Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why the removal of Realm first lvl 100 achievements

Not complaining, just curious if they have stated the logic behind the removal of realm first lvl 100 / prof acheives?

IIRC, can't find the twitter quotes (but they're up on MMO-C frontpage), it was only compelling for the few people who got them and encouraged behavior they didn't like to see.

ah suppose that makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id guess cause it encourage exploiting
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of encourages unhealthy gaming/living, people drinking shit loads of red bull and what ever else, and no doubt exploiting to bypass a lot of content too
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    It kind of encourages unhealthy gaming/living, people drinking shit loads of red bull and what ever else, and no doubt exploiting to bypass a lot of content too
    Really doesn't matter because that all will still happen, with or without the FoS

realm first level 90dk i wanted to go for the level 100 too
    QQ

well at least i got the level 90..

Quote Originally Posted by santrin View Post
    Really doesn't matter because that all will still happen, with or without the FoS
    Yeah I think I agree, regardless of the first acheive, i'll be hitting it as hard as possible. Love new Xpacs prolly my fav part about WoW

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Those 10-15 hours which people will play unheathily for regardless, GJ blizz.

Removing these achievements took more effort than just leaving them in. Seems ridiculous and won't change anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by santrin View Post
    But at least this way blizz are clear of "encouraging bad habits"-allegations, since it's players doing it to themselves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

Removing these achievements took more effort than just leaving them in. Seems ridiculous and won't change anything.
    they didn't remove them... they just didn't add them... so it took 0 effort on their part.

It really isn't JUST about that. It's not really a singular achievement. It's a matter of who can round up the most guildies/friends that are willing to forego getting XP while killing everything for you after you tap it once. How is that worthy of an achievement or feat of strength?

People will still race, but they wont have to deal with the PR issues of every expansion banning the World Firsts that are mega hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess it's for the better they got rid of them (or didn't add those achivs), it promotes exploitative behavior, makes people skip content like crazy. I for myself like to experience the whole WoD story-line when it will be released, quest by quest, zone by zone. I'm usually the slowest to level up, but I like it. It's like chocolate, why eat all the chocolate in one go, when you can eat it bit by bit an experience the flavor.
    Last edited by sys01; 2014-03-07 at 09:28 PM.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Realm Firsts were for like 0.0001% of the community.

Personally, I will NOT be "racing" for level 100, I would really like to enjoy the immersion in the zones with Warlords of Draenor, its probably gonna be my favorite expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SilvaAger View Post
    People will still race, but they wont have to deal with the PR issues of every expansion banning the World Firsts that are mega hyped.
    Most of them exploit/mob tag to get it though.

Because the content only last for a day and only applies to a few people.

It invites exploitive behaviour, which they don't want. Personally I agree with this statement (realm first 90 Hunter, would have gone for the realm first 100 Hunter as well), as for example our realm first level 90 was exploited. Those who spend hours on the PTR and spend a lot of gold on mats where furious, and for good reason. All he did was surf to some obscure website a day before the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    they didn't remove them... they just didn't add them... so it took 0 effort on their part.
    It took a conscious decision (MEETING AND DISCUSSION) to not put them in this time. So no you're wrong.

@Notorious on about 99% of realms this is not true. Majority of realm firsts (and even world first in MoP) was done by singles / a group of *3* people as I recall.

Majority of realm firsts are legitimate, and people will exploit regardless just like they do THE ENTIRE EXPANSION AFTERWARDS to level faster. See monkey runs, krasarang fishing village, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Because the content only last for a day and only applies to a few people.
    This.

Would you prefer realm first achievements over a raid tier?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took a conscious decision (MEETING AND DISCUSSION) to not put them in this time. So no you're wrong..
    Lol really? xD Some people, You're wrong, It took zero effort to remove them, because they were never in the game to be removed, It's not hard to see,they had a meeting, Maybe, But even so, it still took no effort to remove something, that was never there to begin with, it would however, have taken effort to add them.