Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is only an instant heal if it heals instantly, and PoM doesn't. What you are trying to say is that it is an instant cast. An instant heal has two benefits, you can cast it on the move, and the heal can't be interrupted. PoM is a buff on the target, and buffs can be countered unlike instant heals.

As for the duration of Sap, it is pretty damn long but the Rogue simply stealths and waits for the buffs to run low and Sap before they are reapplied. The difference here is that the PoM buff already can be countered whereas a true instant heal can't. Sap was just only one example.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    It is only an instant heal if it heals instantly, and PoM doesn't. What you are trying to say is that it is an instant cast. An instant heal has two benefits, you can cast it on the move, and the heal can't be interrupted. PoM is a buff on the target, and buffs can be countered unlike instant heals.

As for the duration of Sap, it is pretty damn long but the Rogue simply stealths and waits for the buffs to run low and Sap before they are reapplied. The difference here is that the PoM buff already can be countered whereas a true instant heal can't. Sap was just only one example.
    If you think a Rogue has the freedom to sap and "wait" for buffs to expire I don't think you PvP much.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    If you think a Rogue has the freedom to sap and "wait" for buffs to expire I don't think you PvP much.
    Thanks, Floopa, that was very kind of you. I will admit it's been a while since I have done any serious PvP, but back in the day in BGs a good Rogue would not bother trying to attack through a PWS if it only took a few seconds of Sap for it to fall off when doing a 1 on 1 sneak attack. Just like any good PvP player would stop attacking someone with Guardian spirit to avoid them getting a 50% heal.

Deleted
    Except that PoM isn't an instant heal, it doesn't heal at all unless damage is taken. A Priest can be hanging on to a sliver of health and PoM will heal them for zero. And a PvP opponent can decide to wait a few seconds for PoM to fall off before finishing them.
    Sigh lol, that makes even less sense.

If the problem is when the priest is low on health, why the hell would you then complain that PoM is not a instant heal? The lower health you are in pvp the more likely you are the kill target. In the situations where you need PoM to heal (aka, you're taking damage), it's an instant heal. In situations where you don't need the healing right away, it activates on the next situation of damage. That's why it's called a smart heal, and that's why it's nerf is justified.

And a PvP opponent can decide to wait a few seconds for PoM to fall off before finishing them.
    Yes, the enemy player will wait around 20-30 seconds so the buff runs off. And meantime, he'll CC you for all that time, and remove (in some unknown way) dots from you. I agree with Floopa, you're not putting any realistic pvp perspective (which is the reason for instant heal changes) on the discussion.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't remove all instant heals, and no a spell that heals on damage is not an instant heal just like a HoT that heals after time passes isn't an instant heal. Renew for anyone other than Holy has no instant heal.

They didn't remove all instant heals, and no a spell that heals on damage is not an instant heal just like a HoT that heals after time passes isn't an instant heal. Renew for anyone other than Holy has no instant heal.
    Good thing Discipline isn't losing Power Word: Shield.

But "instant heal" is pretty much arguing semantics, come on now. Instant has only ever mattered as a "can you cast it while moving". Druids have a lot of "instant" healing done in this way. Delay or not, they don't have to stop moving, and having a few HoTs rolling while you dance in circles, feel free to laugh your way through hell.

Renew is still an Instant Cast. Power Word: Shield is still an instant cast effective health increase (see also: "heal"). Holy Nova and Circle of Healing are still Instant Cast. They want casters stationary a lot more, both DPS and healers. Instant ways to do damage are also being dropped significantly.

However, CCs and silences are being toned way the fuck back, as are things like Warrior Charge becoming a root (unless you give up things like a decent cooldown to talent for it).

Game changing isn't necessarily a bad thing. We need to see the bigger picture here. And if that bigger picture is more healer representation, while still laughing my ass off at Paladins, well, that's definitely okay too.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Good thing Discipline isn't losing Power Word: Shield.

But "instant heal" is pretty much arguing semantics, come on now. Instant has only ever mattered as a "can you cast it while moving". Druids have a lot of "instant" healing done in this way. Delay or not, they don't have to stop moving, and having a few HoTs rolling while you dance in circles, feel free to laugh your way through hell.

