This thread is still a thing?
    OP and iirc half this thread might get Ebola at this rate!
    We have a pandemic of entitled players!
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Boy oh boy. This thread is like Flintstones vitamins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Nah, just bored of repeating same things over and over, quite pointless actually.
    ^This

I skim the thread to see if anyone has anything of value to say every day, but its usually just more people like barkloud regurgitating the same nonsense and conspiracy theories that in their warped views are considered legitimate factual arguments.

I had my fair share of those crap circular arguments already.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    the same nonsense and conspiracy theories that in their warped views are considered legitimate factual arguments.
    SNIP....
    Nothing nonsense or conspiracy theory about the enjoyment I get at max level with flying or that the game isn't better because I have to ride on the ground. It's the same crap, you just can't fly.

There is no conspiracy theory or nonsense about blizzard removing flying in WoD content and yet still selling it their cash shop. Still a dick business move that shouldn't be supported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    ^This

I skim the thread to see if anyone has anything of value to say every day, but its usually just more people like barkloud regurgitating the same nonsense and conspiracy theories that in their warped views are considered legitimate factual arguments.

I had my fair share of those crap circular arguments already.
    I've basically left the thread because the remaining Anti-flight posters aren't interested in a real discussion.

They take what we say, reword it, changing what we've said so that they are able to frame an argument against it. They are only interested in "winning" an argument, not at debating an issue and discovering how others view the subject. Their attempts to "coax the truth from us" is not intended at "truth" it's intended to twist our thoughts to a direction they can argue against.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Nothing nonsense or conspiracy theory about the enjoyment I get at max level with flying or that the game isn't better because I have to ride on the ground. It's the same crap, you just can't fly.

There is no conspiracy theory or nonsense about blizzard removing flying in WoD content and yet still selling it their cash shop. Still a dick business move that shouldn't be supported.
    No matter what the anti-flight crowd says, they can't change what and how I enjoy playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

I would say most people enjoy flying at max level. I do. But it is not the only enjoyment I get out of the game and I am happy that it is going away for at least one patch. Quitting the game over flying just seems kind of petty. If all you like to do is fly over 90% of the content the game has to offer then why are you playing anyway?

And it actually makes sense for Blizzard to sell flight capable mounts in their store. Yes we know your going to be spending most of your time on Draenor but there will be times you end up going back to the old zones for whatever reasons and when I do I would hate it if my mount I paid my hard earned money for was STILL grounded. Selling hybrid mounts is a perfectly reasonable thing to do so you can maximize its use no matter where you are in the world.

The only issue (for me) is how they have advertised these mounts. And it was really only 2 in particular (the skyreaver and dread raven). The descriptions that accompanied these mounts is definitely misleading and a little on shady side. Aside from those 2 there really arent any other examples. The new RAF mount and Grinning Reaver are both flight capable mounts but look like ground mounts (meaning they have no visible wings and they dont imply you will be able to fly around Draenor in the new xpac). I think your taking it a little too personal.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsim View Post
    It was an honest question tbh. But i assume that you went back and read it, and realized how stupid everything you wrote was.

So wondering if someone reads what they type is an "honest question"? That would seem unlikely unless maybe you have somehow been prone to doing so (most people would find that pretty difficult).

And still, even your second reply gives no attempt to rebut the post that prompted your "honest question". You appear consistent if nothing else.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2014-10-16 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    First of all, only the first and last 2 are facts.
    {snip}
    You, are a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Edriden View Post
    I would say most people enjoy flying at max level. I do. But it is not the only enjoyment I get out of the game and I am happy that it is going away for at least one patch. Quitting the game over flying just seems kind of petty. If all you like to do is fly over 90% of the content the game has to offer then why are you playing anyway?
    I like to fly over hte content I've done and seen. That worthless content that no longer has my attention. The content I'm going to skip be it flying or on the ground. Being a bit efficient at it doesn't kill wow.

I want to get to my questing area and actually do the quest I picked up at max level. That worthless garbage slowing me down from getting their at max level isn't fun or entertaining. It never has been. Running from plaguelands FP to strath = Not entertaining. It was a waste of time because even if every mob stunned or dazed me, I had to kill them. It would still be a waste and not entertaining.

Since I have to land to interact with anything, namely the quest at max level I picked up and want to do. Slowing me down getting there just isn't fun.

And thats not taking into account the business move blizzard is pulling here which I don't agree with. I have no problem with businesses trying to make money. How they go about it though can cause a problem for me. Blizzard is currently in my problem area with this no flyng yet selling flying. Stringing players along instead of just making a decision but they don't want to hurt box sales so they kinda put up this carrot on a stick PR/marketing scenario. It's a let the buyer beware and thats just not good.

