Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    I'm starting to think Blizz is keeping this argument going by not giving any solid info, just so people keep talking about something to do with WoD until it comes out. Cuz it's coming guys!!1!
    That could very well be the case. It might be a diversionary tactic. But... That delves into conspiracy land, and that sort of discussion is discouraged here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    No flying? Best move blizzard has ever made. Resubbing to support them up to the expansion.
    I said WAYYYY earlier in this thread that for every person crying about quiting, there would be another person resubbing for the same reason.

Technically since they confirmed no flying in 6.1, we can expect to see Superman's pics about his account deletion. That was his promise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjau View Post
    This is how it affects people. Instead of flying I will use the newest best tier set as an example. So you can either buy all of the tier set at once at a vendor for gold, or you can do a raid over and over again and slowly get the full set. You play to raid, but really, how popular is that raid going to be when people can just skip it and get all they need from vendor instead? How are you going to keep up with the rest of the players if all of them chose to just buy it and they'll have it faster than you? Would you be fine with this because you could still do the raid?
    That is a shitty analogy. Flying is fun. I use it for fun. Sometimes I use it to bypass things I don't find fun. It doesn't help me progress my character in any meaningful way, but I enjoy it. You can't compare flying to buying gear and raiding. That's just stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    That is a shitty analogy. Flying is fun. I use it for fun. Sometimes I use it to bypass things I don't find fun. It doesn't help me progress my character in any meaningful way, but I enjoy it. You can't compare flying to buying gear and raiding. That's just stupid.
    I love you more and more. "Give me Fun, I just want the Fun part of the MMORPG, cut out the Crap that isn't fun to ME"

The Part that isn't fun about it is part of the Game too. Go play some Single-Player shit and stop ruining our Genre.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    I love you more and more. "Give me Fun, I just want the Fun part of the MMORPG, cut out the Crap that isn't fun to ME"

The Part that isn't fun about it is part of the Game too. Go play some Single-Player shit and stop ruining our Genre.
    Aren't games supposed to be fun? Shouldn't we ask for more things that we like and less things that we don't like? I don't understand why you cling to things that aren't fun in a game like they are a life preserver.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just think we'll have to see. Unsubbing without even trying the new content is kinda... silly in my opinion. I play on a pvp server and i think there is going to be a blood bath.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Aren't games supposed to be fun? Shouldn't we ask for more things that we like and less things that we don't like? I don't understand why you cling to things that aren't fun in a game like they are a life preserver.
    Games should be a balance of challenge and fun. Flying throws the balance off entirely too much. Limit flying to past content and keep current content grounded and then you have balance.

But why can't I compare it? If I don't care about raiding, why can't I skip it? If you care enough about raiding you will raid anyway, have some willpower man. Why do you care what others do? The option to play it your way is still there. Don't force me to do something I find boring just to be able to get gear. I paid for this game too!!

Okay so I don't actually want to buy gear, but this is what it sounds like when you get told you still can use your groundmount while others fly. It doesn't matter if you only use traveling for fun and being out in the world isn't the "real" end content for you. For a lot of people that is the endgame and what they enjoy.

I hope they leave it out the whole expansion if they have done the proper design work.

There isn't anything which flying brings to the game beyond aesthetics and trivial personal pursuits.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I hope they leave it out the whole expansion if they have done the proper design work.

There isn't anything which flying brings to the game beyond aesthetics and trivial personal pursuits.
    What you call trivial others find as important to their fun.

The amount of dailies people would do, archaeology profession and gathering professions activity would be cut down with the removal of flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I said WAYYYY earlier in this thread that for every person crying about quiting, there would be another person resubbing for the same reason.

Technically since they confirmed no flying in 6.1, we can expect to see Superman's pics about his account deletion. That was his promise.
    Already refunded and unsubbed all 3 accounts. If flight is not instated in 6.1, you will get to see the account deletions, the email to blizz, and me waving happily from my new MMO. I'm not going to hand them $400 on the off chance that flying is coming back.

However, like also stated earlier in this thread. If flying IS instated in 6.1, the very MOMENT I am back on my mount, you will get a screen cap of that and this:

And then, in Swift flight form, I will buzz the tower of the nearest Horde base and start some World PvP in celebration (a feature I despise).

They probably just wanna see how people react and if they refuse to adapt to it, they will surely bring it back. Blizz always sticks to the majority

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    What you call trivial others find as important to their fun.

