Please spare us the melodramatic rhetoric, just provide a link to a blog in your signature or something for those foolish (and sadistic) enough to seek out your updated opinions after returning from your initial forum ban here.

The final step to fully disavowing WoW - is to also delete your forum account here too. Because its very cliche (but not very convincing) to return to WoW forums telling everyone how you've found a newer, younger and prettier love elsewhere. We all know how long that will last, lol.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-05-05 at 01:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Snip
    So you'd vote for the guy who hands out free steaks on election day.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Ashe would like to speak with you! I cannot use it in ground mount only places :P
    Not in WoD, which is what's being discussed.

After a week away from the forums, and just about the same from the game, I wanted to say thank you, to everyone in this thread. You've all made me realize something. I wasn't fooling anyone but myself when I was still a White Knight and a FanBoy for Blizz. I defended every decision they made up until this one, regardless of what it was, or how great/horrible it turned out. I just wanted to defend Blizzard's right to do to their game what they chose to do. In keeping with that tradition, I will do so once more.

Blizz, this is your game. If you want to remove things and feel it is a smart move, then go for it. After all, this is your MMO. Unsubbing, uninstalling, and perma-deleting my account was an even better move than I had ever hoped. In the midst of feeling sorry about the game, and the new path it seems to want, I found myself looking at the SWTOR icon on my desktop. So I figured, why not. After the update, I logged in, still in my F2P mode, and looked at my Jedi. Imagine my surprise when I found 10 pieces of mail in my mailbox, some almost a year old.

I opened 8 crates, and two companion pets. Each item came with a letter from Bioware thanking me for being a part of their game and hoped I would continue to enjoy my time in the newest expansion that just raised the level from 50 to 55. My first thought "Ok, how much will this cost me?" Turns out, when I updated, I got the expansion for free, along with a new title, some new pilot suits (all modable gear), and a paint unlock for my new Starfighter. This couldn't be right. I had been a preferred member for a year, not a sub. There must be a mistake. So I rolled a new character. I get through my initial cutscene and found my mailbox filled with 10 items. So I did it again, and again just to make sure there was no mistake.

This never happened to me in WoW. I was confused. almost 8 years of subs and thousands of dollars spent on services, but the only thing I ever got in my mailbox was a Safari Hat, which I had to earn and unlock after a couple weeks of playing. So, I wanted to say Thank You to everyone who allowed me just enough rope to hang myself by shooting my mouth off in a thread I created last week. It allowed me to permanently walk away from this game and go back to a game that left the light on for me, and the covers turned down.

If there is no flight until 6.1, or after, it will be a big deal for some players. The pro-ground crowd needs to understand how the pro-flight crowd feels. Imagine the roles were reversed and you just found out the next expansion took place high in the clouds ABOVE Azeroth, and ground mounts were being given flying abilities. Seeing both sides of the coin is important, I get that now, but really makes no difference since I no longer have an axe to grind. So, I wish you all good luck in 6.X. From the looks of it, you are going to need it.
    Good post and good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Please spare us the melodramatic rhetoric, just provide a link to a blog in your signature or something for those foolish (and sadistic) enough to seek out your updated opinions after returning from your initial forum ban here.

The final step to fully disavowing WoW - is to also delete your forum account here too. Because its very cliche (but not very convincing) to return to WoW forums telling everyone how you've found a newer, younger and prettier love elsewhere. We all know how long that will last, lol.
    There are still SWTOR threads on this site. I'll be spending my time over there. Thanks for responding though. Nice to see nothing's changed and I made the better choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steppinrazor View Post
    No, I would vote for the guy who appreciated people being there to vote. Not charging them for parking, and charging them an admission fee, and then charging them for better seating, and then charging them for that steak. Great... now I am hungry for steak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Good post and good luck!
    Thank mate. I wish you well also. Best of luck to ya!

Have you permanently terminated your account yet, Superman? I want those screenshots yo!

Deleted
    There are still SWTOR threads on this site. I'll be spending my time over there. Thanks for responding though. Nice to see nothing's changed and I made the better choice.
    If you don't change, and your posts don't change then why do you expect the responses you get will change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WtfamIreading View Post
    Have you permanently terminated your account yet, Superman? I want those screenshots yo!
    Just waiting for the confirmation email from privacy@Blizzard.com.

Whilst I agree with your general point of Blizzard becoming more and more uncaring about the playerbase, the melodrama and over-reaction is hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't change, and your posts don't change then why do you expect the responses you get will change?
    I'm not entirely sure why you are upset, or if I have offended you somehow. If I did, I am sorry. Best of luck to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Whilst I agree with your general point of Blizzard becoming more and more uncaring about the playerbase, the melodrama and over-reaction is hilarious
    Was just saying goodbye. These responses though seem to cement my choice as being the correct one. I wish you luck in your uphill battle against the machine and its defenders.

