Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Huh? What part of there taking that out didn't you understand? There won't be anymore loops. And yes the current system is stupid, which is why we can be happy it's changing.

There not gonna have a mini patch just to fix existing flight paths that's silly.
    Why do you think that when they say they will fix it, they will fix it?

What do we have now?

What has changed about what we have now in the past year and a half?

Q.E.D.

They will give us a shit system of flight points, just like they always have. The promises are lies, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Why do you think that when they say they will fix it, they will fix it?

What do we have now?

What has changed about what we have now in the past year and a half?

Q.E.D.

They will give us a shit system of flight points, just like they always have. The promises are lies, obviously.
    1. Because they've full out said that it is a issue and it will be addressed to minimize the impact of no flying. Rather common sense to take their word on it on this one. They've answered a lot of reassuring questions on the manner.

2. Right now we have flying at least for lvl 61 and up. Many under that power level threw dungeons and if you don't ground mounts will get it done like it's always have..It's do or die all of the sudden, no reason it needs a immediate fix.

3. Not sure if i fully understand the question.

Doing a shit job on the flight paths in WoD is highly unlikely but your welcome to believe whatever you want too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You sure know a lot about the future of WoW.
    You're absolutely right, people don't already do the exact same things I just described on Wasteoftime Isle. Which Draenor is going to be an entire continent of.

No, I have nothing whatsoever to base that conclusion off of. Nothing at all except...wait, what's that? Oh, yeah! EXCEPT WHAT'S ALREADY IN THE GAME.

Try harder. You're failing.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing a shit job on the flight paths in WoD is highly unlikely but your welcome to believe whatever you want too.
    Really. Because there's 22 flight points and 144 rare mobs, events, or lootable objects. Spread across what, six zones? That means, factoring in that a portion of those flight points will be faction specific (because that's the total, not total per faction), each zone averages about 3 flight points and 24 rare events or creatures.

Yeah, they're doing a splendid job.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    You're absolutely right, people don't already do the exact same things I just described on Wasteoftime Isle. Which Draenor is going to be an entire continent of.

No, I have nothing whatsoever to base that conclusion off of. Nothing at all except...wait, what's that? Oh, yeah! EXCEPT WHAT'S ALREADY IN THE GAME.

Try harder. You're failing.

- - - Updated - - -
    The only question at hand here is, Would Timeless Isle be better with flight... Answer is no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Really. Because there's 22 flight points and 144 rare mobs, events, or lootable objects. Spread across what, six zones? That means, factoring in that a portion of those flight points will be faction specific (because that's the total, not total per faction), each zone averages about 3 flight points and 24 rare events or creatures.

Yeah, they're doing a splendid job.
    Have no idea what you even tried to say here

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really looking forward to no flying in 6.0. In my personal opinion it's going to be a whole lot of fun to interact with other players on the ground. It's going to be interesting to see how they decide to move further, if they will indeed stick to the "allow flying in 6.0 content when 6.1 content is launched and no flying in 6.1 content until 6.2" plan or what comes out of it. Here's to hoping they do a good job on the flight paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
    I'm really looking forward to no flying in 6.0. In my personal opinion it's going to be a whole lot of fun to interact with other players on the ground. It's going to be interesting to see how they decide to move further, if they will indeed stick to the "allow flying in 6.0 content when 6.1 content is launched and no flying in 6.1 content until 6.2" plan or what comes out of it. Here's to hoping they do a good job on the flight paths.
    What's stopping you from doing that while leveling in MoP? You realize that there was no flight for the entirety of the level process, right? What's stopping you from doing that on the three islands in MoP(isle of giants, thunder isle, and timeless isle)? Do you really think people will suddenly become more social when they're grounded? Because that isn't the case as people are grounded right now for much of the "current" content.

The only thing this change will effect is the lack of desire people will have with playing this game. Why would a casual want to spend hours traveling from place to place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What's stopping you from doing that while leveling in MoP? You realize that there was no flight for the entirety of the level process, right? What's stopping you from doing that on the three islands in MoP(isle of giants, thunder isle, and timeless isle)? Do you really think people will suddenly become more social when they're grounded? Because that isn't the case as people are grounded right now for much of the "current" content.

The only thing this change will effect is the lack of desire people will have with playing this game. Why would a casual want to spend hours traveling from place to place?
    Actually in my experiences, Timeless Isle is by far the most social aspect of the game right now. People constantly communicating there. I'm not attributing that to no flying, but it seems to be far and away the most social.

