Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Basicly every company, country and scientific research company uses current data and statistics to predict the future with accuracy and plan accordingly. And with succes.

Your turn.
    That works out absolutely fine for me. If I'm to believe that then I can easily believe both Chilton saying that WoWs subs will not rise and his speculation on how no flying will pan out. I'm not the one who willingly chooses to disregard speculation on one thing because it doesn't suit my agenda. If one or neither aren't successful then your statement is not as clear cut as you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    "You have not, you have not, you have not!"

May i ask how old you are?
    I thought you were clear about not insulting people. You're making it a bit muddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You should consider that whole Bronn thing tho.... would be pretty awesome.
    I'll consider it. He needs to hire me and I don't come cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    It's not a statistic though. You have no numerical or quantifiable evidence to call it a statistic. You are literally calling it something that it isn't.
    Just for clarification: The dude wasn't calling future speculation "statistics". He clearly says that speculation is based on statistics of previous years, which have been taken. It might do you good to read a bit more carefully before you go on a big tirade.

Deleted
    That works out absolutely fine for me. If I'm to believe that then I can easily believe both Chilton saying that WoWs subs will not rise and his speculation on how no flying will pan out. I'm not the one who willingly chooses to disregard speculation on one thing because it doesn't suit my agenda.
    Yes, i can believe Chilton if he says the subs are going down. As the statistics show evidence about it.
    No, that does not mean, i have to believe in everything chilton says. And i surely do not believe in his design agenda, and i surely dont believe in his PR where he talks about customer feedback, as customer feedback never had influence on the implementation of a core game change before. Designers like holinka even call it "blackmailing" when people make public polls.

Its really fun you act as if i had to either believe or disbelieve everything chilton says if i believed of disbelieved a single statement he brought.

Thats the typical behaviour of a kid.

I thought you were clear about not insulting people. You're making it a bit muddy.
    No, i am just asking for your age.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-10-07 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, i can believe Chilton if he says the subs are going down. As the statistics show evidence about it.
    No, that does not mean, i have to believe in everything chilton says. And i surely do not believe in his design agenda, and i surely dont believe in his PR where he talks about customer feedback, as customer feedback never had influence on the implementation of a core game change before.
    Well then we're going to have to agree to disagree on that matter.

Its really fun you act as if i had to either believe or disbelieve everything chilton says if i believed of disbelieved a single statement he brought.

Thats the typical behaviour of a kid.
    Again, you're pretty leniant with this whole "don't insult me" thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    Just for clarification: The dude wasn't calling future speculation "statistics". He clearly says that speculation is based on statistics of previous years, which have been taken. It might do you good to read a bit more carefully before you go on a big tirade.
    Probably, and seeing as that is the case then I apologise for going off on a big tirade.

Deleted
    Again, you're pretty leniant with this whole "don't insult me" thing.
    It would be an insult if i would call you a childish hypocrite

Its no insult if i think that generalization is the typical behaviour of a kid.

And its surely nothing bad if someone is young.

I thought you had me on ignore. I was kinda hoping you'd be able to break your compulsive lying streak but maybe another day .
    Why do I picture you surrounded by stuffed animals who are your "friends"

I did put you on ignore, but I missed your over the top troll posts. Every thread has a super troll. I get you do not want flying to come back.

Removing it is going to upset people and I get a feeling you are the kind of person who thrives on misery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Why do I picture you surrounded by stuffed animals who are your "friends"
    Don't ask me that sounds really weird and worrying.

I did put you on ignore, but I missed your over the top troll posts. Every thread has a super troll. I get you do not want flying to come back.
    Calling you out for threadspamming is trolling now. Alright. And somehow posting multiple threads on the same topic to garner attention isn't trolling. This is a strange world we live in.

Removing it is going to upset people and I get a feeling you are the kind of person who thrives on misery.
    Well that's a horrible misconception. What do I have to gain from flying being removed if I'm in the same boat as everyone else? I think you're just being mean now. And misery? That's another horrible overstatement. Personally if anyone is actually miserable over changes to flying then there might be some underlying issues that need to be addressed.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-10-07 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It absolutely will be because Blizzard caved. This is simply another if Blizz's attempt to try and stretch content... make it last longer.
    It's simply not. Flying is disabled because they added new solutions to the 5.0 - 5.1 daily quest onslaught that was the only tier content available in zones. Flying isn't disabled on Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle to make content last longer, it's to not trivialize the content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    First of all...let's try and pretend that not most of the actual pvp servers are not heavily faction imbalanced as per the choice of the MAJORITY OF PLAYERS to avoid wpvp yet still be on a pvp centric server...