The amount of dailies people would do, archaeology profession and gathering professions activity would be cut down with the removal of flying.
    That is a design discussion.

I've not been a fan of profession gathering since tbc and even then it wasn't super awesome funtime show. It was at least viable for certain areas and frankly seemingly offered better personal progression than it has since Cata. Wrath had some decent perks as well, but since Cata and the refocus of all flying all the time, the whole needing to farm for 10 hours a week hoping from 1 node to the next, with a 3 second flight cast each time, isn't "fun" or "immersion."

The reason why the "numbers" are so high for the topics you listed is arguably directly related to the travel system they are tied too. We didn't have flying on the Isle nor on Tb and yet there were several dailies and people did them constantly (still.) Quel offered an extremely nice "even playing field" which many people were obscenely thankful for given the imbalanced playing field with flying and classes during TBC.... looking at Paladins and Druids here.

I was more speaking to mount collection as a trivial pursuit. It does provide fun to the user but it isn't an actual progression. I think flying mounts are fun and interesting, but I do not think they are "needed" either. Again, it completely rests on design.

Also dailies were once one of the primary gates to getting flying. It was designed this way and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Already refunded and unsubbed all 3 accounts. If flight is not instated in 6.1, you will get to see the account deletions, the email to blizz, and me waving happily from my new MMO. I'm not going to hand them $400 on the off chance that flying is coming back.

However, like also stated earlier in this thread. If flying IS instated in 6.1, the very MOMENT I am back on my mount, you will get a screen cap of that and this:

And then, in Swift flight form, I will buzz the tower of the nearest Horde base and start some World PvP in celebration (a feature I despise).
    This much hot air can't be healthy for you.

But hey, I can't wait. I think I'll follow your post history for entertainment purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    But hey, I can't wait. I think I'll follow your post history for entertainment purposes.
    You are free to do whatever you like. It's a wide open forum filled with folks who walk, talk, and act just like you. I'm sure you will make friends and bond with someone over this in no time. I recommend Ordinator, Gloicus, Shadowpunkz, or Cabyio. You will love them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

Wait, your new MMO? Which one is that, because the only one I can name with unrestricted flying is Aion?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Wait, your new MMO? Which one is that, because the only one I can name with unrestricted flying is Aion?
    it's not that there's no flying, it's that they're taking flying away. an established part of the game, with a multitude of mounts dedicated solely to flying, all being anally raped by *expletive starting with a C* who want a game back they probably never played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Wildstar, and SWTOR. Flying is a big deal... but not removing features from my game is a BIGGER one. So, If I want to fly, I will have my mount in Wildstar, or Aion, or a select few others. Either way, I will be paying for a service that is not REMOVED from my game, but still charged for. After 8 years, they want to take it in a backward direction, they can have it. They swore for years the reason they never wanted Classic only servers is because they believed in progress. Removing flying mounts is REgress. I'm not going to pay to play on a Vanilla/WoD realm. They wanna add flying back in with 6.1, I will be back, if not, they can enjoy the view as I walk away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not that there's no flying, it's that they're taking flying away. an established part of the game, with a multitude of mounts dedicated solely to flying, all being anally raped by *expletive starting with a C* who want a game back they probably never played.
    Someone understands. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    So every established part of the game is a good one? I'm sure anyone would say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughterJones View Post
    To answer your first ?, the reduced world pvp gameplay is only part of it for me. Community investment is down since the advantage of pop-in and pop-out flying. I could provide anecdotal evidence, but that would be superfluous. I'll just say, as a groundie, you are almost forced to assist others in your current sphere. Events mean much more to you when you are at 100% rather than 310%.
    Flying is not the main reason people aren't helping each other. The main reason people aren't helping each other is because it's actively disencouraged by the game. WoW's tagging system is terrible, outdated, and leads to egoistic gameplay.

If people got XP and loot whenever they helped someone kill something, everybody would help each other out and kill stuff together. Just like it works when you're in a party, except you wouldn't need to be in a party.

So why not start with that, and instead attack flying? People still won't help each other even if they can't fly, they never did that, because they won't get contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughterJones View Post
    Second question - I was one of those who liked to explore the maps and find the places that were behind the 'official' walls haha. Frequently I'd die but it was fun. Discovering the troll party village up in north felwood was pretty cool.
    Me too, but you didn't answer my question whether the removal of city portals in Cata, and the removal of HGWT made you do more exploring than before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post

Oh I sure hope you are firmly against and protesting the paid lvl 90s for $$$.