Why would a casual want to spend hours traveling from place to place?
    Because having a position and place in the world is meant to have weight/meaning.

This is one of those things whereby some people dont actually know whats good for them or the game. Many people would love to have the ability to instantly teleport all over the world if you asked them. Would it be good for the game? No.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Because having a position and place in the world is meant to have weight/meaning.

This is one of those things whereby some people dont actually know whats good for them or the game. Many people would love to have the ability to instantly teleport all over the world if you asked them. Would it be good for the game? No.
    What in jade forest has weight/meaning? Why do you think that the leveling zones will have any weight or meaning after a person already finishes it and moves on to the next zone? The answer is it doesn't have any meaning beyond achievement points for a random event that might have missed. If it takes you thirty minutes to get from point A to point B, and you had to do this several times a day/week, the game turns into something that isn't enjoyable. Why would a casual be interested in a few achievement points for finding everything in a zone? Think it's something like 80% of players have less than four thousand achievement points. What would you like to see in the game as a reward for spending a huge amount of time traveling? Achievements? Mounts? Pets? Should rename the game to world of travelcraft, or world of wasting-time-traveling-from-point-a-to-point-b-while-not-actually-getting-rewarded-for-it...craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    Actually in my experiences, Timeless Isle is by far the most social aspect of the game right now. People constantly communicating there. I'm not attributing that to no flying, but it seems to be far and away the most social.
    Player A: Huo?
    Player B: Anyone got the timer for Huo?
    Player C: Crab up!

What conversations do you have there? I could spend ALL day there(often do) and no one would say a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The only question at hand here is, Would Timeless Isle be better with flight... Answer is no.
    yes it would be milion times better and maybe people would spend then some time on it expet for this 1 per week ordos/celestial kills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edoran View Post
    they comunicte how ? by

//raretimer X
    X is up at 100%

5 seocdns later

X is dead 0 %

//why couldnt u wait u *****&*****&some more cursing words

and occasional

lfm ordos/celestials

and then

//raretimer Y
    //raretimer Z
    //rareitmer C

ye social aspect like hell -_-

and the random events ? if they will be anything like events in FF14:R then they are gonna be shit ignored by everyone exept maybe for lvling up people hoping for carry and few extra xp -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-04-20 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    "You honestly sound like a toddler that protests having a toy taken away from him which he never plays with.
    First off, thanks for the insult. Let me guess? Primary sport in WoW is Arenas or rated BGs? As for flying, it is a key component to my style of gameplay. If I choose to complain about the potential removal in 6.1, that is my prerogative. As for going off and doing something else, if you are that bothered by my passion for the topic, you too are welcome to go elsewhere to do something. The place to go would be, off, and the thing to do would be a slang term related to intercourse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    superman i would like for you to screen shot your future burning of your collectors edition so i can post the screenshots on blizzard forums and hope to evoke a funny response from a blue!

i think you're over-reacting a bit on this. Flying is not even a key feature to this game.
    It is a key feature to my playstyle. THAT is what I am discussing. It is called feedback, regardless of the level to which it is stated. As for the burning of all things Blizz, I will be sure to post the link to YouTube and share it here as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes because it's not like Superman must be the only WoW player out of all of the WoW players in the game to be upset about flight changes next expansion. If you don't think people are upset about this, then you haven't been paying attention. I logged into my Alliance server the other day only to hear passionate bitching about no flight along with various WoD changes such as the removal of reforging and spell abilities going on in trade chat, a discussion which lasted several hours. Generally speaking, people don't bitch about the game in my server's trade chat...I didn't even hear bitching about various aspects of Cataclysm last expansion...people might bitch about one another from time to time, but never about the actual game itself. Considering how long I've had my Alliance characters on this server, it is a bad sign.

In my opinion, Superman is the hero of this thread, keeping the voice of those of us upset about this change heard. /cheer
    Always nice to see I am not alone in my playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Superman is actually doing more to hurt the agenda of pro-flying people here than to help it. Nobody is taking him seriously. I mean, look at this below, lol. This is what we call entertainment, not discussion.
    Making an emphatic statement hardly hinders my cause. If anything it allows me to transcend normal discomfort for this change and elevate my disdain for the potential removal of flight after 6.1. It is my hope that this might encourage others who are just as passionate about the issue to step forward and be heard. I am no martyr, nor savior. I am just a man who hates being deceived. Fortunately, my refund went through this morning on all 3 accounts, and I will be watching for 6.1. I am still subbed for another 4 months, so if the patch notes post Beta give me any indications, I will decide then if I even want to remain subbed, or walk away from my favorite game because of deceit.

