Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkangarew View Post
    So I just ran a dungeon and go chewed out by very dead mage and warrior who pulled and I let die. When I said it’s my job to pull, the healers job to heal, and the dps’s job to kill what I pull. Right after I typed that they lost their minds and went on an epic 4 letter rant that I can’t post here.
    This reason I post this is to vent / rant as this lack of respect / etiquette is the main reason most of my friends stopped playing the game as is made it no fun for them.
    Got to love how good gear, the love of big pretty numbers and the occasional ahole seem to be ruining the game for so many.
    I've been and seen groups clear the heroic instances faster than it took you to rant those few lines. Think about it.

A little patience is supposed to go a long way.

...but not when the tank takes 20 seconds of downtime between pulls. Okay, perhaps I over exaggerated a bit there, but it's things like these that makes everyone frustrated and will want to ninja pull. Yes, we're supposed to do your jobs, but taking too long can be a serious problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame LFD/LFR/Xrealm features... Why? Because they helped destroy realm communities. In TBC, people would rarely ninja and act like jerks in heroics, why? Because being a dick would result in people remembering your name and not allowing you to join their pugs or guilds. There was also the blacklist which kept people in check, because if you ninja'd more than you should, you'd get written down on that list. I was on stormscale and we had a blacklist full of ass hats. One time someone was forming a raid for gruuls and atleast 8 people remembered this one dude and said to kick him. He got kicked and we finished gruuls with no problems, no jerks or ninja's. Fast forward to when LFD came out, I ran into trolls upon trolls and too many ninjas to count. As enhance it took me forever to get the fist weapons that dropped in wotlk heroics because offspec warrior tanks would take them even though they were agi and slow. It was a horrible trade, because we gave up realm communities for ease of access for heroics. It only got worse as LFR/Xrealm features were added. It's easy to keep jerks in place when it's a smaller community, but when you stretch it and allow for more people to come into your community, it's hard to constantly filter out the assholes.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So OP failed in his role, wasted people's time and was surprised they went ballistic on him?
    And about respect. Wasting people's time == disrespecting them.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Turn off or hide your chat frames when you enter a LFD or LFR.
    Problem solved.
    That, however, works for DPS in regards to raging tanks as well.

Seriously. Yes, it's the tank's job to pull - but a lot of them seem to have a ridiculous "I am the tank, you have to do what I say!!"-mentality.
    Well...no. Not when every single dps would basically be able to solo the entire dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    there should be more consequences for bad behavior in dungeons / LFD
    Like consequences for control freak tanks who want to force everyone into an absurdly slow run? I couldn't agree more! Maybe then I wouldn't have to Q my DPS as a tank just to be able to ensure a quick run for the four other people in my group. Bad tanks are such a bane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    there should be more consequences for bad behavior in dungeons / LFD / LFR etc.

the deserter buff just doesn't cut it! theres a lot of douchebags out there who troll/are dumb heads who just like to see the world of warcraft burn. I really don't know of a good soloution. Maybe a rating system, so if you group with people you can give each of them a rating. Then if someone gets rated poorly by 100+ they only get grouped priority wise with other poor rated people. probably wouldn't work ; i'm just spit balling!
    How should one rate performance? At this stage of the expansion the general expectation is tanks should pull all they can, dps should meter hog so they can send tells in guild chat on how much better they are than the other "noobs", and that healers should fall asleep with their head aimed at the keyboard . I remember one run in WotLK during late ICC where my Spriest topped everyone else up with his VE and on the last boss the healer tossed out one heal to the tank and said in chat "Didn't have to do that, but havnt done anything else all run lol".Trying to maintain to the traditional dogmas of the trinity when there is no need to to could seen as "douchebag" behaviour as you are basically wasting everyone's time.
    In saying that, I don't even know how the healer managed to let those two DPS die in the first place, but that's another matter. If the OP wants to learn tanking queuing up for randoms and pulling a pack at a time is just asking for grief, and if he knows how to tank he should spend an hour or two in Timeless Isle and start chain-pulling and living in 5.4.

I think a lot of people are making some very, very large assumptions. You're assuming that the tank is going slow, you're assuming the dps are pulling in the proper path to the next boss, you're assuming the tank isn't new to the game or on a total quest green gearset and you're making that same assumption of the healer. I've tanked since the end of BC and never had a problem with DPS pulling intelligently ahead of me, but I can count the number of times that has happened on one hand. This largely might be due to the fact that I always queue with a guild healer and my intent as a tank is to make my friend cry with pulling speed.

