge of keeping bad groups alive.
    And I disagree, I prefer relaxing gameplay instead of stressful.

Im sorry but I can't see how this comment "reduced throughput, more triage, less powerful “smart” heals, weaker absorbs, fewer spells... non-punishing" can be true. All this means is that we become more reliant on people playing the game like pros because we can now never make up for slackers or noobs that dont know what they are doing by being able to outheal a bit of the damage they are taking. So basically if you get in a group that is of a less experienced player you will suffer as a healer so saying we are getting changes that are non-punishing is a load of BS. IMO if something aint broke, there sure as hell is no need to fix it. Healing was fun, it had its challenges and required skill later in the game.

I'm trying hard to understand why they see a need to add a 1.5 second cast time to Eternal Flame and Light of Dawn when it takes about 6 seconds to build up to 3 Holy Power to begin with. All it does is add another 1.5 seconds to something that takes too long already. It's nice to see they are increasing the throughput on Holy Radiance, which is long overdue, but the truth is the 1.5 second cast on Eternal Flame and Light of Dawn is going to do nothing but add even more time to the already ridiculous amount of time it takes to cast a 3 Holy Power Eternal Flame/Light of Dawn.

That doesn't even take into account the mobility issue. Holy Shock and Eternal Flame/Light of Dawn are the only mobile spells that paladins have right now. Compare that to a disc priest with instant Spirit Shell, Power Word: Shield, and Penance (cast while moving when glyphed). Or a shaman with Riptide, Spiritwalker's Grace, and Earth Shield. And a monk with Renewing Mist and instant Surging Mist/Enveloping Mist when using Soothing Mist. Plus a druid with Rejuv, Swiftmend, and Efflorescence w/ Shrooms?

There's a serious lack of balance there. Why is every other single target HoT remaining instant and Eternal Flame incurring a cast time? This is an issue that seriously needs to be addressed. Every healer except paladins, if these changes go live, will have at least 3 instant cast heals. Holy Paladins will have Holy Shock. That's a significant impairment in both terms of mobility and in healing efficiency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaza View Post
    Compare that to a disc priest with instant Spirit Shell, Power Word: Shield, and Penance (cast while moving when glyphed). Or a shaman with Riptide, Spiritwalker's Grace, and Earth Shield. And a monk with Renewing Mist and instant Surging Mist/Enveloping Mist when using Soothing Mist. Plus a druid with Rejuv, Swiftmend, and Efflorescence w/ Shrooms?
    I wasn't aware that Spirit Shell could be cast while moving (the skill, yes but after that, you need to stand still for 10 seconds or it is worthless).
    A monk can use Renewing Mist but it is not really reliable. SrM and EM are instant when using Soothing Mist but you need to stay still to channel SM so I don't where the mobility is (but yes, it makes it instant).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 Priests, and I have played a Priest since DAY ONE. I always shame people for rolling FotM classes however....I just don't see anyone being able to play Priest in PvP if these healing changes go live...I mean its sad we are the squishiest healers (though we do have he best bubbles still), we have the least mobility, the least amount of 'Oh shit' buttons, weak defensive CDs relative to other healers, and now theyre taking our instant casts away. This seriously displeases me. May not actually pick up the next x-pac unless changes are rethought. I wont roll another class, ill just roll another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachit View Post
    They did say damage spikes are being reduced which was the main problem of the healing reduction in Cata. Everyone is freaking out before we even know what it will feel like. Mana also should be easier to manage at the beginning because they are buffing base mana regen a lot. I think it will be a good change overall if they adjust the damage like they said they would because healing was boring with spikes of being scared people would die throughout MoP.
    They also said that healing spikes were the reason for the "overpowered" wotlk healing abilities and that in cata they will reduce healing but also drop those spikes. But then there was this "wow, dungeons are supposed to be hard" phase and they added all those spikes to make the dungeons harder.
    And since they are on this "heroics are supposed to be heroic again" trip i'll bet we'll see reduced healing but still high spike damage. Because in the end Blizzard is not very creative and that is the only way they know to up the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    They also said that healing spikes were the reason for the "overpowered" wotlk healing abilities and that in cata they will reduce healing but also drop those spikes. But then there was this "wow, dungeons are supposed to be hard" phase and they added all those spikes to make the dungeons harder.
    And since they are on this "heroics are supposed to be heroic again" trip i'll bet we'll see reduced healing but still high spike damage. Because in the end Blizzard is not very creative and that is the only way they know to up the difficulty.
    Well there is always one shots which somehow there will always be people who blame healers for not healing unhealable things. From time to time there has also been performance debuffs which I would like to see more of especially on the lower difficulties. The person failing the mechanics is who should be directly punished and not the healers especially in the gameplay formats that are directed to the players who care more for themselves than the team. Sure such debuffs will later influence the healers by extending fights or if a healer screws up they might miss heals, but at least those who are paying attention dont have to take the brunt of the punishment for others mistakes.

Imagine if someone standing in the fire would reset a tanks aggro and the tank got blamed all the time for losing aggro. Sounds silly, but with all the DPS cuddling going on that is what is effectively happening to healers.

Deleted
    No mention of melee healing for Monks, can you tell us if we should get our hopes up or not?
    Fistweaving (via Crane Stance) is still planned. (Celestalon)
    Why has divine star never been nerfed? 15sec cd, no DR. Disc was supposedly being nerfed, then DR was removed and SoO = broken.
    Divine Star is probably the most overpowered spell in the game, currently. It will be nerfed in 6.0. (Celestalon)

Haha nerf priest & up monk for MMO champion, it's joke your soO= broken ? in pvp cc 40k in heal 20k dps xD.
    MMO champion play monk and whine vs priest its just lol
    & 270k in chaos bolt with my demo in pvp = not broken ?
    You are more gifted to the pub that ask questions
    MMO champion.

- - - Updated - - -

They want it is not there at all healer, dps that can be?
    This is already the case in almost pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

They want it is not there at all healer, dps that can be?
    This is already the case in almost pvp.