10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sadly, I think they're serious. Some people honestly don't see how flying hurts the game.
    Lol I've seen some overreactions on this forum but this is right up there, i mean wow.

Quote Originally Posted by vickvinegar View Post
    Lol I've seen some overreactions on this forum but this is right up there, i mean wow.
    Hes not overreacting, its true.

Some people genuinely dont realise why the game is better off without flying. And they genuinely dont realise that it actually hurts the game. These people need to be told whats good for them, even if they dont realise or accept it themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Hes not overreacting, its true.

Some people genuinely dont realise why the game is better off without flying. And they genuinely dont realise that it actually hurts the game. These people need to be told whats good for them, even if they dont realise or accept it themselves.
    It ruins the game HOW? This whole topic is so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by vickvinegar View Post
    It ruins the game HOW? This whole topic is so amazing.
    You'll see in warlords.

Deleted
    This won't happen. They can't afford to pull a stunt like this and alienate a lot of gamers, who like flying.

I don't mind not flying from the start, but to me, at the end of the expansion flying around is therapeutic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    You'll see in warlords.
    Ya, you'll see a bunch of people riding past you on their [Armored Dread Raven] is what you'll see.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Ya, you'll see a bunch of people riding past you on their [Armored Dread Raven] is what you'll see.
    Cool can't wait, those are the new Anzu looking mounts right?

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is saying that. People see the benefits of no flying and support it not want it removed for everyone that is a developer decision.
    Except that's exactly what people have been saying for the past 42 pages. I understand your position on it, so I'm not calling you out but other people on here are acting like flying mounts have destroyed WoW. When they have been part of the game since the first expansion. It's a completely asinine argument. Do I think every single area in the game should allow flying of course not. I'm actually fond of timeless isle, I thought it was a fun change of pace and much better than Thunder Isle. That said I don't think that type of world design should apply to an entire new continent for a whole expansion. That is essentially regressing the game back to preBC days. The most annoying thing about this whole discussion is just the simple fact that they are essentially locking me out of 50-60% of my mounts and they are telling me how I should play the game. I just want those people that are anti-flying zealots to think hard about what exactly they think removing flying mounts will do for the game. Because if the answer is improving the community by forcing social contact. People really haven't been paying attention to this game's transformation over the years. People are still going to be chilling in Org/SW 90% of the time. I can't speak for PVP realms but from a PVE realm perspective this change really does nothing for me other than annoy me.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I think no flying makes the game more engaging, you can't just swoop in and fly away if there is danger. Of course if you could fly in every zone in the game I could also care less.
    I agree.

But there's a precedent that's been set. A precedent that, once removed, will do more harm than good to the community and thus the game as a whole.

It's the exact same case with LFR.

If either of those things were never added to the game in the first place the game would be in better shape than it is now. But adding and then removing it is going to be even more detrimental than adding them in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I wouldnt mind no flying if flight paths were turned into portals, ala Rift. Port instantly to any visited flight path.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool can't wait, those are the new Anzu looking mounts right?
    Ya, that's the flying mount you get when you buy the "Digital Deluxe" aka Collector's edition of that expansion, you know, the one where there's definitely not going to be any flying, ever.... This thread is full of fail.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2014-03-10 at 01:10 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I think we will ending up loving it in Warlords of Draenor, maybe even the people that are currently hating the idea. And we all know that people saying they'll unsub because of such a small matter will continue to play, or return if they do unsub

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Except that's exactly what people have been saying for the past 42 pages. I understand your position on it, so I'm not calling you out but other people on here are acting like flying mounts have destroyed WoW. When they have been part of the game since the first expansion. It's a completely asinine argument. Do I think every single area in the game should allow flying of course not. I'm actually fond of timeless isle, I thought it was a fun change of pace and much better than Thunder Isle. That said I don't think that type of world design should apply to an entire new continent for a whole expansion. That is essentially regressing the game back to preBC days. The most annoying thing about this whole discussion is just the simple fact that they are essentially locking me out of 50-60% of my mounts and they are telling me how I should play the game. I just want those people that are anti-flying zealots to think hard about what exactly they think removing flying mounts will do for the game. Because if the answer is improving the community by forcing social contact. People really haven't been paying attention to this game's transformation over the years. People are still going to be chilling in Org/SW 90% of the time. I can't speak for PVP realms but from a PVE realm perspective this change really does nothing for me other than annoy me.
    I'm pretty sure it will be like it is now. No flying until lvl 100 in certain areas. In the other areas no flying at all. People just like to complain.

I would be ticked. I just farmed onys drake and I want to be able to show it off. Its a flying only mount. If they made it so all mounts can be ground mounts, Maybe. But then you have people who bought flying mounts with Real life money. The amount of backlash they would get is insane. To just ensure all of those 20$+ mounts now dont work for an entire expansion is beyond bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    I think we will ending up loving it in Warlords of Draenor, maybe even the people that are currently hating the idea. And we all know that people saying they'll unsub because of such a small matter will continue to play, or return if they do unsub
    What is the appeal exactly? Longer times to get to the instances. More chances to be killed by a stray mob. What is the appeal of having half your mounts that you worked for unusable?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it will be like it is now. No flying until lvl 100 in certain areas. In the other areas no flying at all. People just like to complain.
    That is what I'm hoping but you never can tell with Blizzard. They have surprised me many times in the past. The interview the OP posted is by no means a guarantee that there will be no flying in WoD, but just the fact that the guy is entertaining the idea is enough to make me a little worried.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Ya, that's the flying mount you get when buy the "Digital Deluxe" aka Collector's edition of that expansion, you know, the one where there's definitely not going to be any flying, ever.... This thread is full of fail.
    Nice! In certain places you will be able to fly with him and in certain places you won't. You know like how it is now with a few more places that have flight restrictions in the new content.

I so hope this is true!! Would be awesome!!! Plus all the complainers might actually quit and make the game better!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how you got "no flying for the entire expansion" out of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice! In certain places you will be able to fly with him and in certain places you won't. You know like how it is now with a few more places that have flight restrictions in the new content.
    Ya, so basically flying isn't "going away, forever" and half the people in this thread should go buy a rope.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll see in warlords.
    So many sound counter arguments from you anti flying people lol