Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

The joy of pets....

Hi,

Just getting back into the Hunter class since ICC days... loved pet classes but always found them fidly at times.

One thing that came up recently in Flex was:

I was on engineer duty on Garrosh fight. I ran over with pet on passive, sent pet in via /petattack and it used its Blinkstrikes to get up to the mini platform the engineer is on. Got it down no problem but my pet stayed up on the platform.

I tried to dismiss pet but couldnt, couldnt move the pet to me, putting it on passive didnt do anything.... it just stood up there looking pretty and did nothing the rest of the entire first phase.

Am sure the answer is fairly simple but havent played hunter for a long, long time so not sure what the solution was except not take blink strikes in future.

Any help in this would be appreciated...

Many thanks

Dranu

Tell your mildly tarded raid leader to not send a BM hunter to the belt as they are prolly the worst class at it.

EDIT: Meant engineers.. Only took me 3 days to figure out why people were so mad.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-03-11 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    lol yeah thats one way... ty :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dranu View Post
    Hi,

Just getting back into the Hunter class since ICC days... loved pet classes but always found them fidly at times.

One thing that came up recently in Flex was:

I was on engineer duty on Garrosh fight. I ran over with pet on passive, sent pet in via /petattack and it used its Blinkstrikes to get up to the mini platform the engineer is on. Got it down no problem but my pet stayed up on the platform.

I tried to dismiss pet but couldnt, couldnt move the pet to me, putting it on passive didnt do anything.... it just stood up there looking pretty and did nothing the rest of the entire first phase.

Am sure the answer is fairly simple but havent played hunter for a long, long time so not sure what the solution was except not take blink strikes in future.

Any help in this would be appreciated...

Many thanks

Dranu
    Thats not really a bug with a pet its more unintentional use. no player or pet is meant to be able to get on the platform with the engineer, and yes blink strike can get you pet up there but as its not intented for anyone to be there, there is no path down and so tends to bug.

Best solution if it must be you is not to use your pet against the engineer or not use blinkstrike either way you pet should not really be able to attack the engineer.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Thats not really a bug with a pet its more unintentional use. no player or pet is meant to be able to get on the platform with the engineer, and yes blink strike can get you pet up there but as its not intented for anyone to be there, there is no path down and so tends to bug.

Best solution if it must be you is not to use your pet against the engineer or not use blinkstrike either way you pet should not really be able to attack the engineer.
    Pretty sure our rouge is always up there with the engineer. He even asked if you can attack it from the ground.

Deleted
    just go as SV or tell your raid leader that BM is the worst class spec for that duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Tell your mildly tarded raid leader to not send a BM hunter to the belt as they are prolly the worst class at it.
    ignore this midly tarded response as it's nothing to do with your question OP.

As to actually answering your question: depending on your gear you can probably kill the engineer on flex without needing your pet. If not then just a disc priest or resto druid to come help.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a BM hunter, when I'm on engineer I put pet on passive, have it attack Garrosh and kill the engineer through shots while throwing Kill Commands on boss.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2014-03-08 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    Cheers folks... will take more care with my pet in future. Ty all for the help : )

Deleted
    How about you tell him to switch to MM or get out of the raid and find a hunter who will. If you aren't contributing to the raid then they have no reason you keep you in it and there are probably hundreds of MM hunters ready to fill in your shoes.

If you're a hunter who can't do engineers then what are you even doing in the raid? Get out and let another hunter who knows how to play MM do it.

I wish we lived in a world where it wasn't twice the work for Blizzard to make WoW pet-proof.

You can kill the engineer with arcane shots alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    How about you tell him to switch to MM or get out of the raid and find a hunter who will. If you aren't contributing to the raid then they have no reason you keep you in it and there are probably hundreds of MM hunters ready to fill in your shoes.

If you're a hunter who can't do engineers then what are you even doing in the raid? Get out and let another hunter who knows how to play MM do it.
    Or just assign literally any other ranged class and let hunters do what they're better at.

It's called utilizing the classes available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Pretty sure our rouge is always up there with the engineer. He even asked if you can attack it from the ground.
    Hmm must have issues myself then but I still would think pets are not intended to be on the platorm WITH the add and thats the issue.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    Or just assign literally any other ranged class and let hunters do what they're better at.
    What exactly are they better at that again? They are best at killing engineers because careful aim + aimed shot hits like a truck.

Yeah you could say "put a destro lock" on it but they are best at aoe so it wouldn't make sense to put your #1 aoe class on engineers when a MM hunter can do engineers just fine.

It's called do everything you can to benefit the raid as a whole.

What exactly are they better at that again? They are best at killing engineers because careful aim + aimed shot hits like a truck.

Yeah you could say "put a destro lock" on it but they are best at aoe so it wouldn't make sense to put your #1 aoe class on engineers when a MM hunter can do engineers just fine.

It's called do everything you can to benefit the raid as a whole.
    Because speccing a hugely inferior spec to kill one mob that anyone else can do better and with no issues is.. Erh.

Starting to think you're just a troll, judging by your post history.

Deleted
    anyone else can do better and with no issues is.. Erh.
    Who can do it better than hunters again other than destro locks (who are 10x more valuable to the raid AoEing)?

Deleted
    Who can do it better than hunters again other than destro locks (who are 10x more valuable to the raid AoEing)?
    Well, pretty much every class is better than a BM hunter there. That being said, OP should go Survival if the raid leader is insistent on him doing it. (Not sure why you are telling him to go MM over SV though)

Because speccing a hugely inferior spec to kill one mob that anyone else can do better and with no issues is.. Erh.

Starting to think you're just a troll, judging by your post history.
    it's not hugely inferior on single target at least >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Well, pretty much every class is better than a BM hunter there. That being said, OP should go Survival if the raid leader is insistent on him doing it. (Not sure why you are telling him to go MM over SV though)
    I agree with this, and I'll add, for as long as the adds are alive(depending on DPS) BM hunters are pretty good at burst AoE as well. So not having a warlock AoEing wouldn't be the end of the world.