Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just hate the level cap and how unbalanced the abilities are. I hate to point this out, but in pokemon, if you really liked your team, you could just outlevel your opponent and beat them anyway. But in wow? Nope, not only are they the same level, but you are capped at rare quality while they can be epic or legendary quality. It's bullshit and made me just give up pet battling. Leveling isn't fun and if I can't use the pets I want (I did have a decent variety) then I just won't participate. I feel it should not only be about having the best pets to beat your opponent, but there should also be an option to go with your favorite pets and at least stand a chance. But unless you run a cheese build or completely block every move your opponent makes, you will lose.

This is all pve fights.

Moves that are supposed to be a 100% chance to hit missing. Like seriously, how can a 100% hit chance move miss? Blood in the water is a perfect example. Oh, you have a bleed up? MISS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Moves that are supposed to be a 100% chance to hit missing. Like seriously, how can a 100% hit chance move miss? Blood in the water is a perfect example. Oh, you have a bleed up? MISS!
    OH that shit is stupid, just like my new favorite BS :

Use Death adders 100% blind/miss move and i still get hit by multi hit attacks (like stampede, flock, hunting party). This is a silly bug, the enemy has a 100% CHANCE TO MISS and they pull a few hits out of their asses. I have lost a few PVP matches because of this.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

I feel like stealing some of the scumbag moves from this thread just to get achievements out of the way, I'm close to having all pet achieves done so it would be nice.

Sorry if I bump into you!

I love my little UV, but I honestly think she is far over-rated, it's 90% of battles.

Offtopic, but Celestial tournament was an excellent addition, Xu-fu is gorgeous and actually brings back memories to me of the days when having the whelps was super rare, it's a total LOOK AT ME special snowflake pet, and the fact I have a blue transmog with blue hair and blue eyes and a blue pet and a blue pet pet makes me happy. It's not "hard" to get, time consuming for the perfect team, but the mini celestials are worth it in looks alone.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-03-26 at 04:56 AM.

Honestly, I don´t want every pet battle to be 5 rounds long, but I hate any pvp team that is based around making your opponent quit out of boredom. I seriously don´t know how people can stand to play those teams more than once a night.

But really, what has been mentioned before. I would love if Blizzard added a ´one of each pet per team´ rule. Usually when they mess up balance, the first thing you see right afterwards is a 3x that pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I just hate the level cap and how unbalanced the abilities are. I hate to point this out, but in pokemon, if you really liked your team, you could just outlevel your opponent and beat them anyway. But in wow? Nope, not only are they the same level, but you are capped at rare quality while they can be epic or legendary quality. It's bullshit and made me just give up pet battling. Leveling isn't fun and if I can't use the pets I want (I did have a decent variety) then I just won't participate. I feel it should not only be about having the best pets to beat your opponent, but there should also be an option to go with your favorite pets and at least stand a chance. But unless you run a cheese build or completely block every move your opponent makes, you will lose.

This is all pve fights.
    If you want to use your favorite pets, why not use them against the types that they're hard counters to?

For example, if you want to level your favorite beast pet -- take him to the area below Dalaran and grind on the prevalent critter-types there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    If you want to use your favorite pets, why not use them against the types that they're hard counters to?

For example, if you want to level your favorite beast pet -- take him to the area below Dalaran and grind on the prevalent critter-types there.
    The problem isn't random battles, it's trainers. Like the one at the darkmoon faire and of course the celestial tournament. They have predetermined pets and if my favorites don't line up with them, aren't level 25, aren't rare, then I don't stand a chance. It's beyond discouraging and just made me quit pet battling. It doesn't have the same feel as pokemon, but in a lot of wrong ways. It makes me sad, because I was really looking forward to the feature when it was first announced. Now I don't touch it. I also found that xp from pet battles is so terribly low now it isn't really a valid alternative to questing. Other than actually getting the pets, it no longer has any redeeming value to me.

triple rhino's. luck with stuns. Somehow I kept running into a load of guys (or maybe just the same guy) using these. I even already had pets that they're weak to and the battles still grated on my nerves. If you don't have the right pets you either might be screwed based on the charge spam or you get lucky but the battle takes ages. You could have done 3-4 pvp battles in the time it takes to finish this one. Or you have the pets and you wait as you slowly whittle him down due to how slow this still is.

Its just one example really. But the pet battles, they are quite a new feature and thus need loads of refinement. We have to provide the feedback to blizz on this stuff.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-03-27 at 04:04 AM.

The problem isn't random battles, it's trainers. Like the one at the darkmoon faire and of course the celestial tournament. They have predetermined pets and if my favorites don't line up with them, aren't level 25, aren't rare, then I don't stand a chance. It's beyond discouraging and just made me quit pet battling. It doesn't have the same feel as pokemon, but in a lot of wrong ways. It makes me sad, because I was really looking forward to the feature when it was first announced. Now I don't touch it. I also found that xp from pet battles is so terribly low now it isn't really a valid alternative to questing. Other than actually getting the pets, it no longer has any redeeming value to me.
    I've just found this to be an excuse to level more pets and try out new strategies. It's not Pokemon, where you bond to your best friends FOREVER AND EVER, it's a puzzle-solving game where you get 570+ pieces to play with.

1) Misses. Just remove them. Instead of 10% chance to miss, achieve same effect by 10% chance to do half damage, or just make random damage ranges instead of binary hit/miss.

2) RNG in general, but misses are the chief offender.

3) Pet arena is kind of retarded, apart from all the broken combos dominating gameplay, pet battles are designed around selecting the right team to beat a pet/trainer, whereas PVP puts you up against a random team. Means counters (which pet PVE revolves around) are irrelevant, you just have to pick a team that's going to be as bullshit OP as possible in all circumstances.

Other than that I really love pet battles. Hope we see more masters/beasts of fable/tournament style content in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by FalinMor View Post
    Xu-Fu = Yeti/Bunny/Broom.

Literally never fails. Never.
    IIRC, I used to use a pet with Call Lightning, a Clockwork Gnome for the turret, then a Zandalari raptor for Hunting Party. Annihilated him. There's probably better combos, but that's what I had on me at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Changed since last patch, "always hits" = 100% hit now, ie can be reduced below 100% by effects. It sucks.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-03-28 at 04:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkspur View Post
    I've just found this to be an excuse to level more pets and try out new strategies. It's not Pokemon, where you bond to your best friends FOREVER AND EVER, it's a puzzle-solving game where you get 570+ pieces to play with.
    If leveling pets wasn't so damn boring. WTB expShare for WoW pets.

If leveling pets wasn't so damn boring. WTB expShare for WoW pets.
    Yeah, I feel that. I do ~3 pets a day by going through the Pandaren, Northrend, and Cata trainers, and that's about what I'm good for.

I've found hanging out in the level this pet thread on the official forums ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11763926986 ) helps my drive to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Changed since last patch, "always hits" = 100% hit now, ie can be reduced below 100% by effects. It sucks.
    Not too sure what you mean, but I will give an example. I put a bleed on a frog with my chuck pet. Next turn I hit blood in the water. I had no effects on me that reduce hit chance. Still miss. Granted, I have not done any pet battles in 5.4, so I do not know if that still happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    was just flying around casually in northrend and picked up 2 more random valks..... tripple unborn valk is well no comment. I wont do it I wont lower myself
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done