Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Your personal and highly subjective point of view is hardly accurate. Maybe, instead of anecdotal evidence, you could provide facts for a real discussion.
    Please don't uselessly pick at people's arguments. This entire discussion is subjective.

He brings up a solid point, especially on PvP servers. In Vanilla going afk was always dangerous, do you risk stepping off the road and behind some cover in hopes no one will come by? Would it be better to ride back to town for safety? Since the advent of flying the clear and obvious choice has been to mount up, fly way up into the air when you are waiting for something or going afk.

This is a very clear difference between flying and no flying. And it does create a more social environment. Take the timeless isle for example--specifically, Huolon's spawn point at the end of the first bridge. It is a location that almost always has a group of people hanging around waiting for Huo's spawn, it is also frequently the location of world pvp. There is a sense of the existence of a server's community there that doesn't exist with flying, because if flying were enabled, people wouldn't be gathered in that single spot near the wall where you are safe from mob spawns, they would be spread out all over at dozens of different heights, or they'd just wait by the celestial court because on a 310 mount they could fly directly to the spawn in less than five seconds.

If you really want "facts" then I'll point out that Shadowpunkz is entirely correct in his assessment of flying making the world feel empty.

Just by virtue of limiting everyone to a single location on the vertical axis, no-flying DOES pretty much guarantee that you see and are in close proximity to more people than when flying is enabled and people can move around at varying heights.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Your personal and highly subjective point of view is hardly accurate. Maybe, instead of anecdotal evidence, you could provide facts for a real discussion.
    What a cool cookie cutter response to his post.

The only thing is nothing about it was anecdotal... Do you even know what that word means or did you rip it off another cool guy post you read once?

And I don't think one "fact" has been presented yet in this entire thread because it's completely in the realm of opinion. You honestly just come off as trying entirely too hard and add nothing to anything anybody is saying.
    Last edited by Ordinator; 2014-03-26 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post

But people ARE out in the world. Not as much as they could be, and I do think queues need to be removed as well, but people are. The only difference is that they are flying everywhere and go completely unnoticed.
    So what if other players are "unnoticed"? What does it matter? And please don't say world PVP. That's a total non-issue since it doesn't exist for the majority of the player base.

I think Blizzard is trying to resurrect "open" World of Warcraft in WoD, where world is SAVAGE and DANGEROUS and whatever is cool, but since this game has long been changed to World of "Que"craft, I kinda doubt that it will really work
    That said, vast majority of people simply do not care whether or not they can fly, and sadly it is highly possible that it will continue this way
    Oh of course there are many people who enjoy flying around watching views and exploring, but there are also many people who enjoy non-flying too, and they are both the minority in comparion to the people who do not care as long as the game itself is fun
    And Blizzard clearly knows this too, so they do not come up with unclear answers to something like 'will flying be enabled in 6.1?' because they know that there won't be any major backlash, and they will continue on their way, as usual
    Last edited by ataraxia123; 2014-03-26 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Please don't uselessly pick at people's arguments. This entire discussion is subjective.

He brings up a solid point, especially on PvP servers. In Vanilla going afk was always dangerous, do you risk stepping off the road and behind some cover in hopes no one will come by? Would it be better to ride back to town for safety? Since the advent of flying the clear and obvious choice has been to mount up, fly way up into the air when you are waiting for something or going afk.

This is a very clear difference between flying and no flying. And it does create a more social environment. Take the timeless isle for example--specifically, Huolon's spawn point at the end of the first bridge. It is a location that almost always has a group of people hanging around waiting for Huo's spawn, it is also frequently the location of world pvp. There is a sense of the existence of a server's community there that doesn't exist with flying, because if flying were enabled, people wouldn't be gathered in that single spot near the wall where you are safe from mob spawns, they would be spread out all over at dozens of different heights, or they'd just wait by the celestial court because on a 310 mount they could fly directly to the spawn in less than five seconds.

If you really want "facts" then I'll point out that Shadowpunkz is entirely correct in his assessment of flying making the world feel empty.

Just by virtue of limiting everyone to a single location on the vertical axis, no-flying DOES pretty much guarantee that you see and are in close proximity to more people than when flying is enabled and people can move around at varying heights.
    My anecdotal evidence trumps your anecdotal evidence.

Huolon's spawn is a perfect example. People going about their activities spamming trade chat with "Huolon timer?". Until such time as the spawn time is close when they all converge on the bridge. PvP is the odd Horde straggler that tries to get in on the kill only to be over come by the huge Alliance contingent that is camping the area.

After Huolon is down, where do people go? They go back to the camp area and go AFK.

Great sense of community there.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Your analogy is crap.

A better one would be a saleman selling you a car without an air conditioner, and he tells you if you want it that he can install it if you want it later. If you end up moving far north, you arent going to want an air conditioner installed after all, if you move south, then you may end up wanting it. If winter is coming, you may not want to spend the money at the time, but may choose to do so later in summer if opening the windows isnt enough for you.

