Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    SOMEONE GOT IT.
    I've said this a lot of times already -_-'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Did you know that I actually expected you to defend Blizzard on this decision? I'm pretty pleasantly surprised, Pancaspe. Not that I'm implying that you are here to please me or anything.
    Me too, I had to read that twice myself to believe it lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I'm still not sure what I'm scared of, and he won't tell me. I think he's trolling me.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Then explain it to me! I'm begging for your wisdom!
    I said. You don't want to lose the comfort zone of flying. Is it that hard to get?

10+ Year Old Account
    As have I, nobody is being forced to fly, yet there are those who would happily applaud others being forced to walk and it continues to confuse me.

I said. You don't want to lose the comfort zone of flying. Is it that hard to get?
    WHY SHOULD WE LOSE ANYTHING? Is it that hard to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    You cannot put something as fundamental as flying in the game, and then remove it.

If there is no flying in WOD I would not be happy with that decision.
    I honestly don't know why they didn't go the route of MoP where you don't get flying till the cap. all this talk of "exploring" died the 3rd fucking time I had to roll through valley of the four winds. and I really have to wonder how many of these "no flying" guys actually bother to run around on ground mounts most of the time.

this whole things stinks of a small segment trying to push their gaming style on everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I won't deny that the end of the Lich King would mean the end of the story for many players. I'm not sure that those players numbered in the millions, however.
    Maybe not. However, where 1 might have stepped off the train because the story ended - they might have had 2 or 3 friends that left shortly after because their friend left. Those 2 or 3 friends might not have quit because the story ended but because the friend that they played the game with quit.

As a side note, when I left EQ1 - I found out later that the guild basically disbanded because I wasn't the only one that got off the train. Several left after I did. I'd like to point out that there was absolutely no drama surrounding me leaving. We said goodbyes and on good terms. Heard some of them went to WoW too back in the day, which was no real surprise.

The point is, people quit for many reasons - it's not always due to some rage inducing thing.
    Last edited by Raeln; 2014-03-13 at 06:38 PM.

If this was true (which it probably isn't), I think it'd be nice to see all the entitled convenience babies leave the game. Will probably make for a better atmosphere and community.

Not to mention that no flying is awesome.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2014-03-13 at 06:42 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't bother with ganking. I just prefer the scope that is more easily conveyed when people are restricted to the ground. Flying also detaches players from the zones they level in - which is why few people really cared for the 80 - 85 zones aside from Vash'jir hate.
    The highlighted portion is personal opinion, not fact. As for people disliking Cataclysm, it was the feeling of being disjointed. In TBC, Wrath, and MoP, alll of the zones were together. In WoD, they will be again. In Cata, you HAD to quest in order to unlock portals into these zones and could not just move seamlessly from one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    but here is the kicker.

I can bet none of them quit the game with the reason, "Damn you blizzard for allowing us to fly."

For all the problems of Cata and MoP have - flying was not one of them.
    We don't know that. Flying was a real upset for PvP servers. I imagine that some quit (or claimed to) due to that back during TBC/Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    As have I, nobody is being forced to fly, yet there are those who would happily applaud others being forced to walk and it continues to confuse me.
    Because people do a poor job at hiding their agendas.

There really isn't a pro for removing flying past level cap, besides for the sake of a vocal minority of (unskilled) PvP'ers as well as maximizing subscription time.

Kills immersion? Use a ground mount.

Same excuse as for those who roll on PvP servers.

Don't want to PvP? - DON'T ROLL ON ONE.

WANT THE WORLD OPENED UP? - DON'T USE A FLYING MOUNT.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2014-03-13 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    I honestly don't know why they didn't go the route of MoP where you don't get flying till the cap. all this talk of "exploring" died the 3rd fucking time I had to roll through valley of the four winds. and I really have to wonder how many of these "no flying" guys actually bother to run around on ground mounts most of the time.
    They did better in LK when they allowed people to fly on subsequent leveled toons. In pandaria being forced back to the ground on every alt was irritating, there is a reason I quit for the majority of the expansion, I don't need that level of tedium, I enjoyed the quests the long way once, I don't need to repeat the experience on every character I have.

Then don't use a flying mount when you're going to explore.
    damn why didn't i thought of that. so how does flying enhance exploration?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    Being able to fly diminishes the quests you do while leveling, as well as how you first enter the zone. Not sure how being able to fly at max level makes that happen though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact you tried to call me out as a ganker proves that you're grasping at straws. You guys have little argument against no-flying.
    Proponents of no-fly zones have ulterior motives just like proponents of flying. I like to fly for exploration, and gathering nodes. What is your reason for wanting everyone on the ground? Only real reason to ground people is to incite world PvP. As I am on a PvE realm, this is not a concern for me. No flying would be more an inconvenience than a tool for immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    SNIP....

p.s. I'm sorry about my bad English, it is not my mother language.
    At this point in WOW's life, you do not remove a staple part of the game that has been important to nearly every player for 7 years as well as sell items for additional cash that are suppose to fly and then remove all that in current content where everyone wants to be, just so you can experiment with the paying subscriber and how far they will go when you piss them off.

Not a logical business move so I would argue with you in that blizzard knows what they are currently doing.

Kind of funny how you get a unique flying mount with the CE... which you might not even be able to use in WoD. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They did better in LK when they allowed people to fly on subsequent leveled toons. In pandaria being forced back to the ground on every alt was irritating, there is a reason I quit for the majority of the expansion, I don't need that level of tedium, I enjoyed the quests the long way once, I don't need to repeat the experience on every character I have.
    indeed, it feeds into just how painfully linear the questing experience has gotten.

Ya know considering I have 213 mounts I'd be highly peeved if I can't use over half of them for an entire expansion. Seriously all that farming and hard work would pretty much be flushed down the toilet!

Being able to fly diminishes the quests you do while leveling, as well as how you first enter the zone. Not sure how being able to fly at max level makes that happen though.
    I was amused when I took an alt through Uldum and flew right into the zone looking for quests and found.. none. Then I remembered that I had to go back to Tanaris and start the breadcrumb chain to start Uldum due to phasing.

Just one small example how flying can break the story the developers are trying to tell. Without flying, the only way into Uldum would have been through the gate where the breadcrumb quest is at.