Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hey Blizzard, when do you remove self heal from non healing class ?

Why increase health pools, healing and mob damage, instead of just lowering damage? The problem to me seems to be damage is too high relative to health pools. They've just made a squish, and then they increase health, healing and mob damage? Just decrease the damage??? T_T

15+ Year Old Account
    If they're going to make these healing changes, i hope they actually add some op drinks. Sitting for 20 seconds between every single pull isn't fun (thinking dungeons).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I quite like what I read, Ive basically healed for the last 2 or 3 years and welcome some changes, I like the sound of not seeing health yoyo from 20% to 100% constantly. The only fights that has offered any fun as a healer was Yor'shaj heroic and heroic spine, although I havent done much healing in Soo and I quite enjoyed Malkrok, I like fights that make me think about who I'm healing and why and not just spam/smart healing everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    I'm shocked to see all the people cry out "CATA HEALING! BAD!", when for many players, early Cataclysm was the best state of the game, period; that includes myself.
    I healed on my shaman, tanked on my warrior and DPS'ed on my hunter main back then, and it was fun and immersive to heal back then. Punishing you for doing the wrong choices is how healing is supposed to be, giving you a get-out-of-jail-free card with smart heals isn't fun in my eyes and have deterred me a little from playing healers.

Going back to dumber-heals with some thought process thrown into the game is good in my eyes.
    It was bad PvP wise, it saw the rise of 3 dps comps in 3on3 on quite high ratings because healers were a crutch instead of benefitting the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Why increase health pools, healing and mob damage, instead of just lowering damage? The problem to me seems to be damage is too high relative to health pools. They've just made a squish, and then they increase health, healing and mob damage? Just decrease the damage??? T_T
    No offense but did you really read it? Or maybe you tried to skip the "PVP part"? All that you ask is answered there

I guess haste will become the best stat for all healers.

Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    How are you going to be more powerful if the increase of your healing spells is related to the HP of the tanks?

First tier Heal is going to hit for 1k (5% of HP)
    Second tier Heal is going to hit for 1.5k (5% of HP)
    Third tier Heal is going to hit for 3.5k (5% of HP)

The only difference between tiers will be 4-set and trinkets. You gain no real power
    And that is the way the game works. At level 60, it took us 8 mins to kill a boss. At lvl 90... it takes us 8 mins to kill a boss.

At lvl 10, my frostbolt takes 30% of a questing mobs life... at lvl 90, my frostbolt takes 30% of a questing mobs life.

Or in your example... a dps will be doing the same % of damage with their main attack against a 6.0 raid boss as they do against a 6.5 raid boss.

Gaining power in MMOs is an illusion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    wait wait wait, doubling health to reduce burst? didn't they already try that in Cata? it ended up backfiring since burst was still screwed up and doubling health had the side effect of bringing on this "squish" faster. we went from 20k as a fresh 80, to 100k (?) at 85, and 300k at 90.
    The doubling is post squish so they will first bring you down to like 30-50k then double that up to 60-100k

The health pool size only matters if you constantly have to fill it back up to 100% which is what they want to avoid, whatever or not they can accomplish that remains to be seen.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2014-03-07 at 04:02 PM.

So this is what, 3rd expansion in row where they try to make healing "more dynamic, engaging, non-punishing, and frankly a lot more fun"?

Let me quess: after a tier or two we will be spamming our highest HPS rotation like we have always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    For those of your screaming for more smart heals and casting on the move it's simple: L2P.

Healing about more than just pressing buttons and letting your healing spell do all the work for you. Learn about positioning, moving out of shit and then casting. Healing has become a joke these days. When your top 2/3 healing spells are all smart heals it kinda defeats the object of choosing what spell to cast and when. You just blindly press buttons when they come off CD and throw a couple of castable heals here and there.

I support these changes. It'll show the good healers from the bad.

Enjoy your 1 hour dungeon queues like at the start of Cata, and your 2 hour LFR queues. Oh wait, you probably only raid heroic because you're such a badass. Then why not make these "let's make healing difficult and annoying" changes only apply to heroic raiding and let everyone else have fun while healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    If they're going to make these healing changes, i hope they actually add some op drinks. Sitting for 20 seconds between every single pull isn't fun (thinking dungeons).
    Especially when most tanks and dps don't wait for you even if you desperately type-yell "MANA BREAK" for the third time. Then bitch and complain after we wipe.

Really, PvP. If I wanted to PvP, I would have join a PvP realm!! STOP making changes to support PvP; get back to PvE stuff. I HATE PvP!!!!

"Prayer of Mending now has a 1.5-second cast time."

And I was actually considering coming back in WoD. Oh well.

Deleted
    Sounds good

I expected Atonement nerfs, but if smart heal spam isn't at least viable in LFR I doubt I will level my Priest past 90.

This whole bigger health pool and more healing triage sounds a lot like their goals during Cata. We'll see how well they pull it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    you ever see a mmo notice on facebook and think to yourself"god whats blizzard screwing up now"

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    And that is the way the game works. At level 60, it took us 8 mins to kill a boss. At lvl 90... it takes us 8 mins to kill a boss.

At lvl 10, my frostbolt takes 30% of a questing mobs life... at lvl 90, my frostbolt takes 30% of a questing mobs life.

Or in your example... a dps will be doing the same % of damage with their main attack against a 6.0 raid boss as they do against a 6.5 raid boss.

Gaining power in MMOs is an illusion.
    Difference is how important the actual number is for DPS and not for a healer. A healer needs to feel that is capable of more, because doing more HPS than the previous tier is meaningless.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I'm underwhelmed by the blog post.
    /sadface
    Don't know what I was expecting

As a healer in SoO I have mixed feelings about this. I like the idea of healing being more 'fun' and diverse, but these changes seem to be cutting several classes at the knees. I guess we'll see once its out and I get into raids at level 100, but I am not hopeful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    Difference is how important the actual number is for DPS and not for a healer. A healer needs to feel that is capable of more, because doing more HPS than the previous tier is meaningless.
    Why would it matter more for a DPS? the increased damage they do will relate in the same way to how much more hp the boss of the next tiers have instead of the increased hp pool of the tank for the healer. Same scenario.