Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    People will skip what they find boring whether Blizzard removes flying or not.
    You can only skip so much when you're not allowed to fly.

We gave them, you pretend we didn't.
    Well, not really. You told me that you enjoy flying, but thats about it. I enjoyed the old talent trees, but that doesn't mean they are better for the game, or the change wasn't a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of text. I'm going to have to take a moment and read it in it's entirety, but meanwhile I will address this bit. This is what I'm having a hard time seeing. The anti-flight camp comes off as spoiled, whiny brats that want to drag everyone down (literally) with them. Their way has to be the only way, when we can actually coexist (as we have until now).
    Whether they care to admit it or not, the majority of wow players find flying fun, and I'm certain the masses that log in and play the game without being subjected to the toxicity of the forums will want to keep having that aspect of fun. It's a game, after all.
    Its funny - I see the people whining about no flight as whiny brats. "They are taking away MY TOY!"

You know we didn't vote on this right? This is Blizzards decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well, not really. You told me that you enjoy flying, but thats about it. I enjoyed the old talent trees, but that doesn't mean they are better for the game, or the change wasn't a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Its funny - I see the people whining about no flight as whiny brats. "They are taking away MY TOY!"

You know we didn't vote on this right? This is Blizzards decision.
    When they took away the old talent trees, I knew the game went straight Hipster.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    I haven't seen a worthy argument for the removal of flying at max level that warrants making an argument for keeping flying.

The scenario put to the player base by the game makers was extremely situational, terribly one sided and totally devoid of any real answers to perceived problems other than "eh, remove it".

One would hope the games features would be expanded on in an expansion, rather than removed.
    This thread was built around saying that flying should stay in the game - thus, if you want to argue that point you should give a good argument. Burden of proof is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Yeah, but Arthas is no more, and Illidan is no more. People's attention spans are low enough as it is. They need to reengage the world and get into it again, and to do that, flying needs to go imo because otherwise, "ain't no one got time for that" is gonna kick in and we're gonna skip everything.
    You think removing flying is going to stop any gamers from skipping content they don't want to engage?

With the plethora of ways to skip content, you want to lay blame on flying at max level?

Are you high this morning?

This thread was built around saying that flying should stay in the game - thus, if you want to argue that point you should give a good argument. Burden of proof is on you.
    We debate the pros and cons as the thread moves forward. You want burden of proof, go back and read any of the hundreds of posts in multiple threads on why it should stay in game.

Hell, bring up a reason you think it should be removed in game and I'll show you why it's invalid.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-06-20 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can only skip so much when you're not allowed to fly.
    With flight removed at max level, more people will retreat to cities and garrisons to queue for content.

I won't do that, but I will use flight taxi instead of my personal flying mount to skip content I've already completed and I'm bored with. As I've said, "unfortunately flight taxi offer zero ability to interact or get oneself immersed in content. On a personal flying mount, if something interesting appears, I can swoop down for fun interaction and immersion in the world. With taxis I will be afk, talk about compelling content! "

- removing it doesn't fix anything
    - nobody was complaining about it being in the game before WoD
    - it's removal wastes my time needlessly

How are those three?

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    You think removing flying is going to stop any gamers from skipping content they don't want to engage?

With the plethora of ways to skip content, you want to lay blame on flying at max level?

Are you high this morning?
    No, I'm not. I didn't say removing flying is not going to stop any gamer from skipping content they don't want to engage. I said that, even if you want to skip it, you have to literally run there and experience the rocks, dust, canyons, plains, caves, and shrubbery even if you avoid the mobs and thus, you're going to be forced to engage to some extent. When you fly, you mostly engage a bunch of empty space before touching down.

I hope that no flying is allowed keep the casuals away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not really. You told me that you enjoy flying, but thats about it.
    You are wrong, I did say I enjoyed flying for the sake of flying, but that was only a small part of my statements. You are just ignoring it.

With flight removed at max level, more people will retreat to cities and garrisons to queue for content.

I won't do that, but I will use flight taxi instead of my personal flying mount to skip content I've already completed and I'm bored with. As I've said, "unfortunately flight taxi offer zero ability to interact or get oneself immersed in content. On a personal flying mount, if something interesting appears, I can swoop down for fun interaction and immersion in the world. With taxis I will be afk, talk about compelling content! "
    Irony is that, should people stay in the cities or use flight paths, they are skipping content and are not immersed in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minetor View Post
    I hope that no flying is allowed keep the casuals away.
    Most players are casuals and they pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    - removing it doesn't fix anything
    - nobody was complaining about it being in the game before WoD
    - it's removal wastes my time needlessly

How are those three?
    It may not fix the issue that you personally find the ground game boring and uninteresting, but it does fix the issue of increased engagement.

