Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Heh, I found it amusing how many folks came here posting about the wrong game. It doesn't bother me in the least really
    The amusing thing is the scale is so different, I mean, the OP mentions a few hundred gold, in WoW that'd be like... pauper nowadays.

Myself, I'm at 120g in GW2 right now, I usually fluctuate between 100 and 200, but just haven't been chasing gold for a while. I used to do well with the world boss circuit. Pretty sure the money is more in dungeons, unless you're playing the market.

For the TP, I've had good luck buying some items for okay price, salvaging them and selling the rune/sigil for more than I paid for the item. (giving me a little gold, plus some ectos/ mats) By the same token, sometimes the quaggan backpack skins are cheaper for the kit (with blank white backpiece) than for the backpack alone. By the kit, sell the skin. It's not a big profit, but I've needed those white backpieces often enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just logged in and checked...been away for nearly a year and have 40 gold no idea if that is good or bad >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It's not, check the name does it say WoW champion?
    MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies
    It kind of does.

That's not the name, that's the title.

(Nailed it!)
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

That's not the name, that's the title.

(Nailed it!)
    MMO-Champion is dedicated to the MMO Champion, which is WoW (as far as the original name of the site matters). It's not like the site is a champion for MMO's or anything.

Objection your honor, speculation!

We do not know if the name is chosen as a reference to WoW, it might as well be a reference to the player.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Objection your honor, speculation!

We do not know if the name is chosen as a reference to WoW, it might as well be a reference to the player.
    Not true, it was written on the stone Tablets Of Truth upon which the site was formed! You can't just make stuff up on the internet.

But yeah, no, I've no clue myself, I've just seen it brought up by mod's before when the subject was raised. I could be wrong, they could be wrong, but meh, it sounds workable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just logged in and checked...been away for nearly a year and have 40 gold no idea if that is good or bad >.<
    I would say average for many players now, especially those that play casually.
    For me it changes up and down but if I have to look at what I earn every week, this is what I earn in about 3-5 days on normal days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I've added GW2 to the title as requested.
    I'm sorry but can you please remove gw2 from the title as this is my thread. I am also cooler than you, so I know the majority of my allies in the gw2 forums will agree with me and say; "remove gw2 from the title".

O_O I Hate you all.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    205g, bought t3 human on both my guardian and warrior, also bought Genesis and 2 jade skins, only things in this game you need money for are legendaries and ascended gear.

Forgot to mention skins, need money for those unless you get lucky with the rng boxes. As for how i got it, i found a few abyss/celestial dyes, also traded in some gems for gold when they had the ludicrous conversion rate.
    Last edited by mmoc8e0b60d5b6; 2014-03-09 at 01:54 AM.

A few hundred. I just played the game for the most part. A few dungeon runs, event trains, etc. But I am not too into that stuff to really put any long term effort into such.

There is like nothing I spend gold on though. So the cumulative build up probably accounts for some of the gold too.

Deleted
    How much do I have? Zero
    Most I ever had at one point though was around 105g I think & that all went on keep upgrades, bag slots etc.

Richest I ever was was 117 Plat` ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 2000. I bought around 200g earlier, then got some lucky drops that I sold laters. Good stuff.
    Hi

I am sitting on 230 atm, most I ever had was a little over 1k. In reality I am actually in the red though since all of it is slowly draining into daily mat crafts, as planned.

Also unlike most people here apparently cough cough, I would guesstimate that I have converted at least 200 dollars to gold since launch.

Deleted
    I started playing again around 3 weeks ago and had 40g now i have around 600g, 90% of it is from wvw blobbing and selling crafting mats from lootbags/salvaging etc i haven't really got anything for big money yet, best drops are a few runes of divinity/traveler. Luckily guardians get easy bags 11111111111 easy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 70 gold atm, bought 350 gems for a Visual kit for my Norn though, so i was at 100ish. I lack the patience to farm or flip items in the tp, i just play the game, hoard the mats, and then when i cant "Deposit Collectible" anymore then i empty it and sell everything on TP, and repeat process.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I lack the patience to farm or flip items in the tp, i just play the game, hoard the mats, and then when i cant "Deposit Collectible" anymore then i empty it and sell everything on TP, and repeat process.
    This is how I usually play in other MMOs and I become effortlessly rich. Doesn't work in GW2 though. >_<
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

so tempted to spend 80g to get the "increase stack size to 500 in your storage" thing on the gem store.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I played for a bit at launch, gold was much harder to make...anything I had I think went into exotic gear for my guardian before I ended up quitting.

When I came back a couple weeks ago I had about 9 gold left, got a lucky drop doing Escape from LA events and ended up at 25 gold by the time I got my mesmer to 80, now I'm back down to roughly 8 gold after buying her exotic gear and a weapon.

I haven't had a chance to do any world completion, jumping puzzles, or gathering of any type though so I'm hoping that will make me some gold, or at least save me some when I get around to start crafting a legendary weapon.