Let's try and pretend that.

Second...flight, was the escape tool of choice used by the GANKEE, not the GANKER. The Ganker...is for the most part a rogue or druid stealth minded, heavy hitting class. As such, the removal of flight is going to hurt the person trying to run from the encounter and avoid being camped, versus the one instigating it.

Sooo yeah, removing it isn't gonna phase the rogue. He's gonna be long gone in the safety of his stealth, long before you can find a way to conviince your friends to stop the mundane shit they were doing to come help your sorry ass.

I can picture it now. Guy takes 3-4 minutes to go the round about way, over the bridge up the slightly sloping path...hop over a rock fight a few fucking needless mobs along the way to get some stupid quest done (that's not unlike the last 3 dozen or so quests he's just completed) and half way through you message him in a private chat to come help you, and your a zone and a half away.

Yeah..."fuck you." is the response you'd get from me. "go thank blizzard for removing the easy tools for me to go help you."

Of course, this is IF we pretend that the pvp servers are not so heavily faction imbalanced that this scenario won't happen anyways...

lol.
    You've heard of CRZ haven't you? Go hang out in hellfire on illidan horde, you'll get ganked by plenty classes, not just stealth. Besides, the discussion is irrelevant, flight removal is not being done with any regard to PVP what-so-ever.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    It's simply not. Flying is disabled because they added new solutions to the 5.0 - 5.1 daily quest onslaught that was the only tier content available in zones. Flying isn't disabled on Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle to make content last longer, it's to not trivialize the content.

I'm fine with a few select zones made no fly... I can just not go there if I choose... but I can't choose to NOT go to Dreanor... well I can by simply unsubbing. So I'll consume the content as quickly as I can, and because I can't fly my alts around to level them... I'll bail on the game like I did the past 2 years. And then noone wins... I don't get the high I used to get from WoW... Blizzard loses money, and my server misses out on having yet another good player gone.

Actually I'm better than good.. I'm DAMN GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I'm fine with a few select zones made no fly... I can just not go there if I choose... but I can't choose to NOT go to Dreanor... well I can by simply unsubbing. So I'll consume the content as quickly as I can, and because I can't fly my alts around to level them... I'll bail on the game like I did the past 2 years. And then noone wins... I don't get the high I used to get from WoW... Blizzard loses money, and my server misses out on having yet another good player gone.

Actually I'm better than good.. I'm DAMN GOOD!
    Did you completely ignore Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle on your characters? No-fly isn't that bad in my opinion but you obviously shouldn't play a game that makes you unhappy, that's sort of the opposite of what they're supposed to do.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Did you completely ignore Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle on your characters? No-fly isn't that bad in my opinion but you obviously shouldn't play a game that makes you unhappy, that's sort of the opposite of what they're supposed to do.
    I just came back from 2 years away form game. Yes.. I skipped Isle of Thunder completely... though i killed a few dinomancers on Isle of Giants to get the dinomancer book and tame a "triceratops". I did pickup my welfare epics on the Timeless Isle.. then left. Perfect example... I don't want to engage any of the stupid yakheads on the isle, but often I spend a bit of time having to dismount, run, leash, feign death, invis... or simply wait til some other player aggros them and gets ganked while I happily sally forth.

I don't LIKE that playstyle.. having to fight my way with BOOOOOOORING combat just to get to another part of the island to camp Huolon. And now an entire expansion may be like that? That's not content, that's tedium... No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    It already is for DKs and Paladins.
    they nerfed that speed too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    they nerfed that speed too...
    Fortunately the Garrison stables will give that speed to everyone

http://warlords-of-draenor.com/wod-g...table-preview/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For level 3 you will get buff that gives you 20% speed increase for out world! You can get upto 6 new mounts with this building! To get mounts you will need to do daily quest what is about taming the beast and after that you will get daily quest that until your little tamed beast will become a mount!