They are making a decision based on responses of a world without flying at cap. They dont have this data now because players who never played at cap when there was no flight are giving an opinion with no experience. These players see Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle as changes and complain about them, but they still have not played a game without flying at max level for everything. Listening to responses of people who cant even comprehend that the world will be designed to be traversed by ground mounts, and will not be as hard to travel on the ground as in zones designed for flight, is ridiculous. How can you expect them to make a decision without real data regarding a game without flying? Right now they have a bunch of players freaking out because they cant imagine playing without flight, insisting they would hate it despite never playing it. There are some players from classic who are both for and against this change, but thats not enough for them to make a decision. As they said, its about 50/50 on their current responses.
    I have, and that is part of why I am so against it. I was level 60 long enough before BC that I cleared part of Naxx 40 at level 60. I NEVER want to go back to only having ground travel at max level. It f-ing SUCKED. Period. Flying was one of the best things ever added to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    My anecdotal evidence trumps your anecdotal evidence.

Huolon's spawn is a perfect example. People going about their activities spamming trade chat with "Huolon timer?". Until such time as the spawn time is close when they all converge on the bridge. PvP is the odd Horde straggler that tries to get in on the kill only to be over come by the huge Alliance contingent that is camping the area.

After Huolon is down, where do people go? They go back to the camp area and go AFK.

Great sense of community there.
    Hopefully there will be a little more of interest in Draenor that one rare mob spawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Putting chests in the world is lazy. It was lazy on Timeless Isle. There is no way to make random chests fun and interesting.
    You're entitled to your stupid opinion I guess.

I like the chests and things like the rope bound chest and the ones in the clouds are precisely what I would call interesting outdoor gameplay, something WoW hasn't had a lot of in the past. Being able to hide things and put them out of reach is integral to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

Even if no flying does breathe new life into WPvP, all of us PvEers are still gonna be sitting around, Trolls holding hands with Gnomes and singing kumbaya.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2014-03-26 at 03:21 AM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You're entitled to your stupid opinion I guess.

I like the chests and things like the rope bound chest and the ones in the clouds are precisely what I would call interesting outdoor gameplay, something WoW hasn't had a lot of in the past. Being able to hide things and put them out of reach is integral to that.
    No need to insult just because you don't like my opinion. I don't like jumping puzzles so I prefer those not happen. It's one of the many reasons I don't play GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully there will be a little more of interest in Draenor that one rare mob spawn.
    It's all about the rewards. People like cool mounts.

Blizz gives us a reason to kill something, we'll kill it. Sure, sometimes we kill things "because it's there", but after one or two times doing that, what's the point?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

People don't want to PvP at Huolon because if they screw up and die they risk Huolon spawning and dying before they can get back to their body and tag it.

If anything, spawns like that discourage world PvP.

Oh god. I'm looking forward to what they have planned. But if it turns out they are removing flying because they have some chests they want me to jump to then I probably won't be around long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Oh god. I'm looking forward to what they have planned. But if it turns out they are removing flying because they have some chests they want me to jump to then I probably won't be around long.
    There are already chests you need to jump too on Timeless Isle, a zone without flying mounts. Why didnt you leave the game already?
    What's making you leave by simply placing that same chest in the world?
    You only go get it if you want.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-03-26 at 04:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    There are already chests you need to jump too on Timeless Isle, a zone without flying mounts. Why didnt you leave the game already?
    What's making you leave by simply placing that same chest in the world?
    You only go get it if you want.
    That chest you only need once for an achievement and it can be cheesed. It resets weekly, but usually just has timeless coins, so isn't worth the time or effort to get. However if they put 20+ chests like it in WoD I will be VERY annoyed. If they still do the no flight thing of top of it, that would cement me not coming back. I fucking hate jumping puzzles. This isn't mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    That chest you only need once for an achievement and it can be cheesed. It resets weekly, but usually just has timeless coins, so isn't worth the time or effort to get. However if they put 20+ chests like it in WoD I will be VERY annoyed. If they still do the no flight thing of top of it, that would cement me not coming back. I fucking hate jumping puzzles. This isn't mario.
    There's a bunch of weekly respawning chests on TI not just the big one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    And they're all really easy to get to... Maybe the one in the Ordon area requires a little work, but not much, just skilled roof running and jumping. Or fly-out and dismount and pally-bubble.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    3 weekly chests and they usually just have coins, which at this point are pretty much worthless. On my DK alone, with as much as I hate that place, I have over 150k coins. I don't need any more. The chests were a lazy catch up mechanism and I seriously hope Blizzard doesn't do more things like this.

Maybe chests(or whatever the prize is) can give you mounts, or transmog gears, or some items useful in open world, or toys

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia123 View Post
    Maybe chests(or whatever the prize is) can give you mounts, or transmog gears, or some items useful in open world, or toys
    Unless it gives me the ability to Fly in WoD, IDGAF what's in it.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Anything you might find valuable can be given to you via TI kind of mechanisms
    There's simply no reason to visit leveling zones of Pandaria except for some rare spawns or dailies, but they can actually make it profitable even when you finish leveling up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Unless it gives me the ability to Fly in WoD, IDGAF what's in it.
    There's no point crying over spilt milk now, you can't fly at Draenor for 3~4 months, or probably more
    You have to accept it, or just jump onto different games

And anyway, are you one of those explorers who love exploring by flying? Well if that's the case..... too bad
    If not, why bother when what most of us do would be playing World of Quecraft?
    Last edited by ataraxia123; 2014-03-26 at 05:17 AM.