10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Can't say that I have. The game is obviously much better and more popular without flight.
    Well, as it happens, removing flight is a bad idea because of convenience. But people are willing to sacrifice convenience because they lack the will power to play their own way while ALL options are available. Deliberately removing convenience is a stupid move, as are the people who would support such a measure. Flight is an incredible game mechanic that could be improved, rather than disabled.

Nobody is answering your question because its one of the most obvious strawmans in this thread yet. So you should probably stop spamming it.
    LOL, sure. Care to demonstrate how it is a strawman? No? Thought so.

One-liners with "no u" are just simpler, that's all. Like this one:

Can't say that I have. The game is obviously much better and more popular without flight.
    Totally unsubstantiated. Content-free. But simple.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

One-liners with "no u" are just simpler, that's all. Like this one:

Totally unsubstantiated. Content-free. But simple.
    You basically echoed the exact same "straw-man" I've been singing...he makes shit up, avoids the argument past the opener of "dude that's a straw-man" and then redirects by tossing an ad hominem.

But bottom line right now. Blizzard removed flying, and for some idiotic reason...there is no uproar. So this is the game now. I ain't playing that shit. So I've moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You claim the world is competition free now that garrisons help with the speed of gathering mats so its okay to have flying now. You also make the claim that theres only one reason to go into the world and that is the Apexis daily. Both of which are stupidly obvious strawmen creating fake issues. Flight paths have been proven to be just as effective in taking you around Dreanor. There's plenty more than one reason to leave your garrison. The garrison mats are on a daily cooldown making farming still quite necessary. And you failed to acknowledge important issues with flying like emptying the game world of players and making content entirely trivial with no possibility of immersion.

Your argument is just a weak strawman and thats why people disregard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    avoids the argument past the opener of "dude that's a straw-man"
    The same people continue to use flawed arguments that have been addressed repeatedly by the same people being asked to address the arguments.

You pretending the argument is being ignored is not the same thing as it having been answered and not repeating the answer.

So basically what's happening, is we get to bubble 2, certain people answer no, and we reach the red bubble.

You claim the world is competition free now that garrisons help with the speed of gathering mats so its okay to have flying now. You also make the claim that theres only one reason to go into the world and that is the Apexis daily. Both of which are stupidly obvious strawmen creating fake issues. Flight paths have been proven to be just as effective in taking you around Dreanor. There's plenty more than one reason to leave your garrison. The garrison mats are on a daily cooldown making farming still quite necessary. And you failed to acknowledge important issues with flying like emptying the game world of players and making content entirely trivial with no possibility of immersion.

When people compare flight paths to flying mounts, they usually don't tack on the fucking back tracking, and the delays of random nothing encounters that were avoidable using a flying mount.

And the other fallacy here is...how the hell can you compare flight paths in draenor versus flying mounts in draenor, when the later has never been allowed?

you just made an "immersion" argument and completely invalidated your whole post regardless of its actual substance. immersion is SUBJECTIVE, the end. period. some people prefer to be immersed from the air. and world is empty enough without flying anyway, certainly not feeling more people anywhere, and thats with connected realms, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The same people continue to use flawed arguments that have been addressed repeatedly by the same people being asked to address the arguments.

You pretending the argument is being ignored is not the same thing as it having been answered and not repeating the answer.

So basically what's happening, is we get to bubble 2, certain people answer no, and we reach the red bubble.
    Oh it's been answered...with an idiotic statement like "If people have the choice of the path of least resistance, they will gravitate towards that..."

Then I counter that by talking about role players, and then link that iron man website where people do the opposite of what you state...

then that gets ignored...(lol) you say some stupid ad hominem...and the cycle continues.

I will say this, Draenor is not 'savage' as promised. I ran through a level 100 zone yesterday, dragged 20+ mobs behind me and never once did I have to do anything but keep pushing 'w' on my ground mount to ignore it all.

So for all of you saying you can't use flight to avoid all the dangers then you are absolutely correct, now you can use your ground mount to do the same thing and on top of that you can ride a flight path over it while not interacting at all unless you count pooping in your bathroom while the flight path completes as interactive and immersive.

... with an idiotic statement... you say some stupid ad hominem... and the cycle continues.
    irony.

Also I have intentionally barely addressed you in this thread, so not sure where you're getting these "you"'s from. Anyway we're off the rails here, gonna go do some stuff. Super busy with all the crap I still have to do in game.

It's a ten year old rpg, I'm sure you could get pretty creative filling in a 6+ hour day...that being said, I don't -and never will allow myself- have 6+ hours to play a fucking game... let alone one that encompasses riding up slightly sloping paths as "core gameplay" not to be avoided.

I mean i should qualify that. I LOVED alien isolation, and a ton of that gameplay involves hiding in a locker waiting for the right moment to creep out and head towards your next objective. FUN because - the alien can't be killed, and is random pathing.