Keep us posted, Supaman

Deleted
    I would completely agree with a "no flying in Draenor" policy. It's going to return the focus on exploration and world pvp. Flying is a means of transport that makes everything just all too easy. Difficulty brings depth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Free the Brain View Post
    I would completely agree with a "no flying in Draenor" policy. It's going to return the focus on exploration and world pvp. Flying is a means of transport that makes everything just all too easy. Difficulty brings depth.
    not flying doesn't make the game more difficult, it just makes it longer and more annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Free the Brain View Post
    waiting =/= difficulty

- - - Updated - - -

So you'd eat at a restaurant where you ordered steaks repeatedly (and paid in advance) to never get served.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-05-05 at 04:58 PM.

Yeah, you're right.

They let us keep the wheels, they just took out the drive shaft and the transmission.
    Because flying in WoW is equivalent to a mandatory piece of equipment in a car for it to work....insinuating that flying is required for WoW to be functional. Ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Because flying in WoW is equivalent to a mandatory piece of equipment in a car for it to work....insinuating that flying is required for WoW to be functional. Ridiculous.
    Good or bad, people have been conditioned to hit the flying mount button on a near constant basis for the greater part of a decade.

I would say if you're worried about functionality, you're setting the bar abysmally low.

After a week away from the forums, and just about the same from the game, I wanted to say thank you, to everyone in this thread. You've all made me realize something. I wasn't fooling anyone but myself when I was still a White Knight and a FanBoy for Blizz. I defended every decision they made up until this one, regardless of what it was, or how great/horrible it turned out. I just wanted to defend Blizzard's right to do to their game what they chose to do. In keeping with that tradition, I will do so once more.

Blizz, this is your game. If you want to remove things and feel it is a smart move, then go for it. After all, this is your MMO. Unsubbing, uninstalling, and perma-deleting my account was an even better move than I had ever hoped. In the midst of feeling sorry about the game, and the new path it seems to want, I found myself looking at the SWTOR icon on my desktop. So I figured, why not. After the update, I logged in, still in my F2P mode, and looked at my Jedi. Imagine my surprise when I found 10 pieces of mail in my mailbox, some almost a year old.

I opened 8 crates, and two companion pets. Each item came with a letter from Bioware thanking me for being a part of their game and hoped I would continue to enjoy my time in the newest expansion that just raised the level from 50 to 55. My first thought "Ok, how much will this cost me?" Turns out, when I updated, I got the expansion for free, along with a new title, some new pilot suits (all modable gear), and a paint unlock for my new Starfighter. This couldn't be right. I had been a preferred member for a year, not a sub. There must be a mistake. So I rolled a new character. I get through my initial cutscene and found my mailbox filled with 10 items. So I did it again, and again just to make sure there was no mistake.

This never happened to me in WoW. I was confused. almost 8 years of subs and thousands of dollars spent on services, but the only thing I ever got in my mailbox was a Safari Hat, which I had to earn and unlock after a couple weeks of playing. So, I wanted to say Thank You to everyone who allowed me just enough rope to hang myself by shooting my mouth off in a thread I created last week. It allowed me to permanently walk away from this game and go back to a game that left the light on for me, and the covers turned down.

If there is no flight until 6.1, or after, it will be a big deal for some players. The pro-ground crowd needs to understand how the pro-flight crowd feels. Imagine the roles were reversed and you just found out the next expansion took place high in the clouds ABOVE Azeroth, and ground mounts were being given flying abilities. Seeing both sides of the coin is important, I get that now, but really makes no difference since I no longer have an axe to grind. So, I wish you all good luck in 6.X. From the looks of it, you are going to need it.
    Good luck to you, have fun in SWTOR. Give Rift a try if you haven't already, it's probably the best MMO I've ever played.

Deleted
    I'm so happy! Best expansion ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Good luck to you, have fun in SWTOR. Give Rift a try if you haven't already, it's probably the best MMO I've ever played.
    I tried it once a while back, but I will certainly consider giving it a second go. I wish you all the best as well.

It's going to return the focus on exploration and world pvp
    Why do I keep seeing this when the majority of players are on PVE servers? If this is as you say then what was said earlier applies: take flight OFF pvp servers and let the rest of us fly as we wish. People roll on PVE servers to get AWAY from that kind of idiocy, like the imbecile pvper yesterday that tried to gank NPC's at Halfhill, and was promptly put down HARD by the guards.

There were five of us there at the time (Horde) and we all cracked up. Serves the moron right.

Why should anything to do with pvp have any bearing on the 60% on PVE servers?
    Last edited by Aehl; 2014-05-06 at 12:59 AM.