10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    That is your one power, there are lots of you icky casuals.
    I would wager there are just as many hardcore asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    First we need to know why it isn't balanced before we can try and refute it. You guys are making a claim then telling everyone to prove you wrong without explaining wtf is wrong with it in the first place.
    So far it just seems to be: "Because it pisses off casuals like you."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    How can people doubt that removing flying mounts will make the game so much more immersive and amazing?
    1. because you can't already do that now. 2. people will just do what they already do now, sit in the cities jumping on the roof in circles waiting for LFR/LFD Queue. 3. Immersion is relative.
    -first time in years people walking around in the world.
    ya, like we are going to be walkingn around in the world. As I said, in the cities waiting for queue, taking mage portals/warlock summons, flight paths, afk auto run while on mount and pray you dont get dazed
    -engage and interact with people, possibly making friends and grouping for quests.
    what? you mean, /1 LFG <Quest>, need tank and healer, PST

Like flying really has to do with anything in regards to making friends or groups for quests.
    -more focused about your environment and interested in exploring the zones. (Blizzard said "easter eggs" and secrets will be scattered all over WoD)
    you mean taking a flight path and afk while you get a drink during that time. You are already at max level, you have already seen it. Or, if you are talking about while you are leveling, well, guess what, you can't fly while you level, same thing

-you will fear the enemy faction for the first time in a long time
    fear of what? 99% of pvp happens in .... BGs!

The World of mother f*in Warcraft will be populated again...how can people doubt this is an amazing thing? The only reason to doubt this is if it will be painfull to travel between point A to point B.
    what? they will be in the city until they need to do something. No flying doesn't make people go out in the world, if anything, it will probably do the opposite.

But Blizzard already said they will be using the amazing power of "game design magic" to ensure that traveling will be very fast and easy. Flight paths will be boosted and possibly some teleports will be in order.
    Yes, nothing like teleports that lets you get to a location fast, skipping all that content even faster than if you were on a flying mount. YAY "IMMERSION".

Deleted
    First we need to know why it isn't balanced before we can try and refute it. You guys are making a claim then telling everyone to prove you wrong without explaining wtf is wrong with it in the first place.
    Problem: 7 million player game with an Empty world

Reason: In Gaming Theory there is this thing called "Dominant Strategy"

Dominant Strategy: If the player is given the ultimate method of disposing of obstacles in a game he is always going to use it.
    (ex: LFG= leveling, f.mounts= traveling)
    Players normal state is ON a flying mount. You never ever choose walk on foot or on the ground mount because is not the dominant strategy.
    You are considered a dumb person by choosing not to use it.

Blizzard tried:
    -Profession master in the midle of nowhere
    -Vendors on the midle of Pandaren Zones
    -Daily quests
    -Rare mobss
    -World Bosses

Nothing of this sorts made the world feel alive or even populated. People always stay flying above the zones where no other player can be seen.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-03-28 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    1. because you can't already do that now. 2. people will just do what they already do now, sit in the cities jumping on the roof in circles waiting for LFR/LFD Queue. 3. Immersion is relative.

ya, like we are going to be walkingn around in the world. As I said, in the cities waiting for queue, taking mage portals/warlock summons, flight paths, afk auto run while on mount and pray you dont get dazed

what? you mean, /1 LFG <Quest>, need tank and healer, PST

Like flying really has to do with anything in regards to making friends or groups for quests.

you mean taking a flight path and afk while you get a drink during that time. You are already at max level, you have already seen it. Or, if you are talking about while you are leveling, well, guess what, you can't fly while you level, same thing

fear of what? 99% of pvp happens in .... BGs!

what? they will be in the city until they need to do something. No flying doesn't make people go out in the world, if anything, it will probably do the opposite.

Yes, nothing like teleports that lets you get to a location fast, skipping all that content even faster than if you were on a flying mount. YAY "IMMERSION".
    That was my favorite line

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    Clear as day you didn't play GW2. After a teleport you have to walk and actually do gameplay.
    Jumping puzzles, avoid obstacles and discover Vistas. Secret events everywhere. Everything on foot.

The only thing it does is teleport you to a quest hub nearby. Like hearthstones to quest hubs.
    Sorta like that.

Clear as day you didn't play GW2. After a teleport you have to walk and actually do gameplay.
    Jumping puzzles, avoid obstacles and discover Vistas. Secret events everywhere. Everything on foot.

The only thing it does is teleport you to a quest hub nearby. Like hearthstones to quest hubs.
    Sorta like that.
    Oh is WoD a GW expansion?

10+ Year Old Account

Sorta like that.
    His point was, portals take you past all that content in the blink of an eye, where flying actually makes you SEE it. Either way you have to walk where you are going. Whether it is from an FP or a Portal.

Entirely high reward for zero risk which is bad game design.

And thats just the balanced aspect of why flying should be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Entirely high reward for zero risk which is bad game design.

And thats just the balanced aspect of why flying should be gone.
    What reward would that be? For that matter, what risk would there be grounded, have you actually been threatened by anything in the world since bc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    What reward would that be? For that matter, what risk would there be grounded, have you actually been threatened by anything in the world since bc?
    I know right? Fel Reaver says Hello. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I know right? Fel Reaver says Hello. lol
    Even then, that was only before you knew it was there. If you died after you saw it for the first time, you only have yourself to blame for not paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Even then, that was only before you knew it was there. If you died after you saw it for the first time, you only have yourself to blame for not paying attention.
    Yep. Them and Storm Giants in Howling Fjord, or Throm in Zul Farak.

Problem: 7 million player game with an Empty orld

Reason: In Gaming Theory there is this thing called "Dominant Strategy"
    Flying didn't create an empty world though, so you're already wrong with your reasoning.

The "dominant strategy" is to stay in town because there is nothing in the world that is rewarding for most players. Battle grounds killed WPvP. LFD killed the need to find groups. The farm killed the need to hunt ore and herb nodes. A mode of travel will never be the cause of a dead world. The world is dead because there is nothing there for most people. Make the world rewarding and nerf the reasons to stay in town and you fix almost all the problems in this game.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-03-28 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Flying didn't create an empty world though, so you're already wrong with your reasoning.

The "dominant strategy" is to stay in town because there is nothing in the world that is rewarding for most players. Battle grounds killed WPvP. LFG killed the need to find groups. The farm killed the need to hunt ore and herb nodes. A mode of travel will never be the cause of a dead world. The world is dead because there is nothing there for most people. Make the world rewarding and nerf the reasons to stay in town and you fix almost all the problems in this game.
    Their idea of a living world is:

huo timer

huo timer?

what's the time on huo?

10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be a way to design an expansion where you can use flying mounts from the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    There has to be a way to design an expansion where you can use flying mounts from the beginning.
    It's called Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Their idea of a living world is:

huo timer

huo timer?

what's the time on huo?
    WHERE'S EVERMAW?

TIMER ON SHIP?

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE LANTERN?

Quality chat right there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    WHERE'S EVERMAW?

TIMER ON SHIP?

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE LANTERN?

Quality chat right there.
    Before my sub lapsed and I gave up on TI completely, I saw more chat from addons than I saw from actual people. How is that for social interaction?

Sorta like that.
    Please don't compare anything favorable to GW 2. That's a totally failed game. Seriously, don't even bring it up. I played it for about a month and quit. Nothing could get me back to playing it. Why would Blizzard emulate such a failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Before my sub lapsed and I gave up on TI completely, I saw more chat from addons than I saw from actual people. How is that for social interaction?
    The only reason I spent any time there was because it was great for helping me with my horrific insomnia.... it put me right to sleep after running around killing badly geared people for coins and killing the same rares over and over....