And it actually makes sense for Blizzard to sell flight capable mounts in their store. Yes we know your going to be spending most of your time on Draenor but there will be times you end up going back to the old zones for whatever reasons and when I do I would hate it if my mount I paid my hard earned money for was STILL grounded. Selling hybrid mounts is a perfectly reasonable thing to do so you can maximize its use no matter where you are in the world.
    So your saying is, its fine to sell flying mounts for content you spend 90% of your time in but at max level cannot use it to it's fullest extent like every expansion this game has ever had but that 10% is what makes it OK for them to do it?

Yea, I can't go along with that.

The only issue (for me) is how they have advertised these mounts. And it was really only 2 in particular (the skyreaver and dread raven). The descriptions that accompanied these mounts is definitely misleading and a little on shady side. Aside from those 2 there really arent any other examples. The new RAF mount and Grinning Reaver are both flight capable mounts but look like ground mounts (meaning they have no visible wings and they dont imply you will be able to fly around Draenor in the new xpac). I think your taking it a little too personal.
    Not personal at all. business is business and thats all I have with blizzard. (Or all I used to have)

However, to expand on what you are saying. 2 mounts are being sold and are clearly playing off their ability to fly. Every other mount is pictured flying and not a single one is shown on the ground. Their not selling ground mounts that can fly. Their selling flying mounts that can also be used on the ground. While that sounds strangely similar, intent is a big deal for me and blizzard intent is to sell a flying mount.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-10-16 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noybbs View Post
    This is one of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen. No one can be this clueless, can they?
    Funny how you don't actually tell me how I'm wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    It has been pretty quiet. Maybe the anti flyers have had a change of heart. There has been significant compelling evidence that flight is good for the game that is hard to argue with. It has been a good debate to date. Thoroughly enjoyable.
    Wow you're full of it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how you don't actually tell me how I'm wrong.
    He did, read again.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Aberzombie View Post
    You, are a liar.
    Another person failing to explain themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    He did, read again.
    Not that I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I see.
    It starts at 7th word. Ends right there too.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It starts at 7th word. Ends right there too.
    So really what your saying is, like him, you have no argument. Got it.

Don't worry, I get it. You like to skip the world in an RPG and fly around like Superman. I understand. Now it's time to come to reality and realize its OP and bad for the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    So wondering if someone reads what they type is an "honest question"? That would seem unlikely unless maybe you have somehow been prone to doing so (most people would find that pretty difficult).

And still, even your second reply gives no attempt to rebut the post that prompted your "honest question". You appear consistent if nothing else.
    You can't refute stupid stupidity. So frankly I'm not even gonna try.

10+ Year Old Account
    So really what your saying is, like him, you have no argument. Got it.
    Look who's talking.
    Don't worry, I get it. You like to skip the world in an RPG and fly around like Superman. I understand. Now it's time to come to reality and realize its OP and bad for the game.
    See what I mean? ^^^^

Look who's talking.

See what I mean? ^^^^
    Except I've actually explained and made videos describing what I'm talking about. You 2 are just sitting there going 'nuh uh'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I've actually explained and made videos describing what I'm talking about. You 2 are just sitting there going 'nuh uh'.
    I don't need your confirmation bias videos to know what I'm talking about. So don't you dare to tell me what I like and enjoy in an RPG.

It's called an RPG for a reason.

MyRPg game time with my God-killing, Lich King smashing, Dragon beheading, Firelord smothering, demon banishing, bandit burning, orc slaying character has dragons, a helicopter, a flying head and multiple amazing flying creatures. Suddenly not being able to fly at max level for the bogus reason blizzard claims is rather stupid. (just so blizzard can slow me down at max level)

If you're going to bring up RPG, then that will also bring up immersion and thats a bit to individualized for any real debate. Flying bring me much more entertainment than being on the ground does. Thats why flying was probably the most requested feature ever (except maybe besides dual spec or a dance studio. You can check that by watching TBC release at blizzcon that year)

However, reality shows WOW with 12+ million subs and flying was there.

We lost 6+ million and you can contribute that to age, mediocre content in both quality and quantity, competition and any number of things. However, what you can see is gamers didn't leave because of flying in game. Hell, there in game now. Gamers may leave because flying is removed but it's highly unlikely gamers left because you could fly.

flying just isn't the problem blizzard has scapegoated it out to be.

Deleted
    I don't need your confirmation bias videos to know what I'm talking about. So don't you dare to tell me what I like and enjoy in an RPG.
    It's is not about what you personally find enjoyable. It is about what is best for the game as a whole.