WoW isn't fun because there is no "alien" mechanic in it. It's just busy work horse shit. And it makes me laugh really. People would fucking spend 6+ hours a day doing dishes and other equally mundane chores...in a VIDEO GAME, all the while stacks of dirty dishes pile up in their actual kitchens.

I just don't relate to today's playerbase. And I'm glad I don't.
    I enjoy the same things in wow that i've always enjoyed raids and dungeons. The stables are a nice addition (collecting mounts is always fun). I've been the games player base for as long as the games been out, and played games since I was old enough to hold a controller (NES/Amiga player). Some of the stuff in wod I find fun others (apexis crystals are not fun and now I have done the legendary part I am unsure why I should continue to farm them) I dont find fun and will avoid.

Also can't play alien much the damn alien scares me =[ I have done like 2hours so far XD

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    If this expansion has proven one thing - it's that flying does in fact suck.
    Ty Blizz for taking it out.

Oh - and seems the community as a whole agrees ( see yet another poll below ). Can the 'pro-flying' group now just go away for a while so I don't always feel compelled to answer these posts and make sure the 'no-flying' crew is properly represented?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ou-miss-flying
    Yes, that is an excellent poll of what MMO-champ forum posters feel about flying but in no way shape or form is a good representative of the wow community because we certainly don't have 10+ million people posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you just made an "immersion" argument and completely invalidated your whole post regardless of its actual substance. immersion is SUBJECTIVE, the end. period. some people prefer to be immersed from the air. and world is empty enough without flying anyway, certainly not feeling more people anywhere, and thats with connected realms, too...
    My entire post is invalid because you have a complete lack of understanding on the issue? I don't think so. I even made it easy by saying "possibility of immersion". There isn't even a possibility of feeling immersed when every objective, mob, node, everything and anything is being dive bombed by flying mounts.

There isn't even a possibility of feeling immersed when every objective, mob, node, everything and anything is being dive bombed by flying mounts.
    The people doing the dive-bombing probably feel immersed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I will say this, Draenor is not 'savage' as promised. I ran through a level 100 zone yesterday, dragged 20+ mobs behind me and never once did I have to do anything but keep pushing 'w' on my ground mount to ignore it all.

So for all of you saying you can't use flight to avoid all the dangers then you are absolutely correct, now you can use your ground mount to do the same thing and on top of that you can ride a flight path over it while not interacting at all unless you count pooping in your bathroom while the flight path completes as interactive and immersive.
    THANK you.
    FINALLY someone else besides me sees that.

Daze removal of stables negates EVERY "challenge" and "obstacle" argument there has ever been.
    W/o their precious daze, they might as well put flying back in as far as dangerous mobs are concerned.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-11-25 at 05:26 PM.

My entire post is invalid because you have a complete lack of understanding on the issue? I don't think so. I even made it easy by saying "possibility of immersion". There isn't even a possibility of feeling immersed when every objective, mob, node, everything and anything is being dive bombed by flying mounts.
    and you did it again... just because YOU dont feel more immersed from the air doenst mean others dont. I dont find immersive everyone and their mother running past all the mobs in the way just to get to node, at all. I cant full enjoy the zones until I can explore them from all angles, which taxis dont really allow etc... stop making ridiculous immersion arguments in favor of either of the crowd, it will NEVER EVER work.

I always feel immersed when I am on a ground mount heading for a node and stop to cc some aggro and someone snatches the node up, I feel completely immersed in assholes. People can get there first on a flight mount or they can get there first on a ground mount, there really is no difference. First is first and nothing I can do about someone snatching my node.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    THANK you.
    FINALLY someone else besides me sees that.

Daze removal of stables negate EVERY "challenge" and "obstacle" argument there have ever been.
    W/o their precious daze, they might as well put flying back in as far as dangerous mobs are concerned.
    I dont even have the daze protection and I have never had a problem, furthermore I had one orc throw a chain at me an drag me back to him to which I countered with an impressive display of 'continueing to hit the w button' and never took a single hit. *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    and you did it again... just because YOU dont feel more immersed from the air doenst mean others dont. I dont find immersive everyone and their mother running past all the mobs in the way just to get to node, at all. I cant full enjoy the zones until I can explore them from all angles, which taxis dont really allow etc... stop making ridiculous immersion arguments in favor of either of the crowd, it will NEVER EVER work.
    It will work once you stop buying into the sheep mentality of disregarding immersion as an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    furthermore I had one orc throw a chain at me an drag me back to him to which I countered with an impressive display of 'continueing to hit the w button' and never took a single hit. *yawn*
    You're mean!
    Now that poor Orc has self esteem issues and cries to Blizzard for buffs!

It will work once you stop buying into the sheep mentality of disregarding immersion as an issue.
    LOL, the only sheep mentality is produced by those actually supporting Blizzards PoV... I (and others) am more immersed from the air, no matter what you or blizzard will try to tell me and your argument ends right there, thats how it is.