By far a large the dps who pull in my dungeons are running in the flat out wrong direction and facepulling easily skippable packs. The notion that "DPS do it to speed up the run" is just laughable for me. If this is the case why are the same dps who pull additional unnecessary mobs also afk half the dungeon and do 15-30k dps on bosses. Why does my healer friend wind up second in damage to me over the same dps whose interest is apparently speeding up the run. Even if they grab an unnecessary pack, as long as they vaguely wander in my direction I have no problem steam rolling the extra pack on the way to the next boss. It's 3 dps running in 3 different directions aggroing 3 different packs and either standing there out of range or single target and let the rest of the pack grab healing aggro that I just let die.

I have never not tanked and only do lfr with my offtank so it's fully possible that many tanks are bad as well, in which case two wrongs don't make a right. I'm just saying, assuming random dps running in random directions aggroing random necessary packs out of range of the healer then afking for a boss while finally catching up on the last boss to pull 15k dps is "Speeding up the run cause of slow tank" doesn't fit. You don't get to be below the healers damage while pulling things you don't need to while your focus is on speeding the run up, at least not in any sane persons mind.

Deleted
    I've been playing on european english servers for years, and a few weeks ago I rerolled on a german server to play with IRL friends (I'm half german). And damn, I'm glad I did.

The difference is mindblowing. Upbeat greetings from everybody, no flaming or anything whatsoever.
    Everyone is polite, articulate and covilized. Full sentences and punctuation included. It's amazing.

The same happened when I joined a french only flex 4 OQ group, and chatted to them in my limited french. But after wiping like four times it was still a super friendly environment. We were discussing strategies in a civilized manner and joking about cats, or something. Not a single leaver.
    I'm still getting used to it.

I haven't seen anyone speak, nevermind rage, in dungeons since Wotlk.

Quite literally.

This is pugs of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant remember the last time I gave a shit abotu what people said in 5 man Potato City. They end up getting kicked or into a frothing rage either way entertains me
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

dps pulled before the tank? i guess the tank was too slow .

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just ran a dungeon and go chewed out by very dead mage and warrior who pulled and I let die. When I said it’s my job to pull, the healers job to heal, and the dps’s job to kill what I pull. Right after I typed that they lost their minds and went on an epic 4 letter rant that I can’t post here.
    This reason I post this is to vent / rant as this lack of respect / etiquette is the main reason most of my friends stopped playing the game as is made it no fun for them.
    Got to love how good gear, the love of big pretty numbers and the occasional ahole seem to be ruining the game for so many.
    Blame blizzard for fckin up a perfectly good game to begin with resulting in this, you won't get anything out of posting it here...

I think people are extremely confused.
    Wanting to do the role you queued up as=/=control freak.
    There's also the fact that people are talking from opposite sides of the spectrum, like tanks that will literally chain pull yet have a rogue or someone that darts into the next room and pulls, then they get frustrated saying "You pull it you tank it", yet the dps come into the thread saying "Well if you're taking 20 seconds or more between pulls then of course I'm going to pull"

Neither are applicable to each other, because the situations are totally different, so it's basically arguing over nothing.

The thing to keep in mind is that creating a better community starts and ends with yourself. As long as you are polite, courteous and tolerant it doesn't matter what anyone else does. Good attitudes rub off onto others. If it gets too much to bear just leave the group.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the dps pulls, it means ur slow, if ur a full heirloomed tank and u take only 1-2packs, then ill pull another 5 for u, as dps and healer
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I am of the stance that the faster the dungeons are cleared, the better. If you've got time to be crying about people taking a piece of your "Tanking Moxie" by doing stuff a "Tank is supposed to do" you've got time to be pulling more.

Getting mad at DPS pulling is like a healer getting mad at a dps tossing out a heal. "IM THE HEALER, SO YOU SHOULD LET ME HEAL."

Grow up. Be the bigger man. Acknowledge that they're being dbags. Finish the run, drop group, insta-queue and hope for a better run. If you aren't willing to go with the flow, then don't queue.

In this thread: DPS who claim to be able to solo heroics, complaining that they died when trying to pull ahead of the tank.

Does not compute.

Deleted
    It's the mentality of the player which is at fault. It is near impossible to satisfactorily tank a dungeon below 80 as you will always get at least one elitist in full heirlooms rolling a DPS and being convinced that he can solo a dungeon without the help of a tank or healer. If you yourself do not have heirlooms then it's a waste of time trying to keep up with these people who insist on behaving this way. It's amusing because when they die it suddenly turns around to your tanking abilities to be at fault. In their mind at least.

Deleted
    people die in 5 mans? pitiful