Renew is still an Instant Cast. Power Word: Shield is still an instant cast effective health increase (see also: "heal"). Holy Nova and Circle of Healing are still Instant Cast. They want casters stationary a lot more, both DPS and healers. Instant ways to do damage are also being dropped significantly.

However, CCs and silences are being toned way the fuck back, as are things like Warrior Charge becoming a root (unless you give up things like a decent cooldown to talent for it).

Game changing isn't necessarily a bad thing. We need to see the bigger picture here. And if that bigger picture is more healer representation, while still laughing my ass off at Paladins, well, that's definitely okay too.
    Renew is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Renew is gone.
    It is? Where's that mentioned? Apparently someone (me) is not paying enough attention.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I don't believe renew is gone.

But these cast times for lvl 90 tier talents and PoM hurts Shadow more then Disc and Holy. What I don't get is Ret/Prot paladins don't get effected by the cast time changes for their holy spells but Shadow/Boomkin do? I really don't think it's an oversight either since this is blizzard + priests were talking about.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It is? Where's that mentioned? Apparently someone (me) is not paying enough attention.
    I don't want my friend getting punished for her loose lips!

Might've read the message wrong. As far as I understood it "Renew is gone" but it might've just gone for Shadow given the direction of removing heals from the 90 talents for Shadow.

If that is true what does Shadow have left for support? Flash heal?

:l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    But these cast times for lvl 90 tier talents and PoM hurts Shadow more then Disc and Holy. What I don't get is Ret/Prot paladins don't get effected by the cast time changes for their holy spells but Shadow/Boomkin do? I really don't think it's an oversight either since this is blizzard + priests were talking about.
    T90's are instant for Shadow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    T90's are instant for Shadow.
    And also no-longer heal.

The closer these changes bring us back to BC healing the better imo. Less instant spam heals, less AoE healing and more focus on using each spell in the correct situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Perr View Post
    The closer these changes bring us back to BC healing the better imo. Less instant spam heals, less AoE healing and more focus on using each spell in the correct situation.
    More one button spam heals?

CHAINHEAL CHAINHEAL CHAINHEAL
    LIFEBLOOM LIFEBLOOM LIFEBLOOM
    CIRCLE OF HEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLING

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    More one button spam heals?

CHAINHEAL CHAINHEAL CHAINHEAL
    LIFEBLOOM LIFEBLOOM LIFEBLOOM
    CIRCLE OF HEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLING
    Haha! Is that all? I could squeeze in at least one rejuvenation between my three lifeblooms! You are obviously utterly rubbish and don't understand engaging gameplay! /s

TBC wasn't exactly a bastion of varied healing. WotLK was better and what I played in Cataclysm was approximate to the feeling of TBC only without much of the fun.

The one thing I greatly miss about healing in TBC (and something which contributed to enjoyment immensely) was the slight element of mysticism that still surrounded it. Coming across a level 60 trinket, working out the maths and realising that using Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon would be one of the smartest choices you could make despite the item being years old. Little known snippets of information like that, ways to optimise your character without turning only to gear from the latest tier... That was a huge amount of fun. Pity we won't see it again.

To stay on topic, it is a shame that PoM is getting a cast time but it is an understandably easy target for reducing mobility.

Interupts itself are not going to be removed. You still have to fakecast every class you face. You still may have to fakecast more than 1 person. PoM is/was the only reliable healing in between baiting the fakecast. Pw:S to, upto a limit, it is dispellable and costs alot of mana. Now you've to fakecast PoM too. All you've left is pw:s. Meaning you really gotta fakecast like a bawler.

To be fair I don't see this change come live. 1.5 cast time to 90 talents, I'm completely fine with. With PoM not so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If that is true what does Shadow have left for support? Flash heal?

:l
    Yes, we will do less off healing and will get more damage in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Aww yisss.
    "To make most of the WoW population happy, we'll make sure Shadow Priests still do less damage than Warlocks.*"

... *= less than half.

Calling it now.