Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Arrow [TV] Better Call Saul! (Breaking Bad Spinoff)

Anyone else excited for this?

It airs this November.

its also going to air alongside the walking dead spin off
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its also going to air alongside the walking dead spin off
    I thought the Walking Dead spin-off wasn't going to air until 2015.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jonathan Banks (Mike) is going to be a regular. What's not to be excited about?

Also, probably too late, but I kinda wish they'd change the title to S'all Good!, since Saul's original catchphrase was "S'all good, man!", and it contrasts with Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I thought the Walking Dead spin-off wasn't going to air until 2015.
    when they announced the spin offs they said they would air together. maybe thats changed idk, havent heard much news about either of them since they were announced
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Tonight!!! It's gonna be awesome. Zombies then Saul.

Deleted
    Can't wait untill I can watch it. I hope it lives up to its hype!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Can't wait untill I can watch it. I hope it lives up to its hype!
    "Congratulations, you've just left your family a second-hand Subaru."

We're talking about Saul, I don't think anything related to this guy can be bad
    Last edited by Haymitch; 2015-02-08 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Breaking Bad, I have zero hype for Better Call Saul though. I may look into it after a while, but as it stands it just seems to be a 'lets milk this shit while we still can' sort of deal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good first episode. The reviews for the first batch of episodes say that the pace starts to pick up after the first episode, so I'm glad to see how it goes. The reviews so far have been very solid (better than the reviews for S1 of Breaking Bad).

Not sure how I felt about the twist ending. I guess it's cool, but they can't pull that card too many times.

I think it was pretty good. I think Vince Gilligan's idea of comedy (darker than a dark comedy) is going to be pretty epic. I just loved the black and white part at the beginning which was obviously present day Saul. I can't wait for the day the series ends, which I imagine will be the episode where he sees WW is caught/dead in that neo-Nazi enclave.

Deleted
    Tight tight tight!

Loving it! Haven't laughed like this in a long time.

Lesson learned: Don't mess with Mexican grannys. It won't turn out well.

Part 2 is tonight folks!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think it was pretty good. I think Vince Gilligan's idea of comedy (darker than a dark comedy) is going to be pretty epic. I just loved the black and white part at the beginning which was obviously present day Saul. I can't wait for the day the series ends, which I imagine will be the episode where he sees WW is caught/dead in that neo-Nazi enclave.
    Wait, this show is supposed to be a comedy? I watched the first episode and I had no idea...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I have it set to DVR tonight (both episodes) and I guess I'll watch it lol. I kept getting emails from AMC since I signed up for Breaking Bad stuff so I thought the show was already on air for like 6 months or something.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Wait, this show is supposed to be a comedy? I watched the first episode and I had no idea...
    It was advertised as a dark comedy, iirc. To me, a dark comedy is something that isn't necessarily funny, but points out the absurdities of every day things. Better Call Saul may out-and-out be a drama, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It was advertised as a dark comedy, iirc. To me, a dark comedy is something that isn't necessarily funny, but points out the absurdities of every day things. Better Call Saul may out-and-out be a drama, though.
    Nah, they didn't advertise it as a comedy. Despite some of the early buzz suggesting it would be more comedy than drama (since Saul was mostly there for comic relief), Vince said that after they started working on it, it became more and more dramatic and now it's primarily a drama.

But both this and Breaking Bad have a lot of dark comedy.

Anyway, second episode was great. Huge improvement over the first. This one really felt like an episode of Breaking Bad, though I know they said that the second episode is also the most like BrBa of all the episodes in the first season.

I'm fully on board at this point, and as nice as it is to see the callbacks to Breaking Bad, what I'm really excited for is when the show breaks free of that and stands completely on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first was pretty slow, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Haven't watched the second yet, waiting for my roomate to get home so we can watch it together!
    You're a towel.

Still waiting for it to come on in an hour (I live on the west coast), so... yeah; stupid localization!

Deleted
    Loved it. Think its going to be a critic darling - great acting and same creative and unpredictable style as Breaking Bad. Will probably focus more on the quirky humor and ridiculous situations from BB rather than its violence and cliffhanger action. Packed with good actors.
    Nice with a quality tv show, in a time where only Transparent really rise above mediocrity among the recent years premieres.