A lot of people were complaining, but it wasn't such a big deal, and the same holds true now.

And it may waste your time, but not everyone else's time.

Those are interesting points, but purely your personal tastes and "your time" and "other people complaining" does not have anything to do with fixing an issue of engagement with the environment with the game. You think it won't fix it, and the only thing I will agree with is that it doesn't fix that you find that shit boring. It will make you engage it more. Unless you intentionally fuck up your graphics card and make everything pixellated so what you see on the ground is the same as the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Your rant is void. You can explain what the word protest means... but until you fully understand what is actually happening, it is stupid.

Let's say that you love pill Y. Pill Y came after pill X. Pill X was something pretty basic. It got the job done but slow. Pill Y does the same trick but faster. It also has a few drawbacks. So the doctors/farm. industry decide to remove pill Y and give pill X again.

Are you with me?

People who are now used to pill Y do not mind the drawbacks at all. They just want it to work fast. And so they rage on whatever forum/complain to the doctors/farm. industry.

Meanwhile they don't know that the doctor/farm. industry has invented a new additional pill called Z. This Z doesn't work unless you also get pill X. It enhances pill X without having the same drawbacks as Y does.

So people who are complaining, do not know the full story. And thus their "protest" is ill informed and ludicrous.

But yeah go ahead and waste your time "protesting". I'll be there when WoD comes along and see that Blizzard did a fine job at making the world such that you won't need flying mounts in WoD. Ya know... because they designed it that way.
    You are a very self-righteous person for arguing about things that are a matter of opinion.

Unless you are a developer, you don't get paid for spewing the company line. You only know what you're told. If you choose to believe it, that's on you. You can't fault others for not believing what they are told, by people with an agenda.

Everybody has a point, everybody is valid. You aren't special, you also don't get to decide how another person thinks or feels is correct. IT just is. Like it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    You are a very self-righteous person for arguing about things that are a matter of opinion.

Unless you are a developer, you don't get paid for spewing the company line. You only know what you're told. If you choose to believe it, that's on you. You can't fault others for not believing what they are told, by people with an agenda.

Everybody has a point, everybody is valid. You aren't special, you also don't get to decide how another person thinks or feels is correct. IT just is. Like it or leave it.
    I don't think the person you quoted is correct in his analysis lol, but he's right in that their protests are a bit ill informed. Ludicrous, idk.

Most players are casuals and they pay the bills.
    The bills??? most of the money they get from subs goes in the bank or on other games because if it went on WoW content we would not be waiting months and months between Xpans.

Quote Originally Posted by Minetor View Post
    The bills??? most of the money they get from subs goes in the bank or on other games because if it went on WoW content we would not be waiting months and months between Xpans.
    I mean you can't just throw money and make code and writing and art appear overnight you know lol.

No, I'm not. I didn't say removing flying is not going to stop any gamer from skipping content they don't want to engage. I said that, even if you want to skip it, you have to literally run there and experience the rocks, dust, canyons, plains, caves, and shrubbery even if you avoid the mobs and thus, you're going to be forced to engage to some extent. When you fly, you mostly engage a bunch of empty space before touching down.
    and I say, IF gamers really wanted to see the crap blizzard spawned in their path, TBC and WoTLk would have turned out entirely different.

Guess what. Flying didn't hurt wow.
    At the end of the day, if you are skipping mobs or tree or dirt, it doesn't matter if you telelport, hearthstone or flying past it. It doesn't matter if you /follow or just simply zone out and let your toon run in one direction till he stops or died.

Skipped content is skipped content.

You make an assumption that just because blizzard spawned a tree, gamers need to run by it. They do not. Especially when the quest objective tells them differently.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    and I say, IF gamers really wanted to see the crap blizzard spawned in their path, TBC and WoTLk would have turned out entirely different.

Guess what. Flying didn't hurt wow.
    At the end of the day, if you are skipping mobs or tree or dirt, it doesn't matter if you telelport, hearthstone or flying past it. It doesn't matter if you /follow or just simply zone out and let your toon run in one direction till he stops or died.

Skipped content is skipped content.

You make an assumption that just because blizzard spawned a tree, gamers need to run by it. They do not. Especially when the quest objective tells them differently.
    I made an assumption that just because blizzard spawned a tree, gamers will skip running by that tree even if they love that tree, just to get somewhere faster.

I mean you can't just throw money and make code and writing and art appear overnight you know lol.
    I know but they have the money to have different dev teams working on small content patches and big xpans and you know the real reason it takes so long for new xpans is because casuals would cry if the last content of and xpan only lasted a few months because they maynot of got round to trying it after the nerfs when they can faceroll it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you should only allow flying after you have the achievements for doing a specific number of quest for each zone.