- - - Updated - - -

@Superman - Your quote from Blizzard (We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor.) If there is no flying after 6.1 Blizzard in fact never lied at all. They said they 'intend' aka Were going to see how it plays out in WoD so we can make a more informed decision

Any decision weather it's good or bad will always have people with pitchforks on each end with fanatics like yourself claiming to burn Blizzard discs at the stake, don't think they never knew this full well before announcing it. Flying is a rather non essential part of the game...it's a comfort...not essential..Leaving the game and burning discs is rather childish and extreme, but personally i don't care what you do.
    Learn to comprehend.

We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100

and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor

Knowledge is power. As for your personal opinion about me, or my actions, they are of little concern.

- - - Updated - - -

They have said several times the flight paths are getting overhauled and will no longer be doing scenic routes but instead take you there in a straight line basically. They should be much improved in WoD.
    Well, until they take me right to the Dungeon, or directly to the nodes, they are taking a scenic route still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    First off, thanks for the insult. Let me guess? Primary sport in WoW is Arenas or rated BGs? As for flying, it is a key component to my style of gameplay. If I choose to complain about the potential removal in 6.1, that is my prerogative. As for going off and doing something else, if you are that bothered by my passion for the topic, you too are welcome to go elsewhere to do something. The place to go would be, off, and the thing to do would be a slang term related to intercourse.
    How is it a key component of your style of play? Is the only thing you do in game sit on your flying mount and do fuck all? If so, congratulations. You are a class A time waster. It's also nice how you decided to take it out of context. Thanks for that.

Here is a point for you that you have yet to dislodge in any of your points: Flying mounts are merely a convenience that degrades the overall game experience. The world is less grand as a result and it discourages exploration. In fact, they make the game feel more gamey with artificial barriers such as exhaustion, height wall and varies other invisible walls are required to ensure that players don't glitch out the game. It requires Blizzard to spend more time and resources onto areas that are either never seen, or that nobody gives a shit about in order to accommodate for flying mounts.
    All in all, they introduce more problems and issues than what they seemingly "solve". And it is a perfect example of players not knowing what they actually want. Yes, flying all seems awesome on paper, but then you realize

Play the game before you actually make a judgement call. Seriously, you claim that a flying mount is a key component in your playstyle. You are lying out of your neck, and you know it.
    Rather than claiming that it is a key component, explain how it is a key component. (Hint: It isn't.) Besides, you can always go to the competition who still has flying mount ... oh wait. Yes, they probably don't have those in the first place because they learnt from Blizzard that it is a bad idea to implement in your open world game.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2014-04-20 at 01:23 PM.

I feel the world is more grand and encourages exploration since now I can see everything from a a different angle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    If they can't even be bothered to make incredibly simple changes to the existing cluster fuck, I have absolutely no confidence that they will design something new without the same level of permanent cluster fuck built in.
    Finally, someone else who understands Blind trust in Blizz to fix something that is still an issue in the current model is foolish. If they haven't fixed the FP scenic routes in TBC, Wrath, Cata, or MoP, it is tough to trust they will get it right in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Player A: Huo?
    Player B: Anyone got the timer for Huo?
    Player C: Crab up!

What conversations do you have there? I could spend ALL day there(often do) and no one would say a word.
    Yep, timeless Isle, the great joiner of players. Now, there is no talking except someone wanting to group for Celestials. There are 3 or 4 players with addons to announce rares and their health. Feels less like TBC and more like Skynet.

10+ Year Old Account

Nothing stopped me from doing that while leveling in MoP and nothing is stopping me from doing that on any of the three islands, that's why I like it. I can't see how this has anything to do with my post to be honest and yes, I've leveled 12 characters to level 90 in MoP so far, I'm quite aware of when I can't fly. The difference this time around is that flight will still be unavailable to max level characters in 6.0 and I think that it's a brilliant idea.

What's this talk about players being more social by the way? I never mentioned anything like that so I'm guessing you misunderstood my post. I was talking about looking forward to player interaction, as in running into them on the ground while playing, having to compete for the same objectives, having the chance to get revenge if I get killed by someone without them mounting up and bypassing interaction by flying. Did you think I meant that people would all of a sudden start chatting when they ran into someone on the ground? No, I just like my MMO worlds to be populated in a way that every player is interactable at all times.