Fortunately the Garrison stables will give that speed to everyone

http://warlords-of-draenor.com/wod-g...table-preview/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For level 3 you will get buff that gives you 20% speed increase for out world! You can get upto 6 new mounts with this building! To get mounts you will need to do daily quest what is about taming the beast and after that you will get daily quest that until your little tamed beast will become a mount!
    /facepalm...

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm...
    Not sure what that was all about. You said their speed was nerfed, and I responded saying everyone was getting that boost (if they level their garrison). But, if it was just to troll, then you succeeded.

Not sure what that was all about. You said their speed was nerfed, and I responded saying everyone was getting that boost (if they level their garrison). But, if it was just to troll, then you succeeded.
    bringing up stables doesn't change the fact that you are wrong about paladins and deathknights, but you can't admit being wrong, just call someone trolling for pointing out the blatent obvious. in fact they are nerfing everyone's mounted speed across the board with how they have changed how speed works in the game, even if they cake in the 10% movement speed from being guilded(which i don't think they have as of yet but i could be wrong) stables just brings you back up to the speed you were at prior to 6.0 stables isn't some fortunate thing, not to mention stables buff only works on dreanor, people are still moving slower in old content, flying or grounded.

but you can't admit being wrong, just call someone trolling for pointing out the blatent obvious.
    It's his new favorite thing, dismissing people calling him out on trolling or throwing out strawmen and then he himself saying everyone else is trolling and throwing out strawmen...

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's his new favorite thing, dismissing people calling him out on trolling or throwing out strawmen and then he himself saying everyone else is trolling and throwing out strawmen...
    i wanna eat you

10+ Year Old Account
    bringing up stables doesn't change the fact that you are wrong about paladins and deathknights,
    Never said I wasn't wrong. You proved me wrong, and I did not refute it. I simply moved on to a silver lining for the speed boost, but, if it makes you feel better:

I was WRONG about the Paladin and DK speeds in WoD.

Better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You know nothing John Snow. I admitted I was wrong. Though the basic conversational fact that I did not refute him TELLING me I was wrong implied I accepted that I was wrong and moved on to the brighter side of th conversation. But, with your hand over your face like that makes it hard to see the conversation through your own bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    i wanna eat you

I didn't realise there were statistics pulled from the future that showed WoWs subscriptons over a several year basis past 2014? Are you a time traveler? Nah, just a hypocrite. I'm not trying to discredit you you're doing that quite easily by yourself.
    Misdirected, derailing bullshit. Typical of you.

The sub #'s as they've existed to date are the prime data source and some very simple extrapolation from there shows what's coming -- provided nothing changes the trend in any signficant way.

WoW sub peak = Wrath 7th and 8th quarter (four years + into the games lifespan), approx. 12-Million.

By end of Cata (just 2 years later) subs were down ~2.4-Million (average 300k loss per quarter). That's ~20% of all the subs extant at the time.

Currently in MoP (just 4 years in subs are now down to ~6.8-Million (average 350k loss per quarater for the xpac). That's ~5.2-million and an ~43% loss of all subs since Wrath ended and an additional ~2.8-Million subs lost in addition to Cata.

The trend itself (again if nothing changes) shows a possible ~6.1-Million sub loss by the end of MoP (that would be another ~900k in MoP's final quarter) for a sub total of only ~5.88-Million, which would be a ~51% loss of all subs since Wrath.

So the "average" sub loss per xpac would be --

1) based on the current 5.2-million subs lost = 2.75-million subs per expansion; or
    2) based on the projected trend of 6.1-million subs lost = 3.05-million per expansion.

In event #1 (again presume nothing changes) WoD would end with (current 6.8-million minus 2.75-million = ~4.05-million subs and the following xpac would end with only ~1.3-million. Though perhaps enough to "keep the lights on" the game would be, for all intents and purposes, dead in the water and not worth Blizz's time to keep it a high-priority development venue.

In event #2 (again presume nothing changes) WoD would end with (projected 5.88-million minus 3.05-million = ~2.83-million and the following xpac would collapse somewhere in its second half due to a complete lack of players.

If, in any way, this flight move alienates enough customers to accelerate the sub trend loss WoD might end up being WoW's final expansion.

Don't need to be "from the future" to see what's possible by looking at the past and using more than 2 brain cells.