10+ Year Old Account

New Conquest Rewards incoming

On last night's Trion Livestream, Lead Dev Bill "Daglar" Fisher hinted that the new Conquest will possibly get a release next week if it passes the QA Team

The PTS was updated last night with lots of new goodies to be earned from Conquest, first off, a new currency Warlord's Mark of Conquest

An idea of some of the item prices, Capes will cost 8,000 Marks and 180k favor

How the new Conquest Faction Capes look, from left to right:

Dominion -- Nightfall -- Oathsworn

The Stats on the relic versions when fully upgraded, from top to bottom

Cleric -- Mage -- Rogue -- Warrior

A new BiS (Best in Slot) Planr Focus has been added, this will also be BiS for PvE so expect tears from people "forced" to do Conquest to obtain it

Two new mounts have also been added, Eldritch Vanguard and Noble Guard White Tigers

These mounts will cost you 8,000 Warlord Marks and 250k favor each

Looks like Conquest will become "popular" again, that's a lot of Marks needed for all the shinies

Anything actually changing with conquest or is it still follow the zerg?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Anything actually changing with conquest or is it still follow the zerg?
    I fail to see how a battle with 300 players per side could be anything but a zergfest. If one side spreads out, the side that sticks together will just kill them. With the problems Rift has when so many people are in the same area I cannot understand why they even attempted a feature like this, much less make players feel forced to do it through CQ Power.

Done skillfully, I see no reason why they couldn't tune it to discourage zergfests. What if gathering nodes were vastly more important, thus forcing the raid to split up in order to reach a wider area? What if they dramatically upped the damage of AoE souls but gave melee souls a survivability buff when alone? What if they added turret emplacements that individual players could carry around, but which had to be a certain distance from each other in order to function? What about adding super long range AI-controlled catapults that specifically aim for large groups? What about adding powerups in remote locations around the map that all spawn simultaneously? They may be super inelegant solutions, but they're still potential solutions that Trion hasn't yet tried.

As I understand it, the original design for CQ was based on the idea that if your side was only actively fighting one fight at a time, then the other sides could win simply by controlling more extractors and getting more crafting resources - they didn't need to engage the zerg. Obviously that didn't work out as planned, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have with some tweaks.

Edit: Mind you, I seem to recall every time Trion DID try to break things up a bit, some players complained vehemently that what they really wanted was full scale zerg battles, so I guess you can't satisfy everyone.
    Last edited by gonterf; 2014-03-11 at 08:11 PM.