I do realize that this is mostly for PvP realms but I would never want to play on a PvE realm personally. I'm not into PvP at all but I hate the idea of playing an MMO in which players are divided into two factions that are at war with one another and then end up in a weird environment where you can't get jumped by players of the opposing faction, where the only open world interaction cross-faction would consist of "oh no, that horde player took my herbs right in front of me". That's just my personal opinion and I totally respect those who do not want to play on PvP realms as we all have different reasons why we like this game, or liked it at some point. I wish I could feel differently about PvE realms cause one of my closest friends has migrated to one and I leveled up a toon to 90 there in order to be able to still play with him on occasion. I'm really not enjoying my time there though due to above mentioned reasons.
    Last edited by Cabbe; 2014-04-20 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I feel the world is more grand and encourages exploration since now I can see everything from a a different angle.
    It eliminates any sense of danger, the world is flat out smaller when you can breeze through it at 310% speed in the air. It removes any sense of accomplishment that comes with exploration in traditional travelling inside games. Rather than figuring out a contrived path to the top of a mountain and building and feeling a sense of accomplishment when you get there, you simply jump on your trusty dragon and fly to the top and go like "eh, this is neat".
    It also kills player interaction as zones seem more empty. Rather than have all players interact and see eachother on the same plane (namely the ground), they now are spread across different heights in the sky, often not noticing eachother's presence.
    While forcing everyone to be on the ground doesn't automatically result in players being more social towards eachother, it will make the game feel alive, rather than a barren wasteland, which is a huge part of the overall player experience. Why would you play an MMO when the entire game is essentially no different from a singleplayer game, seeing no other players outside of queueing up for a dungeon or BG?

Zones feel less rich, less alive, seem smaller and any sense of danger is removed because of our trusty winged steeds.

Basically it boils down to this: due to flying mounts, the game experience is degraded, and Blizzard is fully aware of that. Go figure why they wish to extend the the no fly time for everyone, rather than giving you the ability back once you reach max level.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2014-04-20 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    How is it a key component of your style of play? Is the only thing you do in game sit on your flying mount and do fuck all? If so, congratulations. You are a class A time waster.---snipped the rest---
    Would you like to know why I love flying? It is a convenience. A QoL change we all LOVE by the time we hit level cap. Flying allows me to lift off the ground and go a hundred different places and do a million different things. At 492% flight speed I get from the Shrine to HalfHill for my daily farming in 90 seconds. On a ground mount, I would need to go North into KunLai, East to the river, South through the river of mobs, down the path past the BMAH and tavern in the mists, to the bottom of the hill, head south west, and arrive 19 minutes after departing from the shrine.

I can't even reach most dailies in MoP without Flight. Could not even talk to Chromie to get to your precious timeless isle without... flight. To get back to the isle, you either need to set your hearthstone there, or you need... flight. They put Flight paths in for convenience. They added flight to the world for convenience. A convenience they now want to now REMOVE as a test. I may not know a thing about game design, but I know about convenience and the removal of it. When conveniences start to disappear, regardless of the reason, people will simply go to a new place for convenience, or for a brand new experience simply because they hated the experience they had with the new situation.

As for how I spend my time in this game, it is my concern... not yours. If a key feature I happen to treasure is being potentially removed, I will sit here as long as I please and express my opinion. You want to stop that? Apply for a position as a Mod and ban me with your new found power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another solution would be to add combat to flying in the zones and design the zones so that they are bigger and more interactive no matter if you're on the ground or in the sky. Blizzard chose to give us flying mounts. They just have to use their creativity a bit more and put some hard work into a new design choice.

They could also let you fly from the beginning but add so many hazards that you have to think about when you'll try and do it. Make the world feel dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who hate flying so much should never have paid for flight, or gone after a flying mount. I'm guessing they love the convenience just as much, but figured everyone was doing it. Now, they are getting what they want, big daddy Blizz to step in and prevent ANYONE from doing it. Makes them feel less weak and more assertive about their stance.

Way to prove how strong your reasoning is people. I hate flying and Blizz just helped me ground everyone because: bad travel design 8 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Another solution would be to add combat to flying in the zones and design the zones so that they are bigger and more interactive no matter if you're on the ground or in the sky. Blizzard chose to give us flying mounts. They just have to use their creativity a bit more and put some hard work into a new design choice.

They could also let you fly from the beginning but add so many hazards that you have to think about when you'll try and do it. Make the world feel dangerous.
    I am all for that. We already have large birds and surface to air defense in certain zones. If EVERY zone had some sort of danger, I would thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm glad to see Supernman is finally coming to the realization that he won't get to be a bird on the Great Planet of Draenor! Submiss to the greater power, weaklings. Flying won't happen, and thank god for that.