10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    It's in the patch notes when it is finalized
    Finally. You figured out the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's in the patch notes when it is finalized, they may change their minds again about flight
    And that's his whole damn point. Nothing's final until it's in the patch notes.

It's that very reason that I'm holding off on buying WoD until after launch. At this point I don't know what is or isn't going to be in the game (feature-wise).
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's in the patch notes when it is finalized, they may change their minds again about flight
    Why exactly did it require a page+ long debate for you to understand that? He said it in the first post.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Why exactly did it require a page+ long debate for you to understand that? He said it in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

It's that very reason that I'm holding off on buying WoD until after launch. At this point I don't know what is or isn't going to be in the game (feature-wise).

I am often reminded of this:
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    ~
    Albert Einstein
    Sometimes, people are so concerned with being right, or wanting to argue, they neglect to see the basic truth in the words of others. I find many people on this forum, and others, fail to stop yelling long enough to actually read what the other has written, and then later state it themself.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Still fine with no flying its better then walking like it was in vanilla because mounts cost way too much XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Yeah be aware if you post on the Blizzard forums you will have your thread shut down, and will be suspended

So yeah there was one post that had got to 15 pages and was then closed, another opened up that one to was closed.

So I opened one up myself it got to two pages was closed and I got suspended

Guess they must have investors looking at the forums today.. lol

Or maybe they are using my sons strategy when he was 4

fingers in ears "La La La I can't hear you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Yeah be aware if you post on the Blizzard forums you will have your thread shut down, and will be suspended

So yeah there was one post that had got to 15 pages and was then closed, another opened up that one to was closed.

It's a popular strategy of theirs when they are making a choice to try something risky with other people's money, knowing it will cause a huge uproar and make a very loud THUD when they land face first at launch. They did the same thing with CRZ and a few other hot topics. They just don't like the idea of the official site blowing up the way this thread did.

I personally feel that this is a huge mistake. I'd explain why, because I do have what I feel are good reasons, but I'm not going to because all that will actually happen is the anti-flying crowd will come in and try to shout me down with their false logic and name-calling, being downright abusive.

Suffice to say, I have my own reasons for wanting flight to remain available in future content, and I will give BLIZZARD that feedback next expansion. I'm not leaving the game over this because if I do, my voice will not be heard when it matters.

TL;DR -- I'm pro-flying and I won't let any anti-flyers shout me into submission.

EDIT: Why is my title "keyboard turner?" I don't keyboard turn. O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranno View Post
    I personally feel that this is a huge mistake. I'd explain why, because I do have what I feel are good reasons, but I'm not going to because all that will actually happen is the anti-flying crowd will come in and try to shout me down with their false logic and name-calling, being downright abusive.

Suffice to say, I have my own reasons for wanting flight to remain available in future content, and I will give BLIZZARD that feedback next expansion. I'm not leaving the game over this because if I do, my voice will not be heard when it matters.

TL;DR -- I'm pro-flying and I won't let any anti-flyers shout me into submission.

EDIT: Why is my title "keyboard turner?" I don't keyboard turn. O_o
    Based on your Post count. For example, I am the Light Bringer.

On Topic: I say do what you gotta do. I am a proflyer, and I won't let them shut me down, or up for that matter. I just keep reminding them we are not even in Beta, and there is NOTHING in the patch notes stating flying will be removed for all of Draenor. Until it goes in the patch notes, it doesn't mean shit. Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, YouTube interviews... none of it. So, fly on buddy and have no fear til the 6.1 Patch notes arrive. If they announce no flight in 6.1, then you are welcome to do what you gotta do. I know I will cancel both of my accounts and move on to a new game that ADDs features, rather than taking them away after 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

On Topic: I say do what you gotta do. I am a proflyer, and I won't let them shut me down, or up for that matter. I just keep reminding them we are not even in Beta, and there is NOTHING in the patch notes stating flying will be removed for all of Draenor. Until it goes in the patch notes, it doesn't mean shit. Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, YouTube interviews... none of it. So, fly on buddy and have no fear til the 6.1 Patch notes arrive. If they announce no flight in 6.1, then you are welcome to do what you gotta do. I know I will cancel both of my accounts and move on to a new game that ADDs features, rather than taking them away after 8 years.
    Ah, okay, that makes sense about the title.

I don't even plan on leaving AFTER 6.1 because it might be possible to get them to re-implement flight after, if they don't do it before or on patch day. Besides... I love WoW too much.

The only way I'll be fine with no flight in Draenor is if they give us a lore reason that makes sense. Gameplay reasons don't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

He keeps bringing up dates information on flight. No, there is no final decision, but the most recent information is not First Major Patch, which is what Superman keeps referencing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

If a thread was just closed, starting the same thread again is against the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it does mean something. it means that it is their current plan. They have not finalized it, but their current direction is reflected in their statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    He keeps bringing up dates information on flight. No, there is no final decision, but the most recent information is not First Major Patch, which is what Superman keeps referencing.

Yes, it does mean something. it means that it is their current plan. They have not finalized it, but their current direction is reflected in their statements.
    Again, I am not concerned with Twitter babble. I am more vested in FACTS which are found on Battle Net and in Patch Notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I am not concerned with Twitter babble. I am more vested in FACTS which are found on Battle Net and in Patch Notes.
    Twitter Statements by Blizzard employees aren't facts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranno View Post
    The only way I'll be fine with no flight in Draenor is if they give us a lore reason that makes sense. Gameplay reasons don't do it for me.
    It would have to be an awesome lore reason to get me to stick around. And by awesome I mean getting blown by a hottie, while enjoying a good cigar and sipping on 100 year old brandy awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Twitter Statements by Blizzard employees aren't facts?
    No, they are passing mentions on social media. If something is a solid FACT about the game, it will be found on BattleNet or in the Patch Notes.

10+ Year Old Account

No, they are passing mentions on social media. If something is a solid FACT about the game, it will be found on BattleNet or in the Patch Notes.
    That's an incredibly... stupid viewpoint considering Blizzard's Twitter accounts usually speak about subjects that need clarification or give a brief glimpse of material that will appear on the next round of patch notes, or even provide insight as to which round of patch notes a particular change or idea will appear.

The viewpoint gets even worse when you realize that patch notes require... patches? And patches require time, so obviously the patch notes won't be updated every. single. day. of the week, that's what Twitter accounts are for.

Now that that's out of the way, who's arguing for the addition of flying so I can adjust myself on the opposite side of the argument?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that that's out of the way, who's arguing for the addition of flying so I can adjust myself on the opposite side of the argument?
    Addition? It was added back in 2006. They're thinking about removing it over a vocal minority of people bitching about it.

It would have to be an awesome lore reason to get me to stick around. And by awesome I mean getting blown by a hottie, while enjoying a good cigar and sipping on 100 year old brandy awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure you're not an idiot?

Mod Edit: Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2014-04-12 at 07:50 AM.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Addition? It was added back in 2006. They're thinking about removing it over a vocal minority of people bitching about it.
    Addition of flying to Draenor... I forgot, context is hard for some of the people here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Addition of flying to Draenor... I forgot, context is hard for some of the people here...
    The context is that if you didn't bitch about having it removed in the first place we wouldn't be here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    The context is that if you didn't bitch about having it removed in the first place we wouldn't be here.
    Aww, you're a little hostile. Is lack of convenience really an